Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mahomes Monster Extension Deal

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not enough lol

Mahomes is flat out incredible. He’s basically a robot QB created in a lab. Arm strength, improv, accuracy, touch, clutch and has a very high QB IQ.

This should help out Dak get an even bigger pay day.

500 million for 10 years.

Great googly moogly

(07-06-2020, 04:50 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: This should help out Dak get an even bigger pay day.

Lol

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2020, 06:45 PM by surfon.)

Sheesh I guess for some money does grow on trees. Must be nice. It will be interesting to find out the guaranteed amt.

Jmo but these salaries are getting kind of redonculous!

Just for giggles if it were 480 mil that would break down to 3 mil a game for 10 yrs. For easy math let's say he throws the ball 30 times a game. That's 100k a throw. That's no chump change.

If I am Jerry, I let Dak walk before he even gets a tenth of that. He isnt even in the same zip code as Pat.

Cheifs with that contract. Should have been 5 years
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(07-06-2020, 07:03 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If I am Jerry, I let Dak walk before he even gets a tenth of that. He isnt even in the same zip code as Pat.
Outside of Wilson, no one is.

Wilson is being held back by some horrendous lackluster coaching.

(07-06-2020, 07:45 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 07:03 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If I am Jerry, I let Dak walk before he even gets a tenth of that. He isnt even in the same zip code as Pat.
Outside of Wilson, no one is.

True, but THAT can't be the bar for all these other guys waiting to get paid.

(07-06-2020, 07:47 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 07:45 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Outside of Wilson, no one is.

True, but THAT can't be the bar for all these other guys waiting to get paid.
Listening to Dan Orlovsky, I don’t think that will be the bar but it will certainly help Dak get a little more.

10 years $500M.

Wait, did he sign with the chefs or the Royals?

In a few years it will look like a bargain

(07-06-2020, 04:50 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: This should help out Dak get an even bigger pay day.

NOPE. Not even close unless they win the Super Bowl to which Dallas isnt tooled for.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(07-07-2020, 09:20 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: 10 years $500M.

Wait, did he sign with the chefs or the Royals?

For that money I figured both.  On Sundays it's just a golf cart across the parking lot to complete the ''double header".
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(07-06-2020, 04:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Not enough lol

Mahomes is flat out incredible. He’s basically a robot QB created in a lab. Arm strength, improv, accuracy, touch, clutch and has a very high QB IQ.

I completely agree. Last year he made me a believer. This kid is the truth. The only flip side is that it can hurt kcs ability to pay other top talent. But with the way the cap grows, that may become a after thought in 5 years.

Honestly, last year seeing Andy and KC win it all was one of the few times I was genuinely happy for the team winning even though it wasn’t my team. 

Hats off to kc, the have a keeper and they locked him down for the next decade.

(07-07-2020, 07:19 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 04:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Not enough lol

I completely agree. Last year he made me a believer. This kid is the truth. The only flip side is that it can hurt kcs ability to pay other top talent. But with the way the cap grows, that may become a after thought in 5 years.

Honestly, last year seeing Andy and KC win it all was one of the few times I was genuinely happy for the team winning even though it wasn’t my team. 

Mahomes has Andy Reid, a great GM and a great franchise. Reid seems to be able to plug anyone in at WR and they do well. Kelce is irreplaceable but he’s not going anywhere.

KC might end up being a destination players go to in order to win but take less money.

(07-07-2020, 08:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 07:19 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: I completely agree. Last year he made me a believer. This kid is the truth. The only flip side is that it can hurt kcs ability to pay other top talent. But with the way the cap grows, that may become a after thought in 5 years.

Mahomes has Andy Reid, a great GM and a great franchise. Reid seems to be able to plug anyone in at WR and they do well. Kelce is irreplaceable but he’s not going anywhere.

KC might end up being a destination players go to in order to win but take less money

Pfft, doubtful with the mentality of today's. "Me" mindset.  Mahomes is way overpaid,  one sb u would think he walked on water.  My bet is kc regrets this deal in due time.

It's really a 5 year deal which is fine for a young great QB. He probably cost himself some money by signing now, but he does get the money before the salary cap goes down. Who knows what happens in the future. If the NFL doesn't play this year, people may find they enjoy other things. Economy could crash and lead to lesser TV deals also which would lower tha cap even more. Then fans may not want to buy tickets anymore which further lowers the cap.

I just don't see how any player is worth that kind of money.

Then again, if the owners are willing to pay it...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]