Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
John Bolton

(This post was last modified: 06-17-2020, 10:35 PM by mikesez.)

John Bolton.
He refused to obey a subpoena from the House of Representatives, saying that as a member of the executive branch, the legislative branch could not order him to do anything unless a judge agreed.
Then he said that he would obey a subpoena from the Senate, regardless of what a judge or the President said, but the Senate never gave one.
And now he's allegedly divulging everything he knows, with no subpoena from the Senate, no judges order, and against the wishes of the President.
Why?
Where is the honor in that?
The American public gets to give him money for his book, to get some of the facts, without the benefit of having him under oath, without the benefit of getting to cross-examine him.

That said, does anyone really doubt he's telling the truth about Trump?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

John Bolton has an axe to grind so.... I wouldn't give 2 cents to read his book
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

He should have been charged in The Hague. His rehabilitation is sickening

(06-17-2020, 10:34 PM)mikesez Wrote: That said, does anyone really doubt he's telling the truth about Trump?

Sadly, no.  I can see Trump doing all this stuff and more on a daily basis.  It's apparently the way he rolls.

I doubt the book will cause any of his supporters to lose faith in him, however.

If he can get the economy (not just the stock market) going again, he'll even get re-elected.

Then expect 4 to 5 more independent publications like this to come out over the course of his 2nd term as the staff turnover continues.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(06-18-2020, 05:47 AM)KodiakJag Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 10:34 PM)mikesez Wrote: That said, does anyone really doubt he's telling the truth about Trump?

Sadly, no.  I can see Trump doing all this stuff and more on a daily basis.  It's apparently the way he rolls.

I doubt the book will cause any of his supporters to lose faith in him, however.

If he can get the economy (not just the stock market) going again, he'll even get re-elected.

Then expect 4 to 5 more independent publications like this to come out over the course of his 2nd term as the staff turnover continues.

Oh if he wins in November, you aint seen NOTHING!!!

(06-18-2020, 02:06 AM)The Drifter Wrote: John Bolton has an axe to grind so.... I wouldn't give 2 cents to read his book

This seems to be the norm for people whom Trump hires at the top of his administration.  Attorney General, Secretary of State, Defense Secretary, several National Security Advisors... the list is endless.  

Something is deeply wrong here.   You can blame it on the "deep state" all you want, but Trump appointed all these people.

(06-18-2020, 06:30 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 02:06 AM)The Drifter Wrote: John Bolton has an axe to grind so.... I wouldn't give 2 cents to read his book

This seems to be the norm for people whom Trump hires at the top of his administration.  Attorney General, Secretary of State, Defense Secretary, several National Security Advisors... the list is endless.  

Something is deeply wrong here.   You can blame it on the "deep state" all you want, but Trump appointed all these people.

You make mistakes and you move on. The important thing is recognizing the mistakes you made and fixing them. Trump was never a politician and even with preparation couldn't have estimated just how swampy the swamp is. 

As far as tell-all books. If Melania or Kellyanne writes one, I may read it.

(06-18-2020, 08:12 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 06:30 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: This seems to be the norm for people whom Trump hires at the top of his administration.  Attorney General, Secretary of State, Defense Secretary, several National Security Advisors... the list is endless.  

You make mistakes and you move on. The important thing is recognizing the mistakes you made and fixing them. Trump was never a politician and even with preparation couldn't have estimated just how swampy the swamp is. 

It happens over and over though.  He promised to appoint only the best and most competent people.  But if you believe Trump's own words, he has made a steady string of terrible appointments.  This is just the latest. 

According to Trump, Bolton is a "dope," "incompetent," and "a disgruntled, boring fool."  Well who the hell appointed him in the first place?  

And what about all the other high ranking people who were "great" when Trump appointed them but "terrible and incompetent" when they left?  Over and over.  

If you believe what these people say when they leave the administration, Trump is incompetent.  And if you believe what Trump says about them when they leave the administration, Trump is incompetent.  Because he appointed them.

“Bannon will do great! Trump knows what he’s doing!”

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2020, 09:07 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(06-18-2020, 08:27 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 08:12 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You make mistakes and you move on. The important thing is recognizing the mistakes you made and fixing them. Trump was never a politician and even with preparation couldn't have estimated just how swampy the swamp is. 

It happens over and over though.  He promised to appoint only the best and most competent people.  But if you believe Trump's own words, he has made a steady string of terrible appointments.  This is just the latest. 

According to Trump, Bolton is a "dope," "incompetent," and "a disgruntled, boring fool."  Well who the hell appointed him in the first place?  

And what about all the other high ranking people who were "great" when Trump appointed them but "terrible and incompetent" when they left?  Over and over.  

If you believe what these people say when they leave the administration, Trump is incompetent.  And if you believe what Trump says about them when they leave the administration, Trump is incompetent.  Because he appointed them.

Trumps strengths have always been business. Civilians don't typically have foreign policy chops outside of their own opinions, especially civilians who jump straight to being POTUS with no previous political experience.

Ignoring the name calling, Trump has done well in what I personally elected him to do, and in his defense, the fact Bolton wrote this book speaks to his character and justifies his firing IMO.

