Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yannick Ngakoue traded to Vikings

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2020, 07:15 AM by MikePete54.)

Quote:The [font=Georgia,]Jacksonville Jaguars have agreed to trade franchise defensive end Yannick Ngakoue to the Minnesota Vikings for a second- and a conditional fifth-round pick that could go as high a third-round pick, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.[/font]

Ngakoue still has to sign his franchise tender, but the trade is in now place and Ngakoue is expected to join the Vikings.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2977...ue-vikings

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...8365830150

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...9954542592

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A lot of old comments in here saying he wouldn't be able to force his way to a new team!

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2020, 07:13 AM by The Real Marty.)

That's disappointing.   The extra pick becomes a 3rd rounder if the Vikings win the Super Bowl and Ngakoue is a pro bowler.  It becomes a 4th round pick in Ngakoue is a pro bowler.  So, let's hope he goes to the pro bowl at least.  

I was hoping for at least a 2nd and an unconditional 3rd.   Most people wanted a lot more than that.  

I guess this means we save $17 million and carry that savings over to next season.  So there is that.

Guess he got his wish .... and now his drama is over.
Time to move on.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Don't think we got enough. Would rather he sit on the bench.

(08-30-2020, 07:57 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Told you all for years David Caldwell was the worst GM on the planet. This confirms it.

I'm hoping this is a joke.

Dave got what he could get, especially from a non AFC team at this time of year.

First thought for me after this news was what did the Jags actually miss from an earlier offer when they were set on a first round pick or the supposed player plus pick trade that was rumored.

Glad it's headed in the right direction.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Gone to Minnesota for 2nd and conditional 3/4. Good riddance. Another head case moving on to become someone else's problem.

He was definitely a head case. I know people Say he was liked in the locker room, but once he began calling out the owner’s son on Twitter, he moved into the head case category for me.

I wonder what we do with the extra $17.8 million in cap space?
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2020, 08:48 AM by fredalwaysajag.)

To get a 2nd and 5th for a 3rd rd disgruntled one year rental... Best job any GM could do with a player who calls the team owner a clown. Jags didn't have much leverage to work with for a guy that didn't even crack the top 100.

Time to commence the Chase On the quarterbacks
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

So I guess we are rooting for Yan to have a great year, but for the Vikings to miss the playoffs?

At least I don’t have to hear about it anymore and the value isn’t terrible.

This was not a win for us though. Another of our few drafted talents is gone.

Jags about to have 36 mil in cap space

At this point we just needed someone who wanted to rent him for the year. The time has passed four him to be able to sign a long term deal. Has to wait till after the season. So good job head office, save 17 mllion and collected some draft capital as well.

Yam is the second best defensive end on the Vikings.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2020, 09:46 AM by Bullseye.)

So now we have next year:

2 #1s (our own and the Rams'
2 #2s (our own and the Vikes'
1 #3 next year (maybe 2 if he makes the Pro Bowl and the Vikes reach the Super Bowl
at least two #4s (our own, the Rams, and maybe Minnesota's if he makes the Pro Bowl.
at least two #5 picks (our own and Minnesotas)

By my count that's 9 picks in the first five rounds.

I am disappointed we only got the two and conditional five, but considering we drafted him for a 3, got a Pro bowl and numerous sacks and game changing play out of him at a premium position, and got him out of the conference for a 2 and another pick ranging anywhere from a 5 to a 3, not too too bad.  My preferenc would have been to keep him, but at least it's over.

You are up now, K'Lavon!

(08-30-2020, 09:25 AM)icey14 Wrote: At this point we just needed someone who wanted to rent him for the year. The time has passed four him to be able to sign a long term deal. Has to wait till after the season. So good job head office, save 17 mllion and collected some draft capital as well.

He should benefit by playing on turf and with some more leads.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-30-2020, 08:44 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: To get a 2nd and 5th for a 3rd rd disgruntled one year rental... Best job any GM could do with a player who calls the team owner a clown. Jags didn't have much leverage to work with for a guy that didn't even crack the top 100.

Time to commence the Chase On the quarterbacks

You guys can say what you will about Caldwell, but generally speaking, he manages to get some decent value when trading away guys.

He got a 6 for Gabbert
He got 2 1sts and a 4th for Ramsey
He got a 4 for Bouye
a 5 for a 34 year old Calais Campbell
now the 2 and the conditional 5 for Yan.

I hate this team allowing so much talent to walk, though.  The team needs to improve on player retention.

Total incompetence once again by the front office. We probably could've got a better deal from someone else when this drama all began. Now, all we get is a low 2nd rounder (as the Vikings should win their division) and what will likely be a 5th round pick. At best, it could be a 4th rounder as I don't see Minnesota winning a Superbowl. To go through all this drama for so long and to get such a paltry return is a HUGE disappointment, but I'm used to such things. It's been this way since 1995, so why would anything change now? We lose Calais Campbell and trade Yannick Ngakoue, so once again, what was once a strength of the team, becomes a weakness. I like Josh Allen a lot, (he is my favorite defensive player,) but without someone on the other side, I expect his sack numbers to go down.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2020, 09:56 AM by JagJohn.)

Meh. Oh well at least draft night is gonna be epic again next year.

Anyone else toying with the idea of offering Clowney a bumper one-year prove it deal?

Very probably a pipe dream, but the idea isn't without merit.

(08-30-2020, 09:54 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Total incompetence once again by the front office. We probably could've got a better deal from someone else when this drama all began. Now, all we get is a low 2nd rounder (as the Vikings should win their division) and what will likely be a 5th round pick. At best, it could be a 4th rounder as I don't see Minnesota winning a Superbowl. To go through all this drama for so long and to get such a paltry return is a HUGE disappointment, but I'm used to such things. It's been this way since 1995, so why would anything change now? We lose Calais Campbell and trade Yannick Ngakoue, so once again, what was once a strength of the team, becomes a weakness. I like Josh Allen a lot, (he is my favorite defensive player,) but without someone on the other side, I expect his sack numbers to go down.

This is my biggest on field concern at this point.

I do not believe Chaisson will be able to command attention from the other side, nor do I think our DTs will be able to draw attention either.  Allen will pretty much be on his own.

I hope Chaisson proves me wrong.

(08-30-2020, 09:41 AM)Bullseye Wrote: So now we have next year:

2 #1s (our own and the Rams'
2 #2s (our own and the Vikes'
1 #3 next year (maybe 2 if he makes the Pro Bowl and the Vikes reach the Super Bowl
at least two #4s (our own, the Rams, and maybe Minnesota's if he makes the Pro Bowl.
at least two #5 picks (our own and Minnesotas)

By my count that's 9 picks in the first five rounds.

I am disappointed we only got the two and conditional five, but considering we drafted him for a 3, got a Pro bowl and numerous sacks and game changing play out of him at a premium position, and got him out of the conference for a 2 and another pick ranging anywhere from a 5 to a 3, not too too bad.  My preferenc would have been to keep him, but at least it's over.

You are up now, K'Lavon!

(08-30-2020, 09:25 AM)icey14 Wrote: At this point we just needed someone who wanted to rent him for the year. The time has passed four him to be able to sign a long term deal. Has to wait till after the season. So good job head office, save 17 mllion and collected some draft capital as well.

He should benefit by playing on turf and with some more leads.

Incorrect Bullseye. From my understanding the conditional 5th round pick is for 2022. Not 2021 like the second round pick.