Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yannick Ngakoue traded to Vikings

I wouldn't have traded him for what basically will amount to a 3rd round pick. If you get 4 or 5 games into the season and you get that offer, I probably take it. But I'm at least waiting to see if there's a major injury early on that increases his value.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-30-2020, 10:49 AM)JagJohn Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 10:44 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That is the kind of thing I have come to expect from this team.

Frustratingly, I think it's probably the most likely scenario too. I could easily seeing us going 6-10 and the jury still being very much out on Minshew at the end of the year.

I think you're right.

Another cancer gone and we get better in the run game, im pretty confident that Chaisson will be better against the run that Yan. I think Vikings at best will be 3rd in there division with Diggs, Rhodes, Joseph, Griffen, and Alexander gone and a disgruntled Cooks

A recent article ranked top 25 See, YN was ranked #23. Caldwell got what he was worth.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2020, 11:22 AM by JagFan81.)

Oh this year can [BLEEP] right off

And that's it folks. 3 years and its ALL gone. Thanks Yan, a joy to see you grow, wish we could have kept him but why waste your career with these coaches and FO.

And a 2nd and 5th rounder. Wow, Caldwell is a genius  Angry

Dont worry, I'm sure we can draft someone 'just as good' and wait the 4 years for them to become a force.

The amount of talent we have shipped out of here.

I think the fact that the new agent had to take a 4 million dollar cut in salary this year to move him to new team shows, that this was not a bad first agent, it was just Yannick being an idiot. He's thrown away about $20 million bucks over the last 2 seaons.

(08-30-2020, 10:24 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 10:18 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I was furious when we selected Chaisson. I had him as the most overrated player in the entire draft. I think the guy has draft "bust" written all over him. He was drafted strictly for his athletic ability and certainly not for his underwhelming production on the field. I too hope and pray he proves me wrong though, but I just don't see it. I think we're gonna have to use one of those first 4 picks in the 2021 draft to take an edge pass rusher.

I wasn't "furious," but I was not happy with the pick.  When I see Chaisson, I see the burst, but I don't see the bulk/strength, productivity or durability yet.

Maybe he can grow unto it, but I don't know.  In many ways, I see a Barkevious Mingo with more burst.

Really good comparison. Mingo is exactly who I see, when I watched Chaisson play.

Spotrac shows our 2020 cap at $30,925,850. 4th highest in league. 2021 they show us with 58 million. 2nd in league (but 20 million behind Colts).

(08-30-2020, 11:20 AM)newporttom Wrote: I think the fact that the new agent had to take a 4 million dollar cut in salary this year to move him to new team shows, that this was not a bad first agent, it was just Yannick being an idiot. He's thrown away about $20 million bucks over the last 2 seaons.

He took a pay cut because the tag was 17 million but the Vikes only had 13 million in cap space. He took a 4 million dollar pay cut to get out of this team and this situation.

Caldwell is garbage. What is the sense on acquiring talent if you can't keep it here.

He has had so many failures he finally got 2 picks right. Just to get rid of them for more hopeful draft picks. This team stays in rebuilding mode under Caldwell.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Thank goodness the drama is over. Bye!

If the jury is out on Minshew after this year, then you go get one of the 3 supposedly 1st rounders (Lawrence, Fields or Trey Lance)

(08-30-2020, 10:14 AM)jagsfan06 Wrote: Chaisson was one of the youngest players in the draft. He does have a lot of potential, but may need some time to develop. By all accounts he has an elite work ethic and is all business in his approach to his craft.  I do not think that he will produce a Yan level of productivity this year.

I didn't want Chaisson but you are right about that, and I like that a lot.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(08-30-2020, 11:20 AM)newporttom Wrote: I think the fact that the new agent had to take a 4 million dollar cut in salary this year to move him to new team shows, that this was not a bad first agent, it was just Yannick being an idiot. He's thrown away about $20 million bucks over the last 2 seaons.

The funny thing is his beef is primarily about money, and he keeps taking less of it. Yan just isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed. But I am glad he is off the team, and hopefully it all works out like he wants. I actually feel like we are winning trades the last couple of years rather than losing. The trading a 5th round pick for guys who were going to be cut anyway days seems to be over.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(08-30-2020, 10:42 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 10:25 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: Clowney is a more complete player than Yannick. Sacks numbers are overrated. 

I still believe that Bryan and Smoot can play a big role.

I think we will really need Smoot to be good this year. I loved what I saw from him last season. The extra bulk he added really made him look stronger without losing any speed. I think a lot of people are sleeping on him. I'm hoping he can add 7-8 sacks this year and generate a decent pass rush. As for Taven Bryan, my expectations are super low. He's done absolutely nothing to justify his first round selection so far and I'm not expecting that to change. I have 3 technique as a HUGE need in the 2021 draft.

This.

At the very least I think he can get 6 sacks again and he will be better vs the run than Yawn.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(08-30-2020, 11:27 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 10:24 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I wasn't "furious," but I was not happy with the pick.  When I see Chaisson, I see the burst, but I don't see the bulk/strength, productivity or durability yet.

Maybe he can grow unto it, but I don't know.  In many ways, I see a Barkevious Mingo with more burst.

Really good comparison. Mingo is exactly who I see, when I watched Chaisson play.
I wasnt the biggest fan of the pick either but it was clear I didn't watch enough of him.  Dude wrecked the playoffs and got better and better throughout the season.

Wow, we got fleeced on that one. No point at all in trading him for basically a 3rd. Why not hold him and wait it out? Worst situation is you trade him next season for a 3rd if he doesn't play at all. Very disappointing.

I'm Luke warm on the compensation. We should have held out longer
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Lol no one was gonna be give more than that because he is not worth it, period.

(08-30-2020, 12:06 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Wow, we got fleeced on that one. No point at all in trading him for basically a 3rd. Why not hold him and wait it out? Worst situation is you trade him next season for a 3rd if he doesn't play at all. Very disappointing.

Luckily we traded him for a second.