Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pence didn't take the bait. Good for him!

Pence says "all lives matter"

"When you watch much of the national news media these days, Brian, it seems like they focus more every day on what divides us in this country," Pence said.

Well put, IMHO.

I'm just glad Trump wasn't the one being put on the spot like this.  No doubt he says something that gets us into our 2nd civil war.

"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Until black lives matter, all lives, by definition, do not matter. I don't get what's so hard for people to understand about that.

(06-23-2020, 11:35 AM)TJBender Wrote: Until black lives matter, all lives, by definition, do not matter. I don't get what's so hard for people to understand about that.

Black Lives DO matter, whats so hard to understand about that?

Black lives only matter to democrats when a white cop takes them so that their professional agitators can cause chaos. Other than that it's back to the plantation inner city slums with them until election day.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-23-2020, 11:35 AM)TJBender Wrote: Until black lives matter, all lives, by definition, do not matter. I don't get what's so hard for people to understand about that.

When you get off your horse, maybe you should tell Planned Parenthood that black lives matter, since they kill millions of black people.

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2020, 03:19 PM by Lucky2Last.)

Black lives matter, because all lives matter.

I've said it before and I will say it again: There is an accusation in the messaging of BLM that implies that Americans don't care about black lives. It's false. Please prove otherwise.

(06-23-2020, 03:19 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Black lives matter, because all lives matter.

I've said it before and I will say it again: There is an accusation in the messaging of BLM that implies that Americans don't care about black lives. It's false. Please prove otherwise.

Americans(since blacks are Americans) don't care about black lives because blacks don't care about their own lives or anyone else's life unless a white cop kills a black person. Violence, death, criminal activities are an accepted part of life in the black community. There is little pressure from within to fix the problems they can control. There are some good people in the communities trying to change people, but unfortunately that doesn't get attention or results when the criminals are allowed free rein in the communities.

Black lives will matter when the community stops killing themselves, then and only then can you really fix other issues (which those issues will disappear on their own if you fix the crime issue first).

(06-23-2020, 04:25 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Americans(since blacks are Americans) don't care about black lives because blacks don't care about their own lives or anyone else's life unless a white cop kills a black person. Violence, death, criminal activities are an accepted part of life in the black community. There is little pressure from within to fix the problems they can control. There are some good people in the communities trying to change people, but unfortunately that doesn't get attention or results when the criminals are allowed free rein in the communities.

Black lives will matter when the community stops killing themselves, then and only then can you really fix other issues (which those issues will disappear on their own if you fix the crime issue first).

Wow.  That's a really ignorant broad stroke perspective of blacks.  There are 42 million black people in the US.

ALL lives matter.  By definition that includes black lives, Hispanic lives, white lives, etc.  I don't get why it's so hard for people to understand that.

The violence, destroying both public and private property, defacing monuments, etc. is no longer about a police officer with his knee on a black criminal's neck.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-23-2020, 04:37 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

ALL lives matter.  By definition that includes black lives, Hispanic lives, white lives, etc.  I don't get why it's so hard for people to understand that.

The violence, destroying both public and private property, defacing monuments, etc. is no longer about a police officer with his knee on a black criminal's neck.

You're right. It's about hundreds of years of minorities in the US getting the occasional pat on the back before going back to being pushed aside, sometimes gently and sometimes by force. And yeah, because it's been said on here before, I am allowed to be white and still think there's something wrong with this picture. You want all lives to matter? Then black lives have to matter as much as any other lives do, and the US has spent its entire existence demonstrating that they don't think that's the case.

(06-23-2020, 05:06 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 04:37 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: ALL lives matter.  By definition that includes black lives, Hispanic lives, white lives, etc.  I don't get why it's so hard for people to understand that.

You're right. It's about hundreds of years of minorities in the US getting the occasional pat on the back before going back to being pushed aside, sometimes gently and sometimes by force. And yeah, because it's been said on here before, I am allowed to be white and still think there's something wrong with this picture. You want all lives to matter? Then black lives have to matter as much as any other lives do, and the US has spent its entire existence demonstrating that they don't think that's the case.

Regarding your first point in bold.  Yes my race was discriminated against, but did that stop me or my parents from achieving the American dream?  Were we not afforded the same opportunity to work hard and achieve success?  For that matter my grandparents born into poverty successfully raised good families and ran a couple of good ranches.  One of my grandfathers also served our country during WWII honorably.  We are/were all minorities and were never "pushed aside".

To your second point, are you saying that a poor black kid born into poverty in the 1950's didn't have the same opportunity to achieve as a white person born at the same time?  Are you saying that a black person born today doesn't have the same opportunity as a white child?  Native American child?  Hispanic child?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-23-2020, 05:06 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 04:37 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: ALL lives matter.  By definition that includes black lives, Hispanic lives, white lives, etc.  I don't get why it's so hard for people to understand that.

Again ... They do matter, and you don't want to accept that they do matter, YOU SAY THEY DON'T MATTER. You are the problem that you blame everyone else for.

YOU!

Black Lives Matter.

Prove it without going back to the 70s.

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2020, 06:24 PM by TJBender.)

(06-23-2020, 05:34 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 05:06 PM)TJBender Wrote: You're right. It's about hundreds of years of minorities in the US getting the occasional pat on the back before going back to being pushed aside, sometimes gently and sometimes by force. And yeah, because it's been said on here before, I am allowed to be white and still think there's something wrong with this picture. You want all lives to matter? Then black lives have to matter as much as any other lives do, and the US has spent its entire existence demonstrating that they don't think that's the case.

