Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Jacksonville Jaguars will now only play two preseason games.

I don’t think anyone can say there won’t be a season. If kids are going back to school in Florida and grocery store workers never left, then the NFL can play with the right testing. These players are in the demographic most likely to not be majorly ill. This is not to wade into anything said above, just that I think the NFL will play. I’m going to work despite covid-19, so the players can play.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-07-2020, 08:16 AM)Newton Wrote: QI don’t think anyone can say there won’t be a season. If kids are going back to school in Florida and grocery store workers never left, then the NFL can play with the right testing. These players are in the demographic most likely to not be majorly ill. This is not to wade into anything said above, just that I think the NFL will play. I’m going to work despite covid-19, so the players can play.

It’s not really about that. You’re talking about staffs of 100+ people , traveling on planes every week, constant testing, how to deal with players who have it, risk of death in some cases, and the high probability of liability legal disputes. The risk of spreading is SO high. NFLPA isn’t going to just let players play without some strict strict Safety guidelines. 

You need grocery store workers for food, young children don’t have antigens in their bodies and thats why nearly all aren’t getting it.  That being said Florida is in a really bad situation right now among young adults.

(07-07-2020, 11:51 AM)MojoKing Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 08:16 AM)Newton Wrote: QI don’t think anyone can say there won’t be a season. If kids are going back to school in Florida and grocery store workers never left, then the NFL can play with the right testing. These players are in the demographic most likely to not be majorly ill. This is not to wade into anything said above, just that I think the NFL will play. I’m going to work despite covid-19, so the players can play.

It’s not really about that. You’re talking about staffs of 100+ people , traveling on planes every week, constant testing, how to deal with players who have it, risk of death in some cases, and the high probability of liability legal disputes. The risk of spreading is SO high. NFLPA isn’t going to just let players play without some strict strict Safety guidelines. 

You need grocery store workers for food, young children don’t have antigens in their bodies and thats why nearly all aren’t getting it.  That being said Florida is in a really bad situation right now among young adults.
All valid points. However, waiters are back at work and are not essential staff, but they are braving it for peanuts compared to NFL players. Players need to be made to sign a liability waiver, and those who don’t want to risk it can skip the season (without pay). High risk staff can travel virtually through zoom, and essential coaches can wear N95s. The season needs to happen. The country needs football more than ever.  Just my thoughts.

The most risk that the NFL players face is centered around their personal life AND MOST OF ALL BEING AROUND OTHER NFL PLAYERS THAT RUN WRECKLESS IN THE BARS AND OTHER GATHERINGS.

Their travel is on private planes, staying in wiped down hotels, and being shuttled to the stadium so I don't see a huge risk with that. As stated above, would you put your trust on Johnny Manziel / Pac Man Jones type players staying off the streets.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-07-2020, 11:59 AM)Newton Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 11:51 AM)MojoKing Wrote: It’s not really about that. You’re talking about staffs of 100+ people , traveling on planes every week, constant testing, how to deal with players who have it, risk of death in some cases, and the high probability of liability legal disputes. The risk of spreading is SO high. NFLPA isn’t going to just let players play without some strict strict Safety guidelines. 

All valid points. However, waiters are back at work and are not essential staff, but they are braving it for peanuts compared to NFL players. Players need to be made to sign a liability waiver, and those who don’t want to risk it can skip the season (without pay). High risk staff can travel virtually through zoom, and essential coaches can wear N95s. The season needs to happen. The country needs football more than ever.  Just my thoughts.

(07-07-2020, 02:08 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The most risk that the NFL players face is centered around their personal life AND MOST OF ALL BEING AROUND OTHER NFL PLAYERS THAT RUN WRECKLESS IN THE BARS AND OTHER GATHERINGS.

Their travel is on private planes, staying in wiped down hotels, and being shuttled to the stadium so I don't see a huge risk with that.  As stated above, would you put your trust on Johnny Manziel / Pac Man Jones type players staying off the streets.

I agree that I want football and the country needs it, but were talking about a multi billion dollar operation here. Liability wavers aren't going to fly with the NLPA on this kind of thing. I imagine theres going to be some heavy negotiations for player safety and hopefully plans set in place if they need to cancel the season mid way into playing due to too many cases. That being said, I doubt were gonna see a preseason game, and I doubt were going to see kick off in September, especially with these new reports that the league has had no clear plans on what to do and were 22 days from when preseason games were supposed to happen.

The only way it works is to quarantine everyone. Players don't want to do that though, they want to be able to go out.