Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags place 4 rookies on Covid list...

The Jaguars announce they've placed four rookies on the reserve/COVID-19 list, including two draft picks: DT DaVon Hamilton (third round), CB Josiah Scott (fourth round), CB Luq Barcoo (UDFA), and OL Tre'Vour Wallace (UDFA). In addition, the team placed FB Connor Slomka on the active/non-football injury list.

[font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Roboto, Arial,][Image: i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fdirocco...scale=crop]
Michael DiRocco, ESPN Staff Writer1h ago[/font]

Signature goes here.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2020, 07:07 PM by mal234.)

Here is some good news for rookie CB Josiah Scott about his test results:

https://twitter.com/JosiahScott7/status/...8627147776

Great new for Scott. Let’s hope the others follow suit.

I don’t see this season happening. MLB is already having issues.

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2020, 08:24 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

In the meantime, thousands of Americans have to wait over 7 days just to get 1 single test result back from the lab.

(07-28-2020, 07:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I don’t see this season happening. MLB is already having issues.

Can't wait to see what the NFL does if players like Brady and Brees test positive prior to their Week 1 matchup.

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2020, 08:45 AM by mal234.)

(07-28-2020, 07:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I don’t see this season happening. MLB is already having issues.

I think that the NFL could still have a season. We already have sports leagues/tournaments that are going on and some which have even been completed. (In addition to some sports that never stopped like wrestling.) Right now sports Nascar/Wrestling, the NBA, WNBA, and MLS are all going on relatively successfully. And IMO, so is the MLB in spite of what recently happened with the Marlins team. There have been a few problems here and there, a couple of teams in the MLS had to pull out, and the NBA had a few players leave the bubble/one break the rules. But overall it's been fine. And the Basketball Tournament and Women's soccer team Championship cup tournaments completed their contests successfully. I could see the NFL looking at the different leagues and getting ideas about what further adjustments they may make for their season. 

Positive tests are to be expected and I think it's better if players who will test positive test that way before the season begins. It gives them enough time to recover. I'm not overly concerned about these early positive test results, and in the case of Josiah Scott, false positive results. Though things could definitely become a problem if a lot of players test positive during the season. But things could still work itself out, and maybe some of the rules that the NFL have/will have can help.

Also, people are starting to opt out of the season. There are several Patriots players that are now opting out, including Donta Hightower. I wonder how things may shake out if/when other players opt out.

(07-28-2020, 08:21 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: In the meantime, thousands of Americans have to wait over 7 days just to get 1 single test result back from the lab.

My boss recently had a test done, his results came back in 2 days. He paid for his test though.
My gf works in a hospital, in the ICU, they get test results back within 24 hours.

If you're just lining up to get a free Covid test without being in dire need of medical care you're gonna wait longer.

(07-28-2020, 11:08 AM)Kane Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 08:21 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: In the meantime, thousands of Americans have to wait over 7 days just to get 1 single test result back from the lab.

My boss recently had a test done, his results came back in 2 days. He paid for his test though.
My gf works in a hospital, in the ICU, they get test results back within 24 hours.

If you're just lining up to get a free Covid test without being in dire need of medical care you're gonna wait longer.

I was asymptomatic and possibly exposed but my test only took 3 days to come back (negative). It’s all over the map

(07-28-2020, 08:41 AM)mal234 Wrote:

I think that the NFL could still have a season. We already have sports leagues/tournaments that are going on and some which have even been completed. (In addition to some sports that never stopped like wrestling.) Right now sports Nascar/Wrestling, the NBA, WNBA, and MLS are all going on relatively successfully. And IMO, so is the MLB in spite of what recently happened with the Marlins team. There have been a few problems here and there, a couple of teams in the MLS had to pull out, and the NBA had a few players leave the bubble/one break the rules. But overall it's been fine. And the Basketball Tournament and Women's soccer team Championship cup tournaments completed their contests successfully. I could see the NFL looking at the different leagues and getting ideas about what further adjustments they may make for their season. 

Positive tests are to be expected and I think it's better if players who will test positive test that way before the season begins. It gives them enough time to recover. I'm not overly concerned about these early positive test results, and in the case of Josiah Scott, false positive results. Though things could definitely become a problem if a lot of players test positive during the season. But things could still work itself out, and maybe some of the rules that the NFL have/will have can help.

Also, people are starting to opt out of the season. There are several Patriots players that are now opting out, including Donta Hightower. I wonder how things may shake out if/when other players opt out.

I hope you’re right.

1010 XL reported during the Frangie show that RT Juwan Taylor was put on the Covid-19 list.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

https://www.jaguars.com/news/transaction...id-19-list

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

There will be no NFL this year.

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2020, 03:53 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

That's called 

MONEY

I would freaking love for them to cancel this upcoming season...

Hopefully we realize we're wasting money on morons when we could be spending money on geniuses to further mankind.