Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The panhandle is sooooooo long

Got up at 3am yesterday to finish final touches on my pig pen. We raise two Yorkshire’s and butcher them in the fall every year for meat. This year I had to use a different breeder since my guy in Gainesville was sold out. Left her for Defunknick Springs? Around 8:30am our time. We got home with the pigs at midnight last night, I forgot how far away the panehandle goes, we where about 15 min south of Alabama border next year I’m making that a two day trip. This breeder is worth the drove but damn I-10 goes on forever!
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I hear DeFuniak Springs is much closer.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(06-30-2020, 02:54 PM)rollerjag Wrote: I hear DeFuniak Springs is much closer.

Haha that’s it and it’s no where near anything lol. I thought Palatka was rural but holy crap that’s paradise!

You pretty much traveled the width of Georgia, and a third of Alabama. I've made that run many times. I like the part between Madison and about 20 miles east of Tallahassee and the back roads from Panama City to Apalachicola are pretty cool. I think they call it "the Lost Coast".

I don't know what's more boring, I-10 west or I-95 South.

I love the coastline around Destin but we where on the inland part of the panehandle didn’t feel like Florida at all with the foothills

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!