Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Goya CEO refuses to back down to cancel culture

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Buy that man's whatever he's selling!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-10-2020, 12:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Buy that man's whatever he's selling!

Quote:“We were part of a commission called the White House Hispanic Prosperity Initiative and they called on us to be there to see how we could help opportunities within the economic and educational realm for prosperity among Hispanics and among the United States,”

"We're all truly blessed at the same time to have a leader like President Trump, who is a builder," said Unanue, who is of Spanish descent, at the event.

“So, you’re allowed to talk good or to praise one president, but you’re not allowed to aid in economic and educational prosperity? And you make a positive comment and all of a sudden, it is not acceptable,”

The white liberal oppressors get pissed off if a POC (just using their own words against them) tries to leave the plantation they setup for them.

They make Hispanic food.

(07-10-2020, 02:02 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 12:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Buy that man's whatever he's selling!

Quote:“We were part of a commission called the White House Hispanic Prosperity Initiative and they called on us to be there to see how we could help opportunities within the economic and educational realm for prosperity among Hispanics and among the United States,”

"We're all truly blessed at the same time to have a leader like President Trump, who is a builder," said Unanue, who is of Spanish descent, at the event.

“So, you’re allowed to talk good or to praise one president, but you’re not allowed to aid in economic and educational prosperity? And you make a positive comment and all of a sudden, it is not acceptable,”

The white liberal oppressors get pissed off if a POC (just using their own words against them) tries to leave the plantation they setup for them.

They make Hispanic food.

He's exposing the divide in the Hispanic community in this country.
You have the Cuban and Venezuelan immigrants that were fleeing communist economics.  They typically become loyal Republicans here.
Then you have the central American immigrants who are fleeing the consequences of mercantilism.  They end up identifying as Democrats, broadly speaking.
Then our media likes to tell all non-hispanics "all Hispanics are the same!" They're not at all.  See also Asian-americans.  Lots of unique stories there as well.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(07-10-2020, 02:46 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 02:02 PM)p_rushing Wrote: The white liberal oppressors get pissed off if a POC (just using their own words against them) tries to leave the plantation they setup for them.

They make Hispanic food.

He's exposing the divide in the Hispanic community in this country.
You have the Cuban and Venezuelan immigrants that were fleeing communist economics.  They typically become loyal Republicans here.
Then you have the central American immigrants who are fleeing the consequences of mercantilism.  They end up identifying as Democrats, broadly speaking.
Then our media likes to tell all non-hispanics "all Hispanics are the same!" They're not at all.  See also Asian-americans.  Lots of unique stories there as well.

You really have no clue.

Like the leftist that you are you put people in their "racist boxes" and categorize (stereotype) them.  Your racist labeling left out those that immigrated from Spain or other European countries.  Are they "typically" conservative or liberal?  Are they Hispanic or not?

Your hero (AOC) among the other leftists that share your view is attacking the CEO of Goya Foods simply because he had words of praise for our President after meeting with him.

I would argue that the story of Goya Foods is the perfect example of the American Dream.  A Hispanic that immigrated LEGALLY to the U.S. worked hard and created the largest Hispanic-owned food company in the United States.  Nothing was given to them, they worked for it and earned it.

Unlike you I find it highly disturbing that a member of Congress would join a boycott just because he showed a bit of respect and dignity for The President of The United States.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Never really bought that brand before, but I guess I will start now.

Cancel culture doesn't really work in real life. Twitter is not real life.

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2020, 05:27 PM by mikesez.)

(07-10-2020, 04:58 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 02:46 PM)mikesez Wrote: He's exposing the divide in the Hispanic community in this country.

You really have no clue.

Like the leftist that you are you put people in their "racist boxes" and categorize (stereotype) them.  Your racist labeling left out those that immigrated from Spain or other European countries.  Are they "typically" conservative or liberal?  Are they Hispanic or not?

Your hero (AOC) among the other leftists that share your view is attacking the CEO of Goya Foods simply because he had words of praise for our President after meeting with him.

I would argue that the story of Goya Foods is the perfect example of the American Dream.  A Hispanic that immigrated LEGALLY to the U.S. worked hard and created the largest Hispanic-owned food company in the United States.  Nothing was given to them, they worked for it and earned it.

Unlike you I find it highly disturbing that a member of Congress would join a boycott just because he showed a bit of respect and dignity for The President of The United States.

It's weird how you think you're the informed one here... Dunning Kruger is real..

AOC is definitely not my hero... But if she wants to switch to Badia, who cares?

I think you're using dunning kruger wrong.

(07-10-2020, 05:31 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I think you're using dunning kruger wrong.

