Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Another jump to conclusions without all the facts...

Anyone read the background on this guy?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-24-2020, 06:23 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Ooooof the racism is strong with this board 

This isn’t a military state, you can’t just kill civilians on the suspicion he was going to grab a gun. Killing based on conjecture is the stupidest thing I’ve heard of.

Reasonable threat to life or great bodily injury.  That's not conjecture.  Try again.

(08-24-2020, 07:00 PM)mikesez Wrote: cops need to be trained to rely less on their guns, and to establish distance when they do choose to use them. Guns are ranged weapons. If two people are fighting hand-to-hand, or within arm's reach of each other, and there is an exposed, unlocked gun in play, something has gone very wrong, tactically speaking. Cops need to be trained to expect chasing and tackling and punching as part of the job.

The cops tased him and he didn't stop. The cops have no good option. Cops used to tackle and take criminals down and then liberals started complaining that it was police brutality to punch the criminal to get them to stop trying to escape. Then tasers were finally used, but criminals were getting shocked and that really has been removed as an option for the most part. Now the cops have to ask nicely and hope you comply, if you don't they have a choice to make. They either put their hands on the criminal and risk their jobs or wait until the criminal makes themselves a threat.

I would prefer the cops beat the criminal, but I also didn't see a problem with most of the instances where cops hit a suspect until they stopped fighting. You can't take the non-lethal options away from cops and not expect them to rely on their gun more.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

They did try to tackle him. 

Meanwhile, a small town between Milwaukee & Chicago is having its small businesses and residential areas decimated by George Soros funded militant terrorists.

(08-25-2020, 09:06 AM)jj82284 Wrote: They did try to tackle him. 

Right before Blake gets to the drivers side door, the closest officer does look like he's trying to grab Blake.
But that officer already had his gun drawn before he closed.  Tactically that's stupid. A wrestling match where one party already has a gun out pretty much has to end in shots. 

Was any attempt made to tackle him before he starts to walk around his car?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2020, 09:48 AM by Jagwired.)

(08-25-2020, 09:14 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Meanwhile, a small town between Milwaukee & Chicago is having its small businesses and residential areas decimated by George Soros funded militant terrorists.

When will these idiots if ever realize that you cannot effectively protest crimes against people by COMMITTING crimes against other people?
Edit- lake me be clear that I do not believe that this shooting was a crime against any person.

"Damn cars been keeping us down" .
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2020, 09:52 AM by Jagwired.)

[quote='mikesez'
[/quote]

Obviously you did not watch the video.

(08-25-2020, 09:30 AM)mikesez Wrote:

Right before Blake gets to the drivers side door, the closest officer does look like he's trying to grab Blake.
But that officer already had his gun drawn before he closed.  Tactically that's stupid. A wrestling match where one party already has a gun out pretty much has to end in shots. 

Did u watch the video?

LOL.  Mikesez talking about tactics.   Laughing

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-25-2020, 09:30 AM)mikesez Wrote:

So easy to Monday morning QB the tactics used against a criminal resisting police arrest from your living room chair while trying to avoid getting Cheeto dust in the keyboard.

(08-25-2020, 10:06 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: LOL.  Mikesez talking about tactics.   Laughing

I would +1 this but....you know....mikeysaid and all that.

(08-25-2020, 09:54 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(08-25-2020, 09:30 AM)mikesez Wrote: Right before Blake gets to the drivers side door, the closest officer does look like he's trying to grab Blake.

Did u watch the video?

I did.  Do the officers touch him, or try to tackle him before he's next to the car?  I've seen what happens once he's next to the car enough times now.

You didn't watch the video.

(08-25-2020, 11:27 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: You didn't watch the video.

Tell me what I would have seen.  Tell me where to fast forward to.

4 minutes in

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2020, 12:01 PM by Lucky2Last.)

Why bother? He didn't watch the video, then asked for a time stamp so he can do as little work as possible. He's such a disingenuous poster.

He'll go watch the time stamp, then come back with some song and dance about how they didn't actually tackle him or he wouldn't be able to get up and walk to his car. Or he'll get into a semantics argument about the definition of tackle.

Just admit you were wrong on this one Mike lol

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2020, 12:42 PM by mikesez.)

(08-25-2020, 11:48 AM)jj82284 Wrote: 4 minutes in

Thanks for letting me know. I see it now.
It's either two or three cops, struggling on the ground with the one suspect.
That suspect should have never gotten up without handcuffs on.
then after he gets up, he just casually walks by an officer who has his gun drawn, that officer doesn't do anything.
If the cops had done their job right, he would still be alive.

(08-25-2020, 12:00 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Why bother? He didn't watch the video, then asked for a time stamp so he can do as little work as possible. He's such a disingenuous poster.

He'll go watch the time stamp, then come back with some song and dance about how they didn't actually tackle him or he wouldn't be able to get up and walk to his car. Or he'll get into a semantics argument about the definition of tackle.

Go easy man. Not everyone does this stuff for a living. There are other things I have to do with my day in order to earn money

So it’s the police officers fault that he did not simply comply. Got it.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.