Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Limited Tickets or No Fans - Real Potential

As other teams announce they are limiting tickets to NFL games, what are your thoughts about attending Jags games this season.  Personally, after walking around Jax in the scorching heat with a facemask, I cannot fathom sitting in the sun at a Jags game in Sept & Oct with that thing on without having a heat stroke.  I'm now rooting for a season without fans and it may also serve to benefit the Jags since this is an extremely down season and will only get better with a high draft pick next season and a year experience with our extremely young team.

Ravens - limiting their seating capacity only to 14,000 tickets per game.  Imagine the demand for those seats 
49ers - offering full refunds to all season ticket holders due to high potential that NFL teams will not be playing in front of fans
Chiefs - currently working on ticket limitations.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If I'm in town in Nov. or Dec. I'd go to game if I found a reasonable ticket.

I'm still keeping a close eye on MLB and whatever NFL training camp happens this year.
I think it's still possible that infection among players and staff make it difficult to proceed at all.

At least no one will criticize Jacksonville for all the empty seats at the stadium.

(This post was last modified: 07-09-2020, 11:17 AM by mal234.)

I think that if there are fans, then there will be definitely be limited fans in the stands. Or maybe hardly any at all. I could see the NFL looking out what other leagues are doing and maybe modeling some of what they do after them. Especially if some of the other leagues are able to successfully complete their seasons/tournaments.

There are more sports starting to come back and some of them are coming out rolling. I had mentioned this in the pandemic thread but The Basketball Tournament is successfully going on right now and MLS came back yesterday. I've looking at some of these leagues/tournaments and while they are dealing with big changes, they still seem to be operating normally on the field/court etc....There is also some physical contact going on, and players that are participating seem comfortable with still playing

Maybe the NFL can learn from some from them in how they continue to go about planning their upcoming season. I do think that it's good that people in some of these leagues aren't allowing themselves to be paralyzed by this virus. (They acknowledge some people will test positive for this virus, but they are still trying to adjust to things as best as they can.) People are better off if they learn to make adjustments to what's going on, instead of just opting to completely cancel/shut stuff down. Especially if they don't necessarily have to. Things can't be 100% perfect, but sports can still function at least to some degree.

Football won't happen this year fellas.

We'll be in the middle of the 2nd Civil war anyway.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(07-09-2020, 10:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: At least no one will criticize Jacksonville for all the empty seats at the stadium.

HA !!!  We should add those Gator Bowl temp seats to get our capacity to over 80,000 then social distance everyone to get to a total capacity of 18,000 and blow all the other teams away with total attendance --- as you can see, Baltimore is capping their capacity at 14,000 fans per game and others may go with no fans.  We'd be like The Big House in Ann Arbor  ....

(This post was last modified: 07-09-2020, 03:16 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

THIS IS GOING TO BE A BLOW TO TAMPA BAY AS THEY WERE COUNTING ON SELL OUTS FOR THE NEXT 2 YEARS AND FULL CAPACITY IN THEIR CLUBS AND CORPORATE BOXES.

(07-09-2020, 11:42 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Football won't happen this year fellas.

We'll be in the middle of the 2nd Civil war anyway.

I'm not entirely convinced that there will be football either.  I would do just about anything and not give it a second thought.  I take reasonable action to "protect" myself but honestly the local grocery store is and will always be a petri dish of disease and yet we all still go.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

TIAA limited capacity announcement
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Right now it sounds that there is planned to be football, with a stadium at around 25% capacity.

Correct. It's official. ALL Season Ticket payments will be refunded or credited to to next year. My mobile tickets are no longer showing and my payment plan has been taken down as well. This is the right decision. I'll sit this season out.

It appears they will offer a very limited allotment of tickets to existing season ticket holders (seats TBD) and a very limited allotment to the general public. Of course, this could still change if we go to NO fans.

Facemasks will be required for those in attendance.

25% capacity each game. It's been like that for sometime except the 2017-2018 season.

(07-09-2020, 10:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: At least no one will criticize Jacksonville for all the empty seats at the stadium.

Ohhh Boy, I think it'll be the opposite, the casters are going to take the low hanging fruit and say "Well the Covid restrictions haven't changed much in jacksonville there's still a mostly empty stadium haha" they don't actually care about the Jacksonville market, they'll just make jokes and use the franchise as a punching bag until the team is good for at least back to back years to shatter their paradigm & narrative of us.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Gotta wear a stupid mask during the game so count me out as they don't work.

(07-11-2020, 09:57 PM)uthill Wrote: Gotta wear a stupid mask during the game so count me out as they don't work.

yeah its super weird, they worked in every country except ours, I wonder why? Maybe our mask technology is bad? ...

Its too much trouble to wear a mask. Get out of here smh.

These "masks" that everyone are wearing are ineffective with particles the size of a virus. You keep being a sheep though.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(07-12-2020, 09:41 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: These "masks" that everyone are wearing are ineffective with particles the size of a virus. You keep being a sheep though.

Viruses can travel in droplets as a vector... sheep
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2020, 11:46 PM by TearExtractor.)

(07-12-2020, 09:57 PM)SuperJville Wrote:
(07-12-2020, 09:41 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: These "masks" that everyone are wearing are ineffective with particles the size of a virus. You keep being a sheep though.

Viruses can travel in droplets as a vector... sheep

You and the other thousands of scientist and doctors have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. Mask are for bank robbers and sheep.

Im a random guy on the internet, so you know what I say is fact.

(07-12-2020, 11:45 PM)TearExtractor Wrote:
(07-12-2020, 09:57 PM)SuperJville Wrote: Viruses can travel in droplets as a vector... sheep

You and the other thousands of scientist and doctors have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. Mask are for bank robbers and sheep.

Im a random guy on the internet, so you know what I say is fact.

Let's go to the scorecards and see what the experts at The Mayo Clinic say!

Key points:

Masking will help if worn correctly and used in conjunction with other infection control practices.

The FDA will not approve medical masks to prevent the spread of Covid because they are designed for disposal after short term usage.

N95 masks must be fit tested for shaping and even so do not filter exhales therefore they do not prevent the spread of Covid.

Cloth masks might be helpful is used correctly. Here is what the Mayo Clinic advises about cloth masks:

"Cloth face masks should be worn in public settings where social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, such as in grocery stores, especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.
Here are a few pointers for putting on and taking off a cloth mask:
  • Place your mask over your mouth and nose.

• Tie it behind your head or use ear loops and make sure it's snug.

• Don't touch your mask while wearing it.

• If you accidentally touch your mask, wash or sanitize your hands.

• Remove the mask by untying it or lifting off the ear loops without touching the front of the mask or your face.

• Wash your hands immediately after removing your mask.

• Regularly wash your mask with soap and water in the washing machine. It's fine to launder it with other clothes."
Here are their advisories about the potential dangers of cloth masks:

"Finally, here are a few face mask precautions:
  • Don't put masks on anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious or otherwise unable to remove the mask without help.

• Don't put masks on children under 2 years of age.

• Don't use face masks as a substitute for social distancing."
So, considering the advice and guidance of the Mayo Clinic, bona fide health care experts, do you really think that people are using cloth masks in any way that actually makes them effective? Because they aren't. Mostly because hand washing, not masking, is the actual best practice for infection control. But hey, keep on keeping on!

td;dr: Masks don't work if they aren't used correctly, and if you look around you'll see that pretty much no one is doing it correctly. So go wash your damn hands again.