Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yannick Ngakoue traded to Vikings

It's fortunate that I'm not in Caldwell's shoes because I would've made him sit out the 2020 season and think about why he was actually mad.

W/that being said, I'm ecstatic that it's over and we as a TEAM can move on...

NH3...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I’m thinking some of this new salary cap money will go towards a contract extension for LT Cam Robinson
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2020, 03:36 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(08-30-2020, 12:15 PM)Newton Wrote: Yannick is the biggest loser in the end. Let pride cost him 20 million. At least we can now move on. Getting rid of the negative energy was important. Now we can look to the future. Yannick was not playing this year for us, and there is a lot of uncertainty with covid. Getting a second is not the worst outcome. Do I hate to lose him? Yes, But keeping him was not an option.

I don't understand what you mean by his pride costing him 20 million -- he still gets paid plus he's playing for a much better team, greater defense, with a lot of positive energy in Minnesota.  We're pretty much the losers here in Jacksonville as we lost another talented player and will surely continue to lose as we have the past decade (being the 2nd worst team in the NFL by win/loss record over the past 10 years.  We do have a pretty cool beach here and a lot nicer weather in the winter though.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2020, 03:39 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(08-30-2020, 08:40 AM)jagsfan06 Wrote: I wonder what we do with the extra $17.8 million in cap space?

I'd like to see Khan using it in attempt to acquire Lionel Messi for Fulham FC

Hopefully Josh Allen can take that next step because he has to do it all by himself now.

(08-30-2020, 03:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Hopefully Josh Allen can take that next step because he has to do it all by himself now.

The only problem is players like this can be double teamed since we lack talent across the board, so Allen may be less effective as a result.

(08-30-2020, 03:40 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 03:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Hopefully Josh Allen can take that next step because he has to do it all by himself now.

The only problem is players like this can be double teamed since we lack talent across the board, so Allen may be less effective as a result.

Oh he's definitely going to be less effective. He had Campbell and Ngakoue playing next to him, now he has.... well.. yea about that..

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2020, 03:52 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(08-30-2020, 03:18 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Trevor Lawrence

Hopefully, Minshew or even Luton can be the franchise QB we need and we won't have to trade up. I'm expecting around 5 wins this year which means we'd likely have to trade both first rounders and something else to move up to #1 for Lawrence. I'd rather get a LT in round 1. Penei Sewell or Liam Eichenberg would be my targets.

(08-30-2020, 03:30 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: I’m thinking some of this new salary cap money will go towards a contract extension for LT Cam Robinson

??????? Are you crazy??????? He's done nothing to deserve a contract extension. I want a new LT in the first round of the 2021 draft.

(08-30-2020, 03:31 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 12:15 PM)Newton Wrote: Yannick is the biggest loser in the end. Let pride cost him 20 million. At least we can now move on. Getting rid of the negative energy was important. Now we can look to the future. Yannick was not playing this year for us, and there is a lot of uncertainty with covid. Getting a second is not the worst outcome. Do I hate to lose him? Yes, But keeping him was not an option.

I don't understand what you mean by his pride costing him 20 million -- he still gets paid plus he's playing for a much better team, greater defense, with a lot of positive energy in Minnesota.  We're pretty much the losers here in Jacksonville as we lost another talented player and will surely continue to lose as we have the past decade (being the 2nd worst team in the NFL by win/loss record over the past 10 years.  We do have a pretty cool beach here and a lot nicer weather in the winter though.

I agree.

It's gonna be a lot harder for him. I can see offenses double teaming him on every play now. He's the only real pass rushing threat we have.

(08-30-2020, 03:30 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: I’m thinking some of this new salary cap money will go towards a contract extension for LT Cam Robinson

Agreed, I think Cam has a career year

(08-30-2020, 11:38 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Caldwell is garbage.  What is the sense on acquiring talent if you can't keep it here.

He has had so many failures he finally got 2 picks right.   Just to get rid of them for more hopeful draft picks.   This team stays in rebuilding mode under Caldwell.

His drafting is generally okay.

It's player retention he needs to improve.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2020, 05:22 PM by Bullseye.)

(08-30-2020, 11:19 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Oh this year can [BLEEP] right off

And that's it folks. 3 years and its ALL gone. Thanks Yan, a joy to see you grow, wish we could have kept him but why waste your career with these coaches and FO.

And a 2nd and 5th rounder. Wow, Caldwell is a genius  Angry

Dont worry, I'm sure we can draft someone 'just as good' and wait the 4 years for them to become a force.

The amount of talent we have shipped out of here.
Wallbash
Smile 

I can relate, dude.

There is zero reason that nucleus of that 2017 team should be virtually obliterated by 2020.

I could see Poz gone.

I could even see Malik, Dareus, Church and Gipson gone too.  Maybe even Calais given his age and salary.

But Telvin, Jalen, and now Yan?

They should still be here, and we should be building a better team around them.

(08-30-2020, 03:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 03:40 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The only problem is players like this can be double teamed since we lack talent across the board, so Allen may be less effective as a result.

Oh he's definitely going to be less effective. He had Campbell and Ngakoue playing next to him, now he has.... well.. yea about that..

I guaran-damn-tee that when his contract comes up, fans are going to hold that wholly understandable drop against him, and will end up calling him the same things they called EVERY SINGLE PLAYER who had a contract issue with this team.

(08-30-2020, 04:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Agreed, I think Cam has a career year

I hope you guys are right.

