Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What if there's no college season?

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2020, 06:34 PM by mal234.)

The Big Ten and Pac 12 cancelled their football seasons today. The Big Ten said they will attempt to play football in the spring. I feel bad for the kids that want to play but won't be able to play on teams in these conferences. I do t ahink that the conferences could have found ways to try and possibly play in the safest way possible. But it does seem like a lot of people are driven by fear. And there does seem to be agendas, hypocrisy and some things that make you wonder going on, in light of these decisions. For example Wisconsin's AD Barry Alvarez said that students still could practice 20 hours a week in the fall, even without playing in games. So, the kids will still have constantly contact, but won't be able to play in real games. I could definitely see players from the Big Ten and Pac 12 wanting to transfer to the other conferences. And some colleges have already indicated they are willing to leave these conferences and go play elsewhere. And the Big Ten and Pac 12 being hurt in their recruitment process because of this decision.

I could see why people would be upset about this be allowed to happen, but teams preventing kids from playing in games. And I could see why kids might feel like they are practicing for nothing. And I do see some negative things about playing in the fall, as that is during the height of flu season and it's asking kids to play football two seasons in one year (if they were allowed to play football in 2021). Some people do think that they won't end up playing football in the spring either.

These cancellations will end up causing a lot of problems, including people getting laid off. Barry Alvarez already said that people are going to get laid off as result of fall cancellation.

The ACC, SEC and Big 12 have said anyhing about cancelling their seasons yet. I hope they can find a way to play in a safe manner.

Messages In This Thread
What if there's no college season? - by jaglou53 - 07-06-2020, 02:02 PM
RE: What if there's no college season? - by Kane - 07-13-2020, 04:10 PM
RE: What if there's no college season? - by mal234 - 08-11-2020, 06:24 PM