Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Default Training Camp Thread 2020

(08-21-2020, 05:03 PM)Upper Wrote: The Johnson highlights were up and down to me. They were great catches, but I don't like that he was unable to create separation against meh corners in a drill that is very heavily slanted toward the offensive players.

Johnson is a big bodied receiver with height and soft hands, but when I watched him at Texas, he looked like he was running with cement shoes. He is a decent route runner and does well catching the ball in traffic, but he gets very little yards after the catch, because he lacks a 2nd gear. I always thought he should be moved to TE, because of his size.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-21-2020, 06:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-21-2020, 05:03 PM)Upper Wrote: The Johnson highlights were up and down to me. They were great catches, but I don't like that he was unable to create separation against meh corners in a drill that is very heavily slanted toward the offensive players.

Johnson is a big bodied receiver with height and soft hands, but when I watched him at Texas, he looked like he was running with cement shoes. He is a decent route runner and does well catching the ball in traffic, but he gets very little yards after the catch, because he lacks a 2nd gear. I always thought he should be moved to TE, because of his size.

From what I understand Gruden likes to move TEs around the formation. With Oliver out, I wonder if they can find a way for Johnson to pick up some extra snaps playing a big slot role.

At this point, one thing looks clear. Play your fantasy WRs when they play the Jags.

(08-21-2020, 08:13 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(08-21-2020, 06:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Johnson is a big bodied receiver with height and soft hands, but when I watched him at Texas, he looked like he was running with cement shoes. He is a decent route runner and does well catching the ball in traffic, but he gets very little yards after the catch, because he lacks a 2nd gear. I always thought he should be moved to TE, because of his size.

From what I understand Gruden likes to move TEs around the formation. With Oliver out, I wonder if they can find a way for Johnson to pick up some extra snaps playing a big slot role.

Yes, just give him Oliver's role. It's not like Oliver had much to offer as a blocker. We know Johnson can catch at least as well.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

I would like to see Johnson moved to TE also.

I think He can fulfill that role either way whether or not he is formally designated as a tight end.

If he doesn't have the option of lining up next to the tackle and blocking like an extra lineman, he's not a TE. The value of a TE is that the defense doesn't know if he's going to block or go out for a pass. You can call a guy a TE all you want, but if he doesn't carry the threat of blocking like an extra lineman, he's just a WR.

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2020, 03:16 PM by mal234.)

Here is a short clip of the defense from today's scrimmage posted by the Jags Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1297247919209291777
According to at least one of the local reporters it sounds like the defense had a better showing in today's scrimmage than they did in practice the other day.

One little clip when they could just broadcast it since we can't go to it.

(08-22-2020, 03:12 PM)mal234 Wrote: Here is a short clip of the defense from today's scrimmage posted by the Jags Twitter account.

According to at least one of the local reporters it sounds like the defense had a better showing in today's scrimmage than they did in practice the other day.

[Image: you-sound-like-a-choo-choo-train.jpg]

(08-22-2020, 03:12 PM)mal234 Wrote: Here is a short clip of the defense from today's scrimmage posted by the Jags Twitter account.

That's going to be par for the course.  2nd and long
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Our secondary is going to be so bad...

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2020, 11:42 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

If we only win a few games then I kind of hope to see high scoring games.  Watching our offense struggle mightily in the 4 game stretch from December 1 to December 22 when we scored a total of 9 points in the 1st half (averaging 2.25 points per game in the 1st half) was extremely depressing.

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2020, 11:48 AM by Cleatwood.)

(08-24-2020, 11:34 AM)Upper Wrote: Our secondary is going to be so bad...
When you’re relying on an UDFA and a rookie corner who’s had no off season and was a reach at pick 9..... you’re going to get burned.

Not to mention the safeties are average to below average.

Just means Minshew will throw more!

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2020, 02:03 PM by mal234.)

Here is a video of Laviska Shenault in today's practice:

https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...3583448064

Here is also a video of rookie RB James Robinson from practice today:

https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...1246535681

(08-24-2020, 11:47 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-24-2020, 11:34 AM)Upper Wrote: Our secondary is going to be so bad...
When you’re relying on an UDFA and a rookie corner who’s had no off season and was a reach at pick 9..... you’re going to get burned.

I can't wait for Henderson to silence the blatant disrespect he gets from some posters.
A "reach at 9" is laughable. Considering he was considered the 2nd best CB by most draftniks and talking heads and even rumored to be the best CB by some scouts and draft rooms.

How 9 is a reach for a stud CB that will develop into a shutdown corner is beyond me.
But you and OLine keep banging that drum lol

(08-24-2020, 03:40 PM)Kane Wrote:
(08-24-2020, 11:47 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: When you’re relying on an UDFA and a rookie corner who’s had no off season and was a reach at pick 9..... you’re going to get burned.

I can't wait for Henderson to silence the blatant disrespect he gets from some posters.
A "reach at 9" is laughable. Considering he was considered the 2nd best CB by most draftniks and talking heads and even rumored to be the best CB by some scouts and draft rooms.

How 9 is a reach for a stud CB that will develop into a shutdown corner is beyond me.

I didn't care for the pick. I understand it, but Henderson is too slight of frame for my tastes (plus he's a gata which automatically drops him a round in my book). I would've taken an offensive player.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2020, 04:12 PM by Cleatwood.)

(08-24-2020, 11:47 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: When you’re relying on an UDFA and a rookie corner who’s had no off season and was a reach at pick 9..... you’re going to get burned.

I would have rather taken Wills, Lamb, Jeudy, Wirfs but that’s besides the point. I think the Jags took Henderson because they were unreal light at the position but also left really good players on the board. Like when they took Reggie Williams....

Who said he can’t develop into a stud corner? He will be targeted early and often this year which isn’t a good thing for this pass defense. He very well may become great but when talking about this upcoming season, I think it’ll be a long one for this pass defense.

Seriously. What do you think is most likely to happen this year?

Well Bryan Anger was the 1st best punter so taking him over Russell Wilson was completely justified.

(08-24-2020, 04:44 PM)Upper Wrote:
(08-24-2020, 03:40 PM)Kane Wrote: I can't wait for Henderson to silence the blatant disrespect he gets from some posters.

Well Bryan Anger was the 1st best punter so taking him over Russell Wilson was completely justified.

Because those two things are totally the same.