I was high on him especially when he was still there in the second.  I thought he played decently enough as a rookie.

But then his second year is when he blew out his knee, and last year he came back, though it was clear his knee was not fully healed.

So now, presumably he has health, and now he is definitely more experienced.

Still don't trust Warhop though.

(08-30-2020, 05:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

And that's it folks. 3 years and its ALL gone. Thanks Yan, a joy to see you grow, wish we could have kept him but why waste your career with these coaches and FO.

Dont worry, I'm sure we can draft someone 'just as good' and wait the 4 years for them to become a force.

Wallbash
Smile 

I can relate, dude.

There is zero reason that nucleus of that 2017 team should be virtually obliterated by 2020.

I could see Poz gone.

I could even see Malik, Dareus, Church and Gipson gone too.  Maybe even Calais given his age and salary.

(08-30-2020, 03:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Oh he's definitely going to be less effective. He had Campbell and Ngakoue playing next to him, now he has.... well.. yea about that..

I guaran-damn-tee that when his contract comes up, fans are going to hold that wholly understandable drop against him, and will end up calling him the same things they called EVERY SINGLE PLAYER who had a contract issue with this team.

Thanks bud. The thought that eats my brain, could you imagine Minshew with that D!! Oh man, that team would be so much fun. It's the way of the NFL sadly, new team every year but sad to see so many young players want out so badly. That 2017 team and the City really started to bond. That game against Seattle was truly special.

It's only really Jack and Norwell that are our big ticket items now. Chark and Dede look keepers, hopefully Minshew and if we can just get some of these 2nd and 3rd year guys to step up then it's not complete disaster!

(08-30-2020, 05:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

Wallbash
Smile 

I can relate, dude.

I could see Poz gone.

(08-30-2020, 03:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Oh he's definitely going to be less effective. He had Campbell and Ngakoue playing next to him, now he has.... well.. yea about that..

Poz retired
Telvin dating lil girls and was average his last season
Malik was ok his last year here, nothing special
Church is he still in the league?
Gipson was overrated and got a cheap deal in Chicago
Dareus is hurt and getting old
Jalen is a diva and the Rams are gonna suffer with that extension
Yan is highly overrated, can't stop the run and disappears in big games
Calais is a great dude and player but he is getting old and he wouldn't make a big difference anyway

I think it is hilarious how people cry so much about those players when most of them were still here in 2018 and yet the team was garbage.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(08-30-2020, 05:32 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 05:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Wallbash
Smile 

I can relate, dude.

I could see Poz gone.

Poz retired
Calais is a great dude and player but he is getting old and he wouldn't make a big difference anyway

I think it is hilarious how people cry so much about those players when most of them were still here in 2018 and yet the team was garbage.

Ah yes, the Cody Kessler experience. That stud.

It's not too much to ask your D to pitch a shutout every week and score enough points for the W

(08-30-2020, 05:32 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 05:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Wallbash
Smile 

I can relate, dude.

I could see Poz gone.

Poz retired

The team was garbage because the OL was a MASH unit for most of 2018, starting week two when this garbage team stomped the Pats. 

That was the week we lost our LT for the year.  We lost to the tacks the next week, stomped the Jets, and it was down hill from there.

The offense couldn't get out of its own way, nor could it give the defense any rest.

(08-30-2020, 05:36 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 05:32 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Poz retired

Ah yes, the Cody Kessler experience. That stud.

It's not too much to ask your D to pitch a shutout every week and score enough points for the W

Well Ravens won a SB with Dilfer and Bucs with Brad Johnson so...
Foles was awful here
Minshew was a rookie and while he was good he wasn't gonna take us to the playoffs

Most of those players are either out of the league or having average seasons. 
Only Ramsey would make a difference here but his attitude is awful and he would probably make more harm than anything.

But hey Dareus and Church are FA's maybe we should bring them  Laughing
Gipson signed for like 1.5 million we had the cap space to sign him... Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(08-30-2020, 05:45 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 05:36 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Ah yes, the Cody Kessler experience. That stud.

Well Ravens won a SB with Dilfer and Bucs with Brad Johnson so...
Foles was awful here
Minshew was a rookie and while he was good he wasn't gonna take us to the playoffs

Only Ramsey would make a difference here but his attitude is awful and he would probably make more harm than anything.

But as Bullseye pointed out, there were bits and pieces that needed replacing, not whole parts of the D. You act like I'm saying let's put a 60 year old Piz out there! 

What's your opinion of the current D then?

Why?  Robinson is mediocre at best.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(08-30-2020, 06:03 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 05:45 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Well Ravens won a SB with Dilfer and Bucs with Brad Johnson so...
Foles was awful here

But as Bullseye pointed out, there were bits and pieces that needed replacing, not whole parts of the D. You act like I'm saying let's put a 60 year old Piz out there! 

What's your opinion of the current D then?

Not only that, he COMPLETELY disregards Pro Bowl caliber players!

Campbell was NFL Defensive player of the year while he was with us.

Telvin Smith made a Pro Bowl with us, won at least three different AFC Player of the week awards and had multiple TDs.

Yannick Ngakoue made a Pro Bowl, had a season with double digit sacks, and generally led the league in forced fumbles during the time he was here.  He was the catalyst to many Jaguars TDs, including the sack and FF Telvin Smith returned for a TD in the playoff game against the Steelers in the playoffs.

Ramsey?  All Pro...Pro bowl...even with the Rams.

I guess Haunting Raven prefers the Gene Smith era.