Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Goya CEO refuses to back down to cancel culture

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2020, 08:22 PM by mikesez.)

(07-13-2020, 05:26 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 04:43 PM)mikesez Wrote: If it's not about ways to move more Goya product, grow market share, create new Goya products, reduce costs, etc... In other words, if it's not about his business, it's off topic.
And if your reply is, "him supporting Trump seems to have grown his business," well, that's exactly my point.  Why can't we just buy the can of beans that tastes best? That's my plan.  I like Goya's seasoned beans and their cooking wine.  I could do without most of their other stuff.  That was my opinion before and after.

It's pretty apparent that you not only don't know why he was at The White House, but also what he said in his press conference (a small part of the entire press conference).  He not only praised The President of our country, but also the fact that his grandfather was able immigrate LEGALLY to the United States in search of prosperity and opportunity and how they were able to build and prosper here.  He also talked about giving back to the community and the fact that his company was donating lots of food to food banks (something that they normally do anyway).

The few sentences that have you and your fellow democrat leftists so lathered up are during his remarks and had little to do with his message or the overall reason for the press conference, and was far from "off topic".  He was telling his story and the story of the company that he runs.

By the way... the whole reason for the press conference is because our so-called "racist" President signed an executive order on the White House Hispanic Prosperity Initiative.

I actually have no idea what he said or why he was there.  I'm only reacting to other people's reactions.  Business leaders make appearances with Trump almost weekly. He's organized various advisory boards with CEOs and such on them. It never makes the news. The Goya guy obviously crossed a line.
So okay, I will go ahead and look it up.
So there he is, speaking as a person of Hispanic descent, whose family has had a lot of success in this country, saying that we are lucky to have Trump.  In a Latin American context, yes, we are lucky, but we were lucky before Trump got here. The thing that makes us lucky is that we have multi-party, free and fair elections, we have independent judges, and we have had these things longer than everywhere else. Everywhere else in the Spanish and Portuguese speaking Western hemisphere has had to suffer more revolutionary violence and corruption than us, for precisely this reason.  For him to say that in an election year implies that we will be unlucky to have Biden. And this is inaccurate, in the context he's speaking from. It's the very fact that this country can freely choose Biden that makes us lucky, whether we choose him or not. He meant to imply this, and he knows this is why people are mad at him. If he had not meant to imply this, he would have responded to the criticism, saying "oh I didn't mean it like that." Instead his response has been, "what about free speech?" He meant it, and the thing he meant is not wrong as a matter of taste or opinion, but rather historical fact.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 07-13-2020, 03:38 PM
RE: Goya CEO refuses to back down to cancel culture - by mikesez - 07-13-2020, 08:12 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 07-14-2020, 10:09 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by americus 2.0 - 07-14-2020, 10:17 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by flsprtsgod - 07-14-2020, 10:26 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by mikesez - 07-14-2020, 10:39 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by flsprtsgod - 07-14-2020, 01:11 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 07-14-2020, 02:51 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by Jagwired - 07-14-2020, 03:02 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by mikesez - 07-14-2020, 03:20 PM
Copycat - by copycat - 07-14-2020, 04:03 PM