Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
JAGS 2021 Outlook - What will Khan do?

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2020, 11:33 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-04-2020, 08:56 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 08:48 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Are we though? We were "developing" young talent in Ramsey, Fowler Jr. and Ngakoue. Where are they now? It seems as though we've been developing talent for other teams, recently. That's not helpful at all.

Still, draft and develop is the preferred road to success.  That's what the best teams do.  "Top free agents" usually wind up being waaaaay overpriced compared to what you get.  So, IF you are right that top free agents don't want to come here, I'm not concerned about that.

I totally agree 1000%, but something is wrong when the players you draft and develop all want outta here so badly, they leave millions on the table, just to exit the team. Right now, nothing is working for us and someone better find the root of the problem, because I have a feeling it wasn't 100% on Coughlin.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-04-2020, 11:32 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 08:56 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Still, draft and develop is the preferred road to success.  That's what the best teams do.  "Top free agents" usually wind up being waaaaay overpriced compared to what you get.  So, IF you are right that top free agents don't want to come here, I'm not concerned about that.

I totally agree 1000%, but something is wrong when the players you draft and develop all want outta here so badly, they leave millions on the table, just to exit the team. Right now, nothing is working for us and someone better find the root of the problem, because I have a feeling it wasn't 100% on Coughlin.

Two players who had their feelings hurt by Tom Coughlin jumped ship. Now it's a big problem? You're exaggerating.

I'd like to keep Westbrook too, if possible. I don't want to sign any more high priced FAs/

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2020, 11:59 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-04-2020, 11:41 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 11:32 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I totally agree 1000%, but something is wrong when the players you draft and develop all want outta here so badly, they leave millions on the table, just to exit the team. Right now, nothing is working for us and someone better find the root of the problem, because I have a feeling it wasn't 100% on Coughlin.

Two players who had their feelings hurt by Tom Coughlin jumped ship. Now it's a big problem? You're exaggerating.

Just two? Fowler Jr. wanted out, Ramsey wanted out, Ngakoue wanted out and Fournette wanted out. That's 4 by my count.

(09-04-2020, 11:58 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: I'd like to keep Westbrook too, if possible.  I don't want to sign any more high priced FAs/

You don't have to worry about that for quite a while.

(09-04-2020, 11:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 11:41 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Two players who had their feelings hurt by Tom Coughlin jumped ship. Now it's a big problem? You're exaggerating.

Just two? Fowler Jr. wanted out, Ramsey wanted out, Ngakoue wanted out and Fournette wanted out. That's 4 by my count.

(09-04-2020, 11:58 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: I'd like to keep Westbrook too, if possible.  I don't want to sign any more high priced FAs/

You don't have to worry about that for quite a while.

My bad, I forgot about Fowler and he had a legitimate reason to leave. 

Regardless, the Tom Coughlin butt hurt crew is gone and so is he. I don't see this as a ongoing issue.

(09-03-2020, 10:20 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Bologna Sandwiches all around.  I don't believe Dave, Marrone, or Wash has any change of losing their job.  I don't think 0-16 will due it.  There are tons of excuses.

That is the most disappointing post I have read in awhile!   Wallbash
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

I think Dave Caldwell stays and Doug Marrone gets the boot because behind the scenes I think Trevor Lawrence Camp will make sure that he's is surrounded by offensive-minded coach in order for him to declare for the draft.
[Image: giphy.gif]

So Dave's 1st 5 first round picks are off the team.

The young talent we developed couldn't wait to leave the team.

Yannick wanted to leave even after Coughlin was fired.

Dave was so bad his first few years, Coughlin was hired to be his boss in the first place.

People still trust Dave to "build through the draft?" Talk about Stockholm syndrome to the max!

I Do not want this front office to make any of these future picks.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

DM and DC will both be back next year. Why would Khan fire them and still pay their salary - plus the salary of a new GM and HC? Khan is all about the money, he couldn't care less if the team wins or loses.

(09-04-2020, 11:45 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: DM and  DC will both be back next year.  Why would Khan fire them and still pay their salary - plus the salary of a new GM and HC?  Khan is all about the money, he couldn't care less if the team wins or loses.

Its more rare to have a coach or GM go into their final year of a contract as a lame duck than it is to fire them.  95% of NFL coaches who get fired get paid for at least another year.  I remember reading when JDR got fired in Oakland, he had three years left on his deal.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 05:06 AM by JagFanatic24.)

(09-01-2020, 01:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-01-2020, 12:55 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Both will be back for 2021.

[Image: giphy.gif]

We have a ton of cap space, but the problem is that our team's reputation is trashed among NFL players, so I don't expect any top free agents to come here.

I know millions of reasons why any player on earth can look past all that bad reputation stuff. Just ask Malik Jackson and Calais Campbell.

Remember...it’s all about the money and nothing else. It doesn’t matter where a player gets his money. The life of the average player in the league is short lived and an injury away from retirement.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 06:03 AM by jaglyn.)

I dont think he’ll do anything tbh. Probably realized its a lot harder to create a winning NFL team a couple of seasons ago, and just focused on the business side to make sure he won’t lose money in the process, even though actual wins are hard to come by

(09-01-2020, 01:52 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-01-2020, 01:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

We have a ton of cap space, but the problem is that our team's reputation is trashed among NFL players, so I don't expect any top free agents to come here.

I think we need to quit thinking about top free agents, and concentrate on what the good teams do, which is draft and develop.

.....and retain