Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Roger Stone gets sentence commuted

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This is what I don't get.
It's perfectly constitutional for the president to reduce a sentence.
Why doesn't he just wait for Michael Flynn's sentencing hearings to be completed and then commute the sentence?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Good.

Trump probably would've commuted Jeffrey Epstein's sentence as well, had he not been murdered.

Ah, the law and order president. Makes perfect sense.

Apparently witness tampering and lying to Congress is a crime unless you work for the President, in which case it's okay.

(07-11-2020, 06:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Apparently witness tampering and lying to Congress is a crime unless you work for the President, in which case it's okay.

So what about Clapper, Strozck, Page, and Brennan?

Corruption.

Plain and simple.

(07-11-2020, 08:44 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 06:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Apparently witness tampering and lying to Congress is a crime unless you work for the President, in which case it's okay.

So what about Clapper, Strozck, Page, and Brennan?
Stay on topic.

(07-11-2020, 09:02 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 08:44 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So what about Clapper, Strozck, Page, and Brennan?
Stay on topic.

They lied to Congress soccer dad. Totally on topic.

Mitt Romney???? Jesus.

(07-11-2020, 09:18 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/MittRomney/status/12...67586?s=20

Holy crap!  Mitt Romney declaring total war!

(07-11-2020, 09:03 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 09:02 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Stay on topic.

They lied to Congress soccer dad. Totally on topic.
It’s basketball dad to you boy.

(07-11-2020, 09:18 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Mitt Romney???? Jesus.

It's so on-brand for you to focus on the messenger and not the 100% factual message. 
About the hundredth time I've seen you do this. 

Jesus won't help your derangement.

(07-11-2020, 10:19 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 09:18 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Mitt Romney???? Jesus.

It's so on-brand for you to focus on the messenger and not the 100% factual message. 
About the hundredth time I've seen you do this. 

Jesus won't help your derangement.

Again, what about Clapper, Strozck, Page, and Brennan?

Is it only a punishable crime when Republicans lie to Congress? I look forward to your answer without your assistant telling me to stay on topic.

(07-11-2020, 09:18 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/MittRomney/status/12...67586?s=20

This is what I was getting at back during the Impeachment threads.
The President has the power to commute any sentence for any reason.
But if he *abuses* that power, if he uses it in corrupt ways, that is a High Crime and he should be impeached for it.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

This sums up Trump's motivation:

https://twitter.com/howardfineman/status...7351626752

Trump commuted Stone's sentence last Friday, 3 days before Stone was to go to prison. It's obvious what Stone was saying - he could dime out the POTUS, because he knew Trump lied under oath in his answers to Mueller, but he didn't.

But he could have, and he still can. 

This also tells us something else. Trump knows he's going to lose in November, he had nothing to lose politically.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(07-11-2020, 01:42 PM)rollerjag Wrote: This sums up Trump's motivation:

Trump commuted Stone's sentence last Friday, 3 days before Stone was to go to prison. It's obvious what Stone was saying - he could dime out the POTUS, because he knew Trump lied under oath in his answers to Mueller, but he didn't.

This also tells us something else. Trump knows he's going to lose in November, he had nothing to lose politically.

Yeah, if you just lie for the FBI to take down the real target then they don't railroad you.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-11-2020, 02:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 01:42 PM)rollerjag Wrote: This sums up Trump's motivation:

Yeah, if you just lie for the FBI to take down the real target then they don't railroad you.

Save your nonsense for those nincompoops that believe Trump is a victim. You've hitched your wagon to a con man, ride it out brother.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]