Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What if there's no college season?

(08-11-2020, 06:38 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Do you really think they’ll play after several other conferences have opted out? Seems like a PR nightmare waiting to happen for the schools that choose to play!

I think that the SEC and ACC (and possibly the Big 12) might decide to play. If all three of these major conferences decided to play and could get some other schools to join them like Nebraska and Iowa (who voted against cancelling the fall season) I think it could work. They would definitely have to put the work in regarding doing things like taking safety precautions but it could work. Most pro sports are back right now and overall are operating successfully (NBA, NHL, Nascar, Golf, UFC, etc...) The MLB has had some issues, but they are still pushing on and has started to get things under control again. And the NFL is coming back as of now and haven't had a big surge in positive cases or serious illnesses. I think that all of this could bode well for college conferences that may choose to play. SEC has pushed the season back and that could give them more time to prepare for things.

I do believe that overall the risk to college students regarding the virus is very low. I also think they could be at higher risk away from their teams, medical doctors, trainers, safe protocols and steady testing. Whether that's at home or just on campus around students who aren't receiving the type of care the players would get if they were allowed to play football and be monitored for the virus on a consistent basis.

Messages In This Thread
What if there's no college season? - by jaglou53 - 07-06-2020, 02:02 PM
RE: What if there's no college season? - by Kane - 07-13-2020, 04:10 PM
RE: What if there's no college season? - by mal234 - 08-11-2020, 06:50 PM