Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
PGA Championship

I just wanted to say Collin Morikawa has the cutest girlfriend of any PGA golfer.  

https://golf.com/lifestyle/collin-morika...erine-zhu/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Attended high school in China. She’s a commie!

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2020, 08:55 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(08-10-2020, 07:50 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I just wanted to say Collin Morikawa has the cutest girlfriend of any PGA golfer.  

https://golf.com/lifestyle/collin-morika...erine-zhu/

Katherine Zhu - golfed at Pepperdine.   Collin actually golfed at Cal Berkley.

[Image: katherine-zhu.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2020, 09:54 AM by The Real Marty.)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12358536/...erine-zhu/

I rest my case.

The man is playing at a very high level.

(08-10-2020, 09:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12358536/...erine-zhu/

I rest my case.

And doing well on the golf course, too. 

Amiright??

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2020, 10:25 AM by The Real Marty.)

(08-10-2020, 10:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-10-2020, 09:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12358536/...erine-zhu/

I rest my case.

Amiright??

Exactly.  I wasn't talking about his golf, although he's doing well at that, too.

Dang, he's doing better off the course than he's doing on the course. Looks like he won his Major long ago.

Anyway, hope he doesn't screw it up like Tiger and get ~ 19 different prostitutes to indiscreetly accompany him to various events

Crowds would have changed the outcome of that tournament. Crowdless tournaments, especially majors just don't feel right.

(08-10-2020, 10:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

I rest my case.

Amiright??

Tiger sighting. She's about to get a trip to Perkins.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-11-2020, 09:11 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Crowds would have changed the outcome of that tournament. Crowdless tournaments, especially majors just don't feel right.

I liked it a lot better without the stupid screaming and yelling fans.   You could see the course better, too, without the crowds and viewing stands covering everything up.

(08-11-2020, 10:23 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 09:11 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Crowds would have changed the outcome of that tournament. Crowdless tournaments, especially majors just don't feel right.

I liked it a lot better without the stupid screaming and yelling fans.   You could see the course better, too, without the crowds and viewing stands covering everything up.

Without the fans it seems more like European golf, which I'm sure the European golfers don't mind. A lot of them don't like American golf, and play little here, because of the fan base. Nick Faldo commented on that once while calling a tournament. He didn't disparage it but stated that it's a different kind of fan base and that if the Europeans wanted to succeed here they would simply have to embrace it. Rory McIlroy does and it has paid huge dividends for him.

There's no place like the 16th at Phoenix. But even by American standards it's getting a little out of control.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Masters without fans. It'll be the best view of that golf course we've ever had.

(08-13-2020, 05:27 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm looking forward to seeing the Masters without fans.  It'll be the best view of that golf course we've ever had.

The view may not be as nice since it is being held in November. Still, the lay of the land will be much more visible.

I prefer the British Open (Open Championship) given the unique backdrop and various challenges with regard to the course landscape and weather conditions.

(08-13-2020, 11:57 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I prefer the British Open (Open Championship) given the unique backdrop and various challenges with regard to the course landscape and weather conditions.

Augusta might look like that in November.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2020, 08:23 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(08-13-2020, 05:27 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm looking forward to seeing the Masters without fans.  It'll be the best view of that golf course we've ever had.

Again, absolutely awful. There is nothing like Sunday roars at Augusta National. They have taken that away from us as well as destroyed the economy in Augusta that depends on the tournament. 

Every major winner this year will come with a * in the history books.

BTW, TV will never do the course the justice it deserves. That can only be experienced in person.

(08-13-2020, 11:57 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I prefer the British Open (Open Championship) given the unique backdrop and various challenges with regard to the course landscape and weather conditions.

2nd best major IMO with the PGA being the worst by a landslide. It had no identity.