Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yannick Ngakoue traded to Vikings

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2020, 08:44 PM by TearExtractor.)

Alternate headline: Man pays 6 million dollars to not play on the Jaguars. Sad

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What could have possibly been so bad here that he would give up that kind of money to go elsewhere?

(08-30-2020, 08:40 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: Another great player gone, happy to take a big paycut to leave, and vocal about wanting out.

Must just be a coincidence we draft only these type of players.

Or worse, maybe there's something about this franchise...or this city...or both..that drives players away.

Granted, under a salary cap, you can't keep every marquee player you might draft.

But we could keep a lot more than we are.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-30-2020, 08:36 PM)Upper Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 08:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He lost 19 mil last year, loses about another 7 mil this year than if he would of taken the 19 mil a year offer.  Yan isn't a business man thats for sure lol.  I think he has a down year honestly.  He las lost 26 mil the last 2 years, lmao

It's insane how oft debunked lies like this keep spreading.

And yet it drives a discussion....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/yanni...ss-rusher/

For a kindler, gentler review of the trade...

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-30-2020, 08:46 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 08:40 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: Another great player gone, happy to take a big paycut to leave, and vocal about wanting out.

Or worse, maybe there's something about this franchise...or this city...or both..that drives players away.

Granted, under a salary cap, you can't keep every marquee player you might draft.

TC came from a day and age where it had value to have everyone on edge all of the time, and he intentionally pissed them off constantly, and flouted the rules while demanding strict adherence to the rules.

People don't take to that crap now days, with good reason.  Instead, what used to work creates an almost across the board willingness to walk and see if someone else will be tolerable. 

In short, he made it so people did not want to come to work.  Some will take the cop out of "millennials" but the end result is that it drives good players away and builds apathy.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2020, 08:59 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(08-30-2020, 08:46 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

Pretty sure this city is better on almost every front over Minneapolis,  so its probably the franchise.

(08-30-2020, 08:50 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/yanni...ss-rusher/

For a kindler, gentler review of the trade...

The grade is moot without mentioning other offers that were on the table from other franchises during the process.

That story that the Raiders offered us a first in the draft has been debunked repeatedly. Walter football doesn't know jack.

(08-30-2020, 05:25 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 04:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agreed, I think Cam has a career year

I hope you guys are right.

I was high on him especially when he was still there in the second.  I thought he played decently enough as a rookie.

But then his second year is when he blew out his knee, and last year he came back, though it was clear his knee was not fully healed.

So now, presumably he has health, and now he is definitely more experienced.

Still don't trust Warhop though.

Warhop is undoubtedly the worst O-Line Coach in the league.

(08-30-2020, 08:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1...37664?s=19

He lost 19 mil last year, loses about another 7 mil this year than if he would of taken the 19 mil a year offer.  Yan isn't a business man thats for sure lol.  I think he has a down year honestly.  He las lost 26 mil the last 2 years, lmao

So wait, Tom offers him the alleged “low ball offer” averaging 15.6 million a year, gets pissed and feels disrespected. Refuses to play here... Then goes and takes 3.6 less than the lowest reported offer we made? I’m sorry, Yan is huge dumb. Dude lost a lot of $ the last 2 years no matter the finer details of the offers made prior. He better hope he has a monster season, or he better get used to 12 mil or less per season. He has no idea just how dumb settling on 12 a year could be for him.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2020, 09:30 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(08-30-2020, 07:23 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 06:04 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Why?  Robinson is mediocre at best.

You cannot say this. Up until his injury he played fairly well.  He's had the time to recover from his injury, this will become a make or break season. If he plays well, he will be extended. If not, he will be replaced in the draft.

Yes he can, because it's true. 

This is what I'm looking forward to.

(08-30-2020, 07:43 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Walter Football....

Vikings acquire DE Yannick Ngakoue from Jaguars for 2021 2nd-round pick, 2022 conditional 5th-round pick
The Jaguars are so completely inept. They had an offer from the Raiders for the No. 19 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft. They were greedy and asked for No. 12 instead, so the Raiders declined. Jacksonville was willing to bet that it would get a better offer from another team, but that was not the case. Instead, general manager David Caldwell settled for a second-round choice in the 2021 NFL Draft, a class that will be difficult to scout properly because some dumb conference commissioners canceled their seasons.

Caldwell must be fired for this. The Vikings have a better chance of winning their division now, so it's likely that this pick for Ngakoue will be in the 50s. So, because of Caldwell's ineptitude, the Jaguars went from having the 19th-overall selection to 50-something. That's ridiculous.