Also, have you ever heard a manager hire an employee and say "I just hired an idiot"? The road to success is paved with good intentions.

(06-18-2020, 09:05 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 08:27 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: It happens over and over though.  He promised to appoint only the best and most competent people.  But if you believe Trump's own words, he has made a steady string of terrible appointments.  This is just the latest. 

Trumps strengths have always been business. Civilians don't typically have foreign policy chops outside of their own opinions, especially civilians who jump straight to being POTUS with no previous political experience.

Ignoring the name calling, Trump has done well in what I personally elected him to do, and in his defense, the fact Bolton wrote this book speaks to his character and justifies his firing IMO.

Also, have you ever heard a manager hire an employee and say "I just hired an idiot"? The road to success is paved with good intentions.

The road to success is paved with intelligence, competence and the right people around you. The road to losing to Joe Biden is paved with pictures of Donald Trump's face.

Trump is hiring the best and brightest bureaucrats in America.

They are STILL bureaucrats so it doesn't really matter.

He's going to have to stop hiring them if he really wants to make a permanent change.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-18-2020, 10:21 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Trump is hiring the best and brightest bureaucrats in America.

He's going to have to stop hiring them if he really wants to make a permanent change.

In his own words, they are not the best and brightest.  In his own words, they are terrible, incompetent liars.  

What does it say about him that in his own words, he is unable to hire competent people?

(06-18-2020, 10:30 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 10:21 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Trump is hiring the best and brightest bureaucrats in America.

In his own words, they are not the best and brightest.  In his own words, they are terrible, incompetent liars.  

What does it say about him that in his own words, he is unable to hire competent people?

That he hasn't yet realized the full extent of the control of the federal deep state bureaucracy. Every person he hires that he thinks is the right person is just as swampy as the last person, but where are the non-swamp candidates? There aren't any because everyone who is qualified is also part and parcel of the Machine. That's how Institutions evolve to protect themselves, and the only real fix is to end the entire government, fire everyone, and start over.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-18-2020, 10:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 10:30 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: In his own words, they are not the best and brightest.  In his own words, they are terrible, incompetent liars.  

That he hasn't yet realized the full extent of the control of the federal deep state bureaucracy. Every person he hires that he thinks is the right person is just as swampy as the last person, but where are the non-swamp candidates? There aren't any because everyone who is qualified is also part and parcel of the Machine. That's how Institutions evolve to protect themselves, and the only real fix is to end the entire government, fire everyone, and start over.

So you mean to say Trump draining the swamp was actually pure fantasy? damn, that's a stunner to many on this board

(06-18-2020, 10:43 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 10:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: That he hasn't yet realized the full extent of the control of the federal deep state bureaucracy. Every person he hires that he thinks is the right person is just as swampy as the last person, but where are the non-swamp candidates? There aren't any because everyone who is qualified is also part and parcel of the Machine. That's how Institutions evolve to protect themselves, and the only real fix is to end the entire government, fire everyone, and start over.

So you mean to say Trump draining the swamp was actually pure fantasy? damn, that's a stunner to many on this board

No, it's a simple matter of scale. He can try but it's more than he will be able to manage in his two terms unless something cataclysmic happens. Hopefully he is the first of several who take steps to dismantle the federal machine, but he's not nearly conservative enough to really make a dent in the time he has left. I like some of what he's done, but he's still too moderate for my personal tastes.

(06-18-2020, 10:46 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 10:43 AM)JackCity Wrote: So you mean to say Trump draining the swamp was actually pure fantasy? damn, that's a stunner to many on this board

No, it's a simple matter of scale. He can try but it's more than he will be able to manage in his two terms unless something cataclysmic happens. Hopefully he is the first of several who take steps to dismantle the federal machine, but he's not nearly conservative enough to really make a dent in the time he has left. I like some of what he's done, but he's still too moderate for my personal tastes.

Nobody forced him to hire Bolton. If Bolton's a "swamp creature" how can we blame anyone other than Trump for putting him in "the room where it happened"?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-18-2020, 11:09 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 10:46 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No, it's a simple matter of scale. He can try but it's more than he will be able to manage in his two terms unless something cataclysmic happens. Hopefully he is the first of several who take steps to dismantle the federal machine, but he's not nearly conservative enough to really make a dent in the time he has left. I like some of what he's done, but he's still too moderate for my personal tastes.

Nobody forced him to hire Bolton. If Bolton's a "swamp creature" how can we blame anyone other than Trump for putting him in "the room where it happened"?

No, we can't. We also have to consider that it doesn't matter who he puts in the rooms, they all turn out to be the same snakes under their "R" labels.

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2020, 11:39 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

What happened to the Non Disclosure Agreements?  Bolton didn't sign one ... LOL

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/19/595025070...agreements

(06-18-2020, 10:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 10:30 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: In his own words, they are not the best and brightest.  In his own words, they are terrible, incompetent liars.  

You're saying everyone is a member of the deep state except Trump?  And that no one is qualified for these jobs who is not a member of the deep state?