Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump Rally - Tulsa, OK

(06-25-2020, 08:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: So, speaking of the Trump rally in Tulsa, which is the thread topic after all, what did you guys think about Trump saying he wanted to slow down testing so we wouldn't show so many cases?   Seems like a pretty dumb thing to think, and even dumber to say out loud.  And then when his people went on TV to tell us he was only joking, Trump comes out the next day and says, he wasn't joking, he was serious.

His comment is certainly not eloquent, but at the same time politicizing a pandemic and making it a campaign issue isn't good for anyone and completely destroys any remaining public trust when it comes to disseminating information on future pandemics.

The way the MSM completely shifted away from talking about COVID-19 during the riots and looting and not right back to it with full force doesn't really make me take any of this serious anymore.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-25-2020, 09:32 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 08:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: So, speaking of the Trump rally in Tulsa, which is the thread topic after all, what did you guys think about Trump saying he wanted to slow down testing so we wouldn't show so many cases?   Seems like a pretty dumb thing to think, and even dumber to say out loud.  And then when his people went on TV to tell us he was only joking, Trump comes out the next day and says, he wasn't joking, he was serious.

(06-25-2020, 09:26 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: Trump is an idiot, it's pretty clear every time he opens his mouth, but after watching his interview where he says "i don't kid," if you keep watching, listening to him made me think he was saying he was serious about more testing = more positive cases and that's just how it's going to be.  Fauci noted that the task force had not been asked to slow testing.  I, personally, think he was saying it in jest and then him saying "I don't kid" is just Trump being a dweeb with this typical "tough guy" attitude that he has to reporters when they ask him tough questions.

Testing and confirmed cases doesn't matter too much. What matters is how many people have to be admitted. Testing # do help with get statistics and determining how many people are admitted, but ultimately they don't matter. His commit was more around people are blaming him because people test positive, its not that people are now dying. If you have less people test positive, then the same # of people go to the hospital. Did it change anything other than not giving the media something to complain about?

I would test as many people as possible, but I get what he was saying about the reporting of the numbers.

I don't disagree, but he can't articulate that.