Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(01-20-2021, 01:20 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 01:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Running mates are nearly always chosen to draw votes to the ticket that may not otherwise go that way.

Harris helped Biden collect minority and female votes he may not have otherwise received.
 The same way Pence brought more conservative Christians back to Trump's ticket that may not have voted for him after the barrage of character issues that were highlighted leading up to the election. 

No different here. 

I'm proud to see her mark a historical moment for our nation by taking the office as a minority woman.

And apparently you have no problem giving the second most powerful seat in the country to an Affirmative Action recipient.

It's not like that. 

The nature and history of the office of VP is filled with politicians who were usually, but not always, qualified to fill the role but chosen primarily for their ability to draw votes to the ticket. 

Harris is no different than the vast majority of them historically in that regard. 

She's qualified and brought important votes Biden's way.

I have no problem with that. It's the norm.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-20-2021, 01:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 01:20 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: And apparently you have no problem giving the second most powerful seat in the country to an Affirmative Action recipient.

It's not like that. 

The nature and history of the office of VP is filled with politicians who were usually, but not always, qualified to fill the role but chosen primarily for their ability to draw votes to the ticket. 

Harris is no different than the vast majority of them historically in that regard. 

It IS like that and was like that as soon as Biden said he was going to choose a black woman.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-20-2021, 01:28 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 01:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
It's not like that. 

It IS like that and was like that as soon as Biden said he was going to choose a black woman.
No, you are grossly oversimplifying it. 

Luckily he had several well qualified black women to choose from that would help him earn votes and serve as an important symbol to millions of disenfranchised Americans of color.

(01-20-2021, 01:12 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Best and brightest?  Have you looked at the Trump appointees?  Most had very little to no experience within the role they were appointed, ultimately leading to a 91% turnover rate.  Yes, 9 out of 10 people appointed by Trump resigned prior to the end of the term.

Good morning Mrs Mikesez..

You're just trying to flatter me.  It's going take a lot more than that; perhaps a few pillows from mypillow.com

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2021, 01:40 PM by WingerDinger.)

(01-20-2021, 01:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 01:28 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: It IS like that and was like that as soon as Biden said he was going to choose a black woman.
No, you are grossly oversimplifying it. 

Luckily he had several well qualified black women to choose from that would help him earn votes and serve as an important symbol to millions of disenfranchised Americans of color.

I don't think you know what Affirmative Action means..

(01-20-2021, 01:37 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Good morning Mrs Mikesez..

You're just trying to flatter me.  It's going take a lot more than that; perhaps a few pillows from mypillow.com

I'm sure you have plenty of pillows around your home to bite.

(01-20-2021, 01:38 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 01:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: No, you are grossly oversimplifying it. 

I don't think you know what Affirmative Action means..
You'd be incorrect.

The office is symbolic in it's very nature. 

She's a symbolic choice. Makes perfect sense to me.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2021, 01:46 PM by WingerDinger.)

(01-20-2021, 01:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 01:38 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I don't think you know what Affirmative Action means..
You'd be incorrect.

Who am I to argue what makes perfect sense to you?

(01-20-2021, 01:46 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 01:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You'd be incorrect.

Who am I to argue what makes perfect sense to you?

So you think choosing a symbolic running mate who draws votes to the ticket had nothing to do with Biden's choice of Harris, but rather she was merely a woman of color who was somewhat qualified?  Is that it?

(01-20-2021, 01:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 01:46 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Who am I to argue what makes perfect sense to you?

So you think choosing a symbolic running mate who draws votes to the ticket had nothing to do with Biden's choice of Harris, but rather she was merely a woman of color who was somewhat qualified?  Is that it?

Of course it did, but it's also considered Affirmative Action..

When you limit your choices specifically to a certain race and gender, it's is what it is. 

In this case, it's 2 birds, 1 stone..

(01-20-2021, 01:04 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 12:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [Image: 20210120-112341.jpg]

Just goes to show you liberals are not happy people and never will be. You people can't even be happy today. It's pretty pathetic.

“Liberals”. You keep using that word. I don’t think it means what you think it means.

But anyway, enjoy watching America rebuild itself through your veil of tears.

And for the record, I’m thrilled by the prospect of Donald Trump quietly and peacefully standing at the pearly gates in a few years, alone and penniless after choking on a Big Mac, only to have the guy in charge bust out laughing, call over a bunch of other people to point and laugh, then sending him on down the long fall into the fiery hole. I am absolutely overjoyed today seeing him gone from government and exiled to the resort he’s about to lose to bankruptcy.

Stay classy!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(01-20-2021, 01:55 PM)copycat Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 01:04 PM)TJBender Wrote: “Liberals”. You keep using that word. I don’t think it means what you think it means.

But anyway, enjoy watching America rebuild itself through your veil of tears.

And for the record, I’m thrilled by the prospect of Donald Trump quietly and peacefully standing at the pearly gates in a few years, alone and penniless after choking on a Big Mac, only to have the guy in charge bust out laughing, call over a bunch of other people to point and laugh, then sending him on down the long fall into the fiery hole. I am absolutely overjoyed today seeing him gone from government and exiled to the resort he’s about to lose to bankruptcy.

Stay classy!

Good thing he doesn't hold any grudges.

(01-20-2021, 01:52 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 01:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: So you think choosing a symbolic running mate who draws votes to the ticket had nothing to do with Biden's choice of Harris, but rather she was merely a woman of color who was somewhat qualified?  Is that it?

Of course it did, but it's also considered Affirmative Action..

When you limit your choices specifically to a certain race and gender, it's is what it is. 

Maybe it's considered that by you...

Affirmative action doesn't actually affect the executive branch, so it is very clearly not affirmative action in any technical sense. 

It compares to affirmative action to a degree because Biden made public his intention to hire within a minority demographic that would serve to unite during a global protest.
 But it is not technically affirmative action. 
Because - he's not required to fill his staff with x number of minorities.

(01-20-2021, 02:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 01:52 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Of course it did, but it's also considered Affirmative Action..

Maybe it's considered that by you...

Affirmative action doesn't actually affect the executive branch, so it is very clearly not affirmative action in any technical sense. 

It compares to affirmative action to a degree because Biden made public his intention to hire within a minority demographic that would serve to unite during a global protest.
 But it is not technically affirmative action. 
Because - he's not required to fill his staff with x number of minorities.

Rolleyes

Whatever floats your boat, dude.

Man I used to think the libs were the sensitive ones !

Since Trump lost bigly the conservatives are being real real sensitive !

(01-20-2021, 03:23 PM)BushCheney2000 Wrote: Man I used to think the libs were the sensitive ones !

Bunch of snowflakes Big Grin

(01-20-2021, 03:23 PM)BushCheney2000 Wrote: Man I used to think the libs were the sensitive ones !

Now if we would only ramp it up x1000 we might approach the shenanigans from the left the past 4 years.

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(01-20-2021, 03:46 PM)copycat Wrote:

Now if we would only ramp it up x1000 we might approach the shenanigans from the left the past 4 years.

Hmmmmm........ wasn't it rowdy Trump supporters that attacked the capital?

(01-20-2021, 08:19 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 03:46 PM)copycat Wrote: Now if we would only ramp it up x1000 we might approach the shenanigans from the left the past 4 years.

Hmmmmm........ wasn't it rowdy Trump supporters that attacked the capital?

I hope your memory is longer than your....go ahead RJ, give me the warning.