Regarding your first point in bold.  Yes my race was discriminated against, but did that stop me or my parents from achieving the American dream?  Were we not afforded the same opportunity to work hard and achieve success?  For that matter my grandparents born into poverty successfully raised good families and ran a couple of good ranches.  One of my grandfathers also served our country during WWII honorably.  We are/were all minorities and were never "pushed aside".

To your second point, are you saying that a poor black kid born into poverty in the 1950's didn't have the same opportunity to achieve as a white person born at the same time?  Are you saying that a black person born today doesn't have the same opportunity as a white child?  Native American child?  Hispanic child?

Unequivocally yes, but I won’t get into ranking which minorities have it worst (like I did originally buy misreading the end of your post).

(06-23-2020, 06:22 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 05:34 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: To your second point, are you saying that a poor black kid born into poverty in the 1950's didn't have the same opportunity to achieve as a white person born at the same time?  Are you saying that a black person born today doesn't have the same opportunity as a white child?  Native American child?  Hispanic child?

Unequivocally yes, but I won’t get into ranking which minorities have it worst (like I did originally buy misreading the end of your post).

I have a feeling he baited you, and you took the bait.

To your reply ... You admit it is your opinion, and you have zero proof that a black life is not equal to a white life (Today).

(06-23-2020, 06:28 PM)Sammy Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 06:22 PM)TJBender Wrote: Unequivocally yes, but I won’t get into ranking which minorities have it worst (like I did originally buy misreading the end of your post).

To your reply ... You admit it is your opinion, and you have zero proof that a black life is not equal to a white life (Today).

I’m not going to go hunting for statistics while on my phone. The phrase “black lives matter” is viewed with contempt by a lot of white peoples and jj because they don’t understand what it means and they don’t want to. You can’t say that all lives matter when certain lives are made to matter more or less.

(06-23-2020, 06:33 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 06:28 PM)Sammy Wrote: I have a feeling he baited you, and you took the bait.

I’m not going to go hunting for statistics while on my phone. The phrase “black lives matter” is viewed with contempt by a lot of white peoples and jj because they don’t understand what it means and they don’t want to. You can’t say that all lives matter when certain lives are made to matter more or less.

But, you can't show any proof, except your opinion? I don't hold that in contempt, it's a lie that you are pushing. I am in many mixed circles, and not one black person in my circle would agree with YOU. You are the problem, not some arbitrary "white" people that ... YOU CAN'T LIST. You are lying, and you won't admit it ... So you hold onto the lie as a crutch. Let it go, see the good people out there that aren't who you claim they are.

(06-23-2020, 06:28 PM)Sammy Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 06:22 PM)TJBender Wrote: Unequivocally yes, but I won’t get into ranking which minorities have it worst (like I did originally buy misreading the end of your post).

No "baiting" at all.  I simply responded to what he said (wrote).

The problem is that many misguided people think the very same way as the quote of his that I highlighted.

Many people view history through a very narrow lens.  Highlighted right now is the history of slavery in this country.  Think about this.  Was moving and taking the lands of Native Americans right?  Guess what?  When the Native Americans were relocated during the Trail of Tears incident it not only included them, but also the slaves that they owned.  Was the relocation and taking of their land just?  Are they exempt from the sin of slavery in our nation's history?  What about the black slave owners?  Where does it end?

Before I go ... I am not a fan of Mike Pence, and not for the reason most would guess. In my opinion, he is an idiot. Not because of that whole gay cake thing (and he was right on that). But other non mentioned disagreements I would have with him. Being he/I am from Indiana. Screw you Mike.

(06-23-2020, 04:36 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 04:25 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Americans(since blacks are Americans) don't care about black lives because blacks don't care about their own lives or anyone else's life unless a white cop kills a black person. Violence, death, criminal activities are an accepted part of life in the black community. There is little pressure from within to fix the problems they can control. There are some good people in the communities trying to change people, but unfortunately that doesn't get attention or results when the criminals are allowed free rein in the communities.

Wow.  That's a really ignorant broad stroke perspective of blacks.  There are 42 million black people in the US.

Why? Look you cannot change how someone feels about another person. If someone is raised to be a racist, you can't really change that. You cannot legislate your way to them not being a racist. All you can do is control the view you other people see of you. Even during open racism, there were black businesses that succeeded, 2 parent families were extremely high, black males didn't all basically enter prison before they turned 20. If the black community wasn't ripped apart by the democrats, they would have been extremely successful.

How do you quickly solve the police issues? You immediately remove the crime from the community. People know it is happening and who is doing it, start recording it, report it, etc. You can't fix individual cops, but you can make it where they know it's a waste of time because they now see the black community isn't committing crimes. You also have anyone being arrested to treat the cops with respect and follow all their instructions. It doesn't matter if the cop is worthy of respect or is a dick and is harassing you, you follow their orders and don't argue.

How do you solve the educational and economic gaps? You immediately put a requirement to succeed in school into the black family. Why are Asian countries successful in school, it starts by putting the expectations that they will be successful. If you make that a priority, it won't matter that you could be poor as you will get assistance and then be able to close the economic gap. Once everyone in the community is putting in the effort to succeed, then if there are any racists in the business world, it won't matter because they would be the most qualified candidates.

These are things that could be done immediately and have quick ROI. Rioting, protesting, etc and trying to legislate change does nothing if you don't first look inward.