If I'm really underestimating my expertise on the ethnicity that i've married into, let me know what facts I got wrong?

Well, probably by using your life experience with one person to call yourself an expert. Let's start there.

(07-10-2020, 06:11 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Well, probably by using your life experience with one person to call yourself an expert. Let's start there.

My wife's not an orphan.  Besides, I was asking about my comments from 3 hours ago.

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2020, 07:38 PM by Lucky2Last.)

Hey stupid, you can expand that circle as much as you want... you're not an expert on Hispanics. I don't need to address anything you said 3 hours early, because I am specifically objecting to your use of dunning kruger to denounce JIB. Just admit you're using the term incorrectly.

Btw, I didn't really agree with what JIB said to you. I just don't like you, so I enjoy pointing out your basic misunderstanding of concepts.

(07-10-2020, 02:46 PM)mikesez Wrote: He's exposing the divide in the Hispanic community in this country.

You really have no clue.

Free speech!!!! 

But also " I find it highly disturbing a member of congress would use her free speech towards something I don't like"

I think we have examples of Trump using his position to bend people to his will. I think most of us don't like that. I don't why AOC should be given a free pass here. Generally speaking, I think politicians should be careful how they use their pulpits to impact citizens.

(07-10-2020, 07:04 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Hey stupid, you can expand that circle as much as you want...  you're not an expert on Hispanics. I don't need to address anything you said 3 hours early, because I am specifically objecting to your use of dunning kruger to denounce JIB. Just admit you're using the term incorrectly.

Btw, I didn't really agree with what JIB said to you. I just don't like you, so I enjoy pointing out your basic misunderstanding of concepts.

You admit that JIB is wrong.  
But he was so confident that he was right! 
His whole post was correcting me!
So, when someone is sure they're right, that they know more than another person, but that other person actually knows more than them... I mean maybe Dunning Kruger is more specific than that, but we're in the right genre...

As for you not liking me, it probably bothers you more than it bothers me.  Learn to like me.  You'll feel better.

I am 100% certain your posts bother me more than they bother you.

You are not an expert because you "married into an ethnicity." That's ridiculous. That doesn't give you a right to dismiss someone's claims, especially not while misusing a psych term in the most ironic fashion. Why don't you put your big boy pants, do the work, and challenge his points?

(07-10-2020, 07:55 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I am 100% certain your posts bother me more than they bother you.

You are not an expert because you "married into an ethnicity." That's ridiculous. That doesn't give you a right to dismiss someone's claims, especially not while misusing a psych term in the most ironic fashion. Why don't you put your big boy pants, do the work, and challenge his points?

My posts don't bother me at all. I like them very much.  That's why I make them.

You really have no clue. No you!

Like the leftist that you are (am not!) you put people in their "racist boxes" and categorize (stereotype) them. (Did not! I said 'typically', meaning, there are exceptions)  Your racist labeling left out those that immigrated from Spain or other European countries. (Would it have been less racist to include them in the classification? Do we have large significant voting populations of people from Spain and Portugal?)  Are they "typically" conservative or liberal?  Are they Hispanic or not?

Your hero (as I said above, not my hero) (AOC) among the other leftists that share your view (I did not share my own view. I explained the views that are most common among different immigrant nationalities) is attacking the CEO of Goya Foods simply because he had words of praise for our President after meeting with him.

I would argue that the story of Goya Foods is the perfect example of the American Dream. (I don't disagree with that)  A Hispanic that immigrated LEGALLY to the U.S. worked hard and created the largest Hispanic-owned food company in the United States.  Nothing was given to them, they worked for it and earned it. (Not sure if that's factual, but I have no reason to doubt he's an honorable guy regardless)

Unlike you I find it highly disturbing that a member of Congress would join a boycott just because he showed a bit of respect and dignity for The President of The United States. (I agree, but I find it a lot less disturbing than the way the man himself has undermined the dignity of the office. Attitude reflects leadership.)

The above is just for Last42BrainCells. Says I should have refuted it point for point.
If my reply sounded vacuous, that's only because the points I am replying to are vacuous in the first place.
Of course this will not satisfy last 42, because he is intellectually dishonest. an intellectually honest person will ask you to show something in a debate, and then agree with you after you've shown it. An intellectually dishonest person is just there to frustrate you.

Shut up y'all. Or get a room and take your [BLEEP] and moaning with you.

I wasn’t sure that white people even bought that stuff. But at least I have a brand I can now buy after boycotting the other brands that are catering to this overblown [BLEEP]. I guess I’m having a Latino meal tomorrow. Looking forward to it!!!