Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Goya CEO refuses to back down to cancel culture

(07-14-2020, 07:38 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 07:00 PM)Jags Wrote: Y’all wanna talk triggered? Here’s one for ya.  My neighbor is a self proclaimed hippie and liberal. She texts me last night asking me if the HOA had a thing against flying political flags.  Because there was a Trump flag flying at the beginning of the neighborhood.  I say “ eh, idk.  If its on common grounds there should be no reason. At someone’s house, it’s their freedom speech.  She tells me she wanted to put a BLM flag up but was “scared” something would happen to her house.  I said, we’re free to do whatever.  Fly whatever flag you want.  And also added in “wait...you work for a lawyer, why you asking a lawn guy, lol.  

First of all, every election year many peopl put political signs and flags In their yard, are you seriously triggered that much but a Puerto Rican  woman Is flying a trump flag?  If I say a Biden flag, I’d just assume you’re letting everyone else know you concede in being an idiot. Aside from that, I wouldn’t give two [BLEEP] or two thoughts about it.  Never EVEr have I even entertained the idea that it could be a violation of the boards rules to have it taken town.  I don’t even care which party you’re supporting.  Come on, get a grip and grow up.  Don’t act like you’re 5 and someone called you a butthead and then cry about it.

Most HOA's don't care about flags on your own property, and most don't care about yard signs.  
State law in FL is, if an HOA wants to ban some flags, they have to ban all.  The only exceptions are US flag, FL flag, or a flag of a branch of the military, or POW/MIA.

I’m sure that’s pretty accurate.  But let’s face it, would I have gotten that text if it was a Biden flag? My guess is not.  Every election year you’ll see many flags and signs even for the local stuff. But yet we’re gonna get all butthurt because it’s a trump flag?  Year after year those flags and sign are in properties across the nation.  Especially during an election year.  My point is don’t act all high and mighty/ offended because it’s one you don’t personally agree with.

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 07-13-2020, 03:38 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 07-14-2020, 10:09 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by americus 2.0 - 07-14-2020, 10:17 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by flsprtsgod - 07-14-2020, 10:26 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by mikesez - 07-14-2020, 10:39 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by flsprtsgod - 07-14-2020, 01:11 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 07-14-2020, 02:51 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by Jagwired - 07-14-2020, 03:02 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by mikesez - 07-14-2020, 03:20 PM
Copycat - by copycat - 07-14-2020, 04:03 PM
RE: Goya CEO refuses to back down to cancel culture - by Jags - 07-14-2020, 07:42 PM