Meanwhile, this is a huge win for the Vikings. They lost Everson Griffen to free agency and Michael Pierce to an opt-out, so it seemed as though their usually dominant defensive line would be worse in 2020. That's no longer the case, as Ngakoue will give Minnesota one of the top edge-rushing tandems in the NFL. This will be a huge edge in the division, as the Vikings will apply way more pressure on talented quarterbacks like Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford, and, umm, whatever the Bears have.

Grade for Vikings - A+
Grade for Jaguars - (F)ire David Caldwell

Doesn't surprise me one single bit.

(08-30-2020, 07:48 PM)Upper Wrote: Lmao it would be awfuly funny and peak #becausejaguars if we got rid of Yannick in order to pay Robinson.

[Image: 3990771.jpg]

In a rare case of honesty I am admitting that I wish the 2020 season was over and the 2021 draft was in two weeks.

(08-30-2020, 09:25 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 08:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1...37664?s=19

He lost 19 mil last year, loses about another 7 mil this year than if he would of taken the 19 mil a year offer.  Yan isn't a business man thats for sure lol.  I think he has a down year honestly.  He las lost 26 mil the last 2 years, lmao

So wait, Tom offers him the alleged “low ball offer” averaging 15.6 million a year, gets pissed and feels disrespected. Refuses to play here... Then goes and takes 3.6 less than the lowest reported offer we made? I’m sorry, Yan is huge dumb. Dude lost a lot of $ the last 2 years no matter the finer details of the offers made prior. He better hope he has a monster season, or he better get used to 12 mil or less per season. He has no idea just how dumb settling on 12 a year could be for him.

It's obvious that this was never about the money from the beginning... 

This franchise has been a laughing stock for the majority of it's 25 years and he clearly wanted out, no matter what. Just like plenty of others in the past couple of years. Clearly there's far bigger things going on behind the scenes with this franchise that keeps driving elite talents away from here.

And honestly, who can blame them. Calling him dumb for wanting to move on from a historically bad franchise is pretty stupid. 

He's going to a much better team, with a far better Defense from top to bottom. They have duo play makers at DE, LB and Safety. Besides an injury, he's highly likely going to post the best numbers of his career this year and cash in. It's basically a win-win for him, while this franchise continues to be a laughing stock.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2020, 10:29 PM by JagFan81.)

(08-30-2020, 08:03 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 05:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Wallbash
Smile 

I can relate, dude.

There is zero reason that nucleus of that 2017 team should be virtually obliterated by 2020.

I could see Poz gone.

I could even see Malik, Dareus, Church and Gipson gone too.  Maybe even Calais given his age and salary.

But Telvin, Jalen, and now Yan?

They should still be here, and we should be building a better team around them.

I guaran-damn-tee that when his contract comes up, fans are going to hold that wholly understandable drop against him, and will end up calling him the same things they called EVERY SINGLE PLAYER who had a contract issue with this team.

It feels like this was a decade ago, not only a couple years ago..

https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/statu...2627124227

I'm just going to sit in the corner and cry for a bit

Myles Jack wasnt down dammit

Who tf is his agent? Mr Bean?

(08-30-2020, 10:28 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 08:03 PM)Eric1 Wrote: It feels like this was a decade ago, not only a couple years ago..

https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/statu...2627124227

I'm just going to sit in the corner and cry for a bit

Same guys who laid an egg in 2018 though. Either got older, slower, arrested, or became whiners

But I am truly grateful for the run in 2017, what a fun season we so desperately needed. On to the future with hopefully some better players

The saddest thing about that list is not that we've had so much turnover, it's that only 1 of the guys we have decided to keep is actually good.

And not the one we paid top 3 LB money to.

(08-30-2020, 10:35 PM)jaglyn Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 10:28 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I'm just going to sit in the corner and cry for a bit

Same guys who laid an egg in 2018 though. Either got older, slower, arrested, or became whiners

But I am truly grateful for the run in 2017, what a fun season we so desperately needed. On to the future with hopefully some better players

Of course, couldn't last forever but that's the one good season out the last 10 and dont see many more coming!!

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2020, 10:41 PM by Newton.)

Just wait and see what happens guys. The offense has some weapons this year. Josh Allen is an absolute stud on D. This is a weird year in every way, and a young, hungry team may have an edge we do not anticipate.