Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The coffee thread

Who here likes their coffee black?

I do.

I used to think that all arabica beans were alike. I would buy the McDonald's coffee or the Aldi German roast because they were inexpensive and said 100% arabica on the label.

But I went ahead and splurged for some of the different Seattle's best coffees. The blends seem to be numbered one through eight. I've landed on #3, portside. it is divine.

What do you guys like?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-21-2020, 05:12 PM by The Real Marty.)

I make cold brew coffee.  I grind the beans in a coarse grind, put them in my cold brew maker, add water, put it in the refrigerator, and wait for at least 24 hours, but usually 36 to 48 hours.  It's very strong, so I usually add about 1/3 milk to my glass of cold brew.  No sugar.

Like my women! Heh, heh, heh…

(06-21-2020, 06:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Like my women! Heh, heh, heh…

Bitter?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(06-21-2020, 06:20 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(06-21-2020, 06:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Like my women! Heh, heh, heh…

Bitter?

And cold.

[Image: InconsequentialLegalAustraliancurlew-siz...ricted.gif]

(06-21-2020, 01:49 PM)mikesez Wrote: Who here likes their coffee black?

I do.

I used to think that all arabica beans were alike. I would buy the McDonald's coffee or the Aldi German roast because they were inexpensive and said 100% arabica on the label.

But I went ahead and splurged for some of the different Seattle's best coffees. The blends seem to be numbered one through eight. I've landed on #3, portside. it is divine.

What do you guys like?

I've posted this before in similar threads, but I'm a drip coffee guy. 
I am a bit snobby with it though. 

I have a fancy Dutch-made machine that makes a pot quickly and very consistently. 
I use a burr grinder  to make sure I get the most flavor from the organic Central or South-American medium roast whole beans that I find locally from a few different sources. 

I usually add about 1/4 teaspoon of agave nectar to just barely sweeten my coffee. If I made the pot a bit too strong, I'll add a splash of almond milk to cut it.

I do.

What do you guys like?

Aldi used to carry a Uganda Single Origin Fair Trade whole bean that was excellent and under $6.
It was my budget go-to when I wasn't going to the fancier store and I was running low on beans. 
They still sometimes have the Barissimo Peru Fair trade whole beans and they make a good cup too. It holds up fairly well to many of the $10-$12 per pound Peruvian med. roasts I've tried and is about half the price.

Seattle’s Best #5 in my percolator. Perfecto.

(This post was last modified: 06-24-2020, 12:56 PM by anonymous2112.)

Jamaica Blue Mountain.

Everything else is crap.

In some cases, literally. Google "civet cat" and coffee together, if you're brave.

(06-24-2020, 12:54 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: Jamaica Blue Mountain.

Everything else is crap.

In some cases, literally.  Google "civet cat" and coffee together, if you're brave.

I think we all learned about that in the movie The Bucket List

Coffee is Coffee.

It all tastes like bitter garbage until you put something else in it.

(06-24-2020, 01:25 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Coffee is Coffee.

Get out!

Say what?!

WE CANT EVEN AGREE ON COFFEE IN THIS WORLD?!

(06-24-2020, 10:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I do.

What do you guys like?

I've posted this before in similar threads, but I'm a drip coffee guy. 
I am a bit snobby with it though. 

I have a fancy Dutch-made machine that makes a pot quickly and very consistently. 
I use a burr grinder  to make sure I get the most flavor from the organic Central or South-American medium roast whole beans that I find locally from a few different sources. 

I usually add about 1/4 teaspoon of agave nectar to just barely sweeten my coffee. If I made the pot a bit too strong, I'll add a splash of almond milk to cut it.

My man!

Once I add the whiskey it's all the same.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(06-24-2020, 04:16 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Once I add the whiskey it's all the same.

Yup.  Adding anything else (except for perhaps a bit of rum) ruins a good cup of coffee.

In my opinion the best way to make coffee is pretty close to this guy's method.  I've had it that way for years.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I agree.

My ideal coffee is a can of Diet Coke and a NoDoz tablet.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I just buy the beans and chew Them like bubble gum. Why are all of you taking these extra steps? Seems like way too many steps an unnecessary.

(This post was last modified: 06-25-2020, 07:09 AM by RicoTx.)

I really can't stand coffee.  I've given it a try several times over the years.  The only coffee I drink doesn't taste much like coffee.  I will have a couple of lattes in the morning.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-25-2020, 07:08 AM)Rico Wrote: I really can't stand coffee.  I've given it a try several times over the years.  The only coffee I drink doesn't taste much like coffee.  I will have a couple of lattes in the morning.

Please tell me you don't wear skinny jeans and sport a "man bun".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.