Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags release Fournette!!

Something had to happen. Hicken and Prosser are saying Fournette was not liked inside the stadium. The coaches wanted him gone 2 years ago. They tried to trade him and got no interest at the time. I’m assuming something must have happened behind the scenes where they’d cut him instead of trying to find SOME value in trade.

Regardless, the Jags are officially in the Lawrence sweepstakes.

If I’m Lawrence, I’m staying in college for another year because this franchise is arguably the worst run team in the league. It would make sense that in the one season where they actually get the top pick in the draft, the options don’t include a generational QB. The team has officially become a joke.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I feel for Minshew in this situation. I'd also be on the phone with Denver about Royce Freeman for a 7th

(08-31-2020, 08:58 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 08:50 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: We all knew Fournette was gone after this year anyway.  If you have a good scheme, you don't need an elite RB, and Fournette wasn't even one of those.  I guess we'll see what Gruden does.

This is where I am at, right now. Fournette was a big name draft pick but he was never elite. Gruden has other ideas, let's wait for Marrone to tell us what the plan is.

Marrone is going to feed us the usual coach speak lines.  He’s dead man walking so whatever he has to say is irrelevant.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Me drinking my coffee this morning and finding out the news:
[Image: 1ouw96.gif]

Back to the basement!

It's not a big loss. Dude was not that good folks.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2020, 09:04 AM by RealJagsFan.)

(08-31-2020, 08:58 AM)FBT Wrote: Something had to happen. Hicken and Prosser are saying Fournette was not liked inside the stadium. The coaches wanted him gone 2 years ago.  They tried to trade him and got no interest at the time. I’m assuming something must have happened behind the scenes where they’d cut him instead of trying to find SOME value in trade.  

If I’m Lawrence, I’m staying in college for another year because this franchise is arguably the worst run team in the league.  It would make sense that in the one season where they actually get the top pick in the draft, the options don’t include a generational QB.  The team has officially become a joke.

The 1st thing I thought is that something had to happen. I'm willing to bet he said something crazy about the Yan situation.

This is hilarious seeing this happen in real time

https://youtu.be/EWH4Hmtm0wA

(08-31-2020, 08:58 AM)FBT Wrote: Something had to happen. Hicken and Prosser are saying Fournette was not liked inside the stadium. The coaches wanted him gone 2 years ago.  They tried to trade him and got no interest at the time. I’m assuming something must have happened behind the scenes where they’d cut him instead of trying to find SOME value in trade.  

If I’m Lawrence, I’m staying in college for another year because this franchise is arguably the worst run team in the league.  It would make sense that in the one season where they actually get the top pick in the draft, the options don’t include a generational QB.  The team has officially become a joke.

Do you think we are tanking?

(08-31-2020, 09:06 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:

No.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Yes, but in typical Jags fashion, they’ll screw that up.

(08-31-2020, 09:07 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 09:06 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Do you think we are tanking?

No.

Do you think we've gotten better?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

If you guys are going to go full-on conspiracy, then go big. Tank for Trevor? That's short sighted. Is Khan trying to erode support in order to move the franchise? Now you're talking.

Marronne "Couldn't get anything for him, not a 5th, 6th, nothing."
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

No one panic.

It may just be that 27 wasnt the best guy on the roster at RB. Combine this with his on-field discipline issues then it makes sense.

However, I know my Jaguars. Every move we make usually ends up being the wrong move.
You're Welcome.

(08-31-2020, 09:12 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: If you guys are going to go full-on conspiracy, then go big. Tank for Trevor? That's short sighted. Is Khan trying to erode support in order to move the franchise? Now you're talking.

It's crazy enough to be true.

Sad we are having these conversations.

The fact they say its all on field based has to be BS, you can't tell me our 3rd or 4th RB on the roster is "better" for the team. Such nonsense. Scheme fit or not, this is ridiculous. I guess we will get to see the circus in action in 13 days or so.

"Maybe Doug is trying to build from the bottom down."  HAhahahahaha.

Whether you thought Fournette was worthy to be here or not, 1600 scrimmage yards is going to be tough to replace

When haven't we been tanking? Walking out of the stadium back after the 1999 season, I remember telling my friends around me that the window was closed. Dang I didn't think it would be this bad for this long. I can't believe we luck into occasional winning seasons. Honestly JDR success could have been better sustained if they didn't go all in on that one destruction of a draft. This franchise is being run very poorly and it hasn't made much of a difference who is in place. Is it an ownership issue?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(08-31-2020, 09:08 AM)FBT Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 09:06 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Do you think we are tanking?

Yes, but in typical Jags fashion, they’ll screw that up.

We'll do what we did in 2011 and won that week 17 game against the Colts.

Still not enough to keep us from sucking, but just enough to keep us out of the #1 spot.

(08-31-2020, 09:17 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: The fact they say its all on field based has to be BS, you can't tell me our 3rd or 4th RB on the roster is "better" for the team. Such nonsense. Scheme fit or not, this is ridiculous. I guess we will get to see the circus in action in 13 days or so.

He tweeted congrats to Yan or something like that. I bet there was more too it yesterday/today. There is no way they just release him within 24 hours of trading Yan unless he was a problem.