Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump Wants Bubba Wallace to Apologize

The President has called on Bubba Wallace to apologize.  

"Has @BubbaWallace apologized to all of those great NASCAR drivers & officials who came to his aid, stood by his side, & were willing to sacrifice everything for him, only to find out that the whole thing was just another HOAX? That & Flag decision has caused lowest ratings EVER!"

Truth is, Bubba Wallace was not the person who found the noose and he was not the person who reported it to NASCAR. Then, it was NASCAR that initiated the investigation.  So why would Bubba Wallace need to apologize?  

And is Trump supporting the confederate flag?  Not sure what to make of that flag comment.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He’s just doubling down on racist rhetoric to roil that segment of his base for the umpteenth time In the past month.

Word from inside the White House is that he’s fed up with Kushner’s “woke [BLEEP] “ and regrets his softer statements about police brutality from a few weeks ago.

New strategy is to go all in on “erasing history” triggers, and other such dog whistling  or blatant calls to the racists and “change-phobic”  amongst his base.

Seeing his poll numbers in FL and TX likely have something to do with it.

Well, that, and he’s a racist dirtbag.

Ugh, someone please take this dude's twitter away. The best thing that could have ever happened to Trump would have been if Jack Dorsey was allowed to ban him when he became President.

(07-06-2020, 04:42 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Ugh, someone please take this dude's twitter away. The best thing that could have ever happened to Trump would have been if Jack Dorsey was allowed to ban him when he became President.

Jack Dorsey is allowed to ban him.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

You are correct. I misremembered the ruling on that. Flipping to the dark side: CANCEL TRUMP'S TWEETS!

(07-06-2020, 04:42 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Ugh, someone please take this dude's twitter away. The best thing that could have ever happened to Trump would have been if Jack Dorsey was allowed to ban him when he became President.
If he’s elected for a 2nd term, he’s going to get even worse.

Maybe. I think he is what he is. He doesn't really seem like a dude that has been held in check.

(07-06-2020, 05:04 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Maybe. I think he is what he is. He doesn't really seem like a dude that has been held in check.

I think what we've seen since Trump was elected was him being held in check. Now that he's desperate, it's Katie Bar the Door! time.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2020, 07:59 PM by Lucky2Last.)

I think we might be seeing a more frustrated version of his typical self. The Coronavirus ordeal was the first time I've really seen Trump look tired. So, yeah, I agree that he's seemed more unhinged as of late, but I still think it's the same product. Just don't think he can be roped in by people.

To answer your question from the other thread. I don't think Trump is intentionally divisive. I think he has his opinion, and he doesn't feel like he needs to hold back. When you listen to his former friends talk (like Larry King), they will say stuff like Trump has always been the same guy: Narcissistic and brash. Those are two of his negative traits. So, I think it's fair to say, Trump highly values his own opinion, and because he lacks a filter (and doesn't think he's wrong) he doesn't hold back from stating it. In today's world of team politics, any disagreement over ideology is considered divisive (I personally believe this originated from the left, but is spreading to the right). So, to the degree he differs with leftist ideology is the degree to which he seems divisive.

This is not exclusive to the left. A good example of this happening in reverse is when Barrack Obama said Trayvon Martin could have been his son. A lot of people on the right thought he was being divisive, even though they could have understood what he was trying to say if they gave him the benefit of the doubt. I think this is true for a LOT of what Trump says and does. Not all. There are several things he says that I can't support. I try to imagine how people would react if he was a democrat, which isn't hard... we know how he was treated before he became a Republican. Furthermore, we see the way they treat democrats who wore blackface or say incredibly demeaning things about blacks (predators, you ain't black, etc).

What makes Trump worse is not only that he differs, but the way he differs. He is unapologetic in the way he disagrees. This is unlike the politicians we've grown accustomed towards. I think this adds a level of insult to the disagreement that has not come from the right before, which, btw, is what his supporters love.

So, yes, he is divisive, but it's not a one way street. A lot of these troubles are exacerbated by the MSM and establishment elites that hate him, and hydroxychloriquine and his recent Mount Rushmore speech are good examples of how these people take anything he says and does and make it divisive.

To put it in an analogy, some dude is running his mouth at a bar at a specific group of people. Some people at the bar even agree with him. Most people at the bar are either indifferent or too intimidated to speak up. In walks a guy that tells the dude to get bent. Now things get hostile. The first dude starts yelling at the second. And the second starts yelling back. People start taking sides, because there's no room for moderation. If someone walks in or wasn't paying attention until things got really heated, they would think they are both divisive. The group of people that agreed with the first man would see the second guy as hostile. If the group disagree with the first man, they would see the second as a leader, even if he wasn't the best example. At least he would fight.

This analogy, flawed as all analogies are, is a snapshot of what I think is happening in our country. Republicans are desperate for a person who will fight for their traditions, and Trump is the guy. I am afraid of what comes after Trump.

Although the president could be more eloquent with his words, the timing of this "discovery" was pretty convenient, and also enhanced a way below average career. Jussie came out on top in this one.

(07-06-2020, 08:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/...83584?s=20

That’s cuz people are desperate to watch anything right now. I almost watched a soccer match today until I realized I’d rather watch paint dry! Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(07-06-2020, 08:43 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 08:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/...83584?s=20

That’s cuz people are desperate to watch anything right now. I almost watched a soccer match today until I realized I’d rather watch paint dry! Laughing

LOL

I fall asleep on the couch every time I try to watch a NASCAR race.

(07-06-2020, 08:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 08:43 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: That’s cuz people are desperate to watch anything right now. I almost watched a soccer match today until I realized I’d rather watch paint dry! Laughing

LOL

I fall asleep on the couch every time I try to watch a NASCAR race.

NAPCAR
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Smollett lands deal with Dr. Dre.

Hoaxes pay!

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/bubba-walla...dre-report

Good for him. This is nothing like the Smollet case. I admit the dude is a bit too whiny for my liking, but I don't fault his crew for thinking that was a noose. I mistrust the media as much as anyone, but I think this was just overhyped. I wish Trump would drop it. Btw, has NASCAR changed ownership at all recently?

Bubba: “These are the best headphones ever. Well, not really.”

Well he got what he wanted, a sponsorship to keep him as the driver

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2020, 04:50 PM by jj82284.)

(07-06-2020, 04:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He’s just doubling down on racist rhetoric to roil that segment of his base for the umpteenth time In the past month.

Word from inside the White House is that he’s fed up with Kushner’s “woke [BLEEP] “ and regrets his softer statements about police brutality from a few weeks ago.

New strategy is to go all in on “erasing history” triggers, and other such dog whistling  or blatant calls to the racists and “change-phobic”  amongst his base.

Seeing his poll numbers in FL and TX likely have something to do with it.

Well, that, and he’s a racist dirtbag.

We must not tell lies Dolores