Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jack Del Rio

Is that an accurate depiction of you trying to follow politics?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-25-2020, 11:44 AM by The Real Marty.)

(06-25-2020, 10:05 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: But it's ok for Jack Del Rio to be one, too.

I agree that Trump isn't a traditional Republican, but the problem with that statement is that many democrats are no longer liberal. People will find a home with whoever takes them in. There is not much room left in the democratic party for the old-fashioned liberals. You are seeing federalist democrats merge with statist republicans to contend against globalist progressives.

That's an intriguing sentence.  Can you define those three groups?  And in what way are they merging?

(06-24-2020, 10:52 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(06-24-2020, 10:16 PM)TJBender Wrote: This is the same guy that put an axe in the locker room then was surprised when the punter almost cut his leg off. Of course he supports Trump.

JDR used to talk glowingly about Sarah Palin, too.

That makes me wonder about JDR's brain power.

(06-25-2020, 10:05 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: But it's ok for Jack Del Rio to be one, too.

I agree that Trump isn't a traditional Republican, but the problem with that statement is that many democrats are no longer liberal. People will find a home with whoever takes them in. There is not much room left in the democratic party for the old-fashioned liberals. You are seeing federalist democrats merge with statist republicans to contend against globalist progressives.

The people who ditched the Democratic party to vote for Trump are usually described as "blue collar" and "white" ... "federalist" is a new one.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Jack never did have a D.

(06-25-2020, 09:17 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 08:49 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It's ok for a dude to be republican.

It is, but Trump's not a Republican.

Trump isn't consumed by any ideology, he's consumed only with himself. That's why he's been whatever he thinks someone wants him to be when it benefits him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-25-2020, 05:33 PM by Lucky2Last.)

On my phone, so I'll keep it brief. Throughout most of American history, you had states rights guys vs federal power guys. They didn't have disagreements with regards to the constitution except how it related to the powers of federal government, which was largely settled by the Civil War. This clarified the question of whether this was one nation or a federation of individual nations. However, it didn't stop the debate on whether any one issue should be dealt with at the state or federal level. That has continued up to the tea party, really.

In the early 1900s, communism began making its way into the academic and social circles, and people began debating the merits of capitalism. This was really the beginning of the push that capitalism may not be the best way to handle the economy. The adoption and implementation of social welfare programs as re-imagined through communist ideology began to influence American policy. Then ww2 happens.

After the nazi threat was eliminated, it became very clear that the next big threat was communism, which lead to McCarthyism and paved the way for modern conservatism. The open communist threat in the US was shoved back underground by the early 70s, and the American paradigm of left vs right went back to federalism vs state's rights.

As the cold War endured, it became clear that the soviet economic model was a failure, and the academics who were supportive of Marxism looked for other mechanisms to foment revolution. This bright about social justice and disparity of identity instead of class. When the cold war ended and the communist threat was gone, more and more universities adopted this poison pill. So much so that there is now another legitimate globalist, Marxist revolution knocking at the door, whether you can see it it not.

So, the federalists to which I'm referring are the old liberals. The jfk democrats. The union workers. The American working class. They are beginning to ally with conservatives, who are simultaneously abandoning their small government beliefs. It's not so much that democrat elites are switching sides, although that has happened. It's more that they are being replaced by more progressive candidates.

Trump, in my opinion, is more like his base than the elites. He is abandoning the democratic party because he feels like it left him. On the reverse, conservatives are embracing him because he stands up to the globalist establishment.

Glad I did this on my phone. Took forever.

I can't disagree with Coach Del Rio's response to the typical liberal tweet aimed at him.  Because he (Del Rio) is a "Trump supporter" that means that he is "old" and "racist".

https://twitter.com/coachdelrio/status/1...2488729600

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-25-2020, 02:37 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I can't disagree with Coach Del Rio's response to the typical liberal tweet aimed at him.  Because he (Del Rio) is a "Trump supporter" that means that he is "old" and "racist".

https://twitter.com/coachdelrio/status/1...2488729600

That's not all Trump supporters. Just some.

*twiddles thumbs*