Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags release Fournette!!

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2020, 09:24 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

In all the years I've been a Jaguars fan (since 1995), no move has shocked me more. I realize Fournette has been a disappointment and was going to get released after the season the season, but now? We didn't even draft his replacement! We have nobody behind him on the roster, unless UDFA James Robinson (who I like) or Devine Ozigbo (who was never even given a shot last season), has been so impressive in camp that the team felt comfortable with making the move. I'm still shocked though. I'd expect Robinson to be the "guy" from here out. He's a mauler who loves contact and is great in short yardage situations, but lacks the speed to be a consistent breakaway threat. I consider him a "poor man's" Derrick Henry. This should be interesting.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-31-2020, 09:19 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Whether you thought Fournette was worthy to be here or not, 1600 scrimmage yards is going to be tough to replace

This.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-31-2020, 09:23 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: In all the years I've been a Jaguars fan (since 1995), no move has shocked me more. I realize Fournette has been a disappointment and was going to get released after the season the season, but now? We didn't even draft his replacement! We have nobody behind him on the roster, unless UDFA James Robinson (who I like) or Devine Ozigbo (who was never even given a shot last season), has been so impressive in camp that the team felt comfortable with making the move. I'm still shocked though. I'd expect Robinson to be the "guy" from here out. He's a mauler who loves contact and is great in short yardage situations, but lacks the speed to be a consistent breakaway threat. I consider him a "poor man's" Derrick Henry. This should be interesting.

He isn't great in short yardage, he is blind. That is what hurts him the most. He has all the other skills needed, except for quickness, but he is blind and can't see a hole.

(08-31-2020, 09:12 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: If you guys are going to go full-on conspiracy, then go big. Tank for Trevor? That's short sighted. Is Khan trying to erode support in order to move the franchise? Now you're talking.

Look at this fact: in spite of only allowing the stadium to be 1/4 full this season, the Jags are advertising tickets.  Maybe it has something to do with the pandemic and people not wanting to go to the games for that reason, but on the other hand, it seems like they would be able to at least sell 25% of the seats.  But they're advertising tickets.  There could come a time when we have to admit, this team cannot sell enough tickets in Jacksonville at high enough prices to be sustainable, pandemic or no pandemic.  

So Khan is accelerating the process so he can be first in line for London.  It makes sense to me.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2020, 09:32 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(08-31-2020, 09:00 AM)JNev Wrote: I feel for Minshew in this situation. I'd also be on the phone with Denver about Royce Freeman for a 7th

Nice. Count me in in that deal. I've always been a fan of his.

(08-31-2020, 09:08 AM)FBT Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 09:06 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Do you think we are tanking?

Yes, but in typical Jags fashion, they’ll screw that up.

Isn't that what always happens? We can't even be good at being awful.

(08-31-2020, 09:09 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

(08-31-2020, 09:07 AM)Dimson Wrote: No.

Do you think we've gotten better?

Absolutely not. We get better at one position and get worse at two and so on and so on.

(08-31-2020, 09:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 09:12 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: If you guys are going to go full-on conspiracy, then go big. Tank for Trevor? That's short sighted. Is Khan trying to erode support in order to move the franchise? Now you're talking.

Look at this fact: in spite of only allowing the stadium to be 1/4 full this season, the Jags are advertising tickets.  Maybe it has something to do with the pandemic and people not wanting to go to the games for that reason, but on the other hand, it seems like they would be able to at least sell 25% of the seats.  But they're advertising tickets.  There could come a time when we have to admit, this team cannot sell enough tickets in Jacksonville at high enough prices to be sustainable, pandemic or no pandemic.  

So Khan is accelerating the process so he can be first in line for London.  It makes sense to me.

St. Louis maybe, but not London.

Titans gonna sign him and they'll have a unstoppable 2 headed monster running attack. We gonna get destroyed.

Welp I guess I won't be complaining about him missing the hole this season. I like him as a person. He seems pretty straight forward and has a good sense of humor. He did frustrate me though with the 1 yarders that seemed like they should have gone for more. Maybe Doug plans to show that it really wasn't the O line.

(08-31-2020, 09:19 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Whether you thought Fournette was worthy to be here or not, 1600 scrimmage yards is going to be tough to replace

Agreed.

(08-31-2020, 09:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Basically no one in the building was happy with Khan's decisions. The ticket aspect was a big issue for them, I know people 1 level below Khan were concerned because they reached out. They lost 25 year ticket members of the small amount that were left and this was all before covid. Now who wants to go to a game and wear a mask in the hot sun? They need to do something with the sun shade and start making better football decisions.

(08-31-2020, 09:21 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 09:08 AM)FBT Wrote: Yes, but in typical Jags fashion, they’ll screw that up.

We'll do what we did in 2011 and won that week 17 game against the Colts.

Still not enough to keep us from sucking, but just enough to keep us out of the #1 spot.

It'll be deja vu all over again.

(08-31-2020, 09:33 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Titans gonna sign him and they'll have a unstoppable 2 headed monster running attack.  We gonna get destroyed.

I say Colts grab him if for no other reason than to milk him for info on week 1

ESPN just stated Jaguars plan is to tank and draft trevor lawrence and lure Dabo Swinney has the Jaguars new head coach. Chaaampiiionshiiip.

(08-31-2020, 08:58 AM)FBT Wrote: Something had to happen. Hicken and Prosser are saying Fournette was not liked inside the stadium. The coaches wanted him gone 2 years ago.  They tried to trade him and got no interest at the time. I’m assuming something must have happened behind the scenes where they’d cut him instead of trying to find SOME value in trade.  

Regardless, the Jags are officially in the Lawrence sweepstakes.  

If I’m Lawrence, I’m staying in college for another year because this franchise is arguably the worst run team in the league.  It would make sense that in the one season where they actually get the top pick in the draft, the options don’t include a generational QB.  The team has officially become a joke.

But but but Caldwell is the best GM we've ever had!!!
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(08-31-2020, 09:23 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: In all the years I've been a Jaguars fan (since 1995), no move has shocked me more. I realize Fournette has been a disappointment and was going to get released after the season the season, but now? We didn't even draft his replacement! We have nobody behind him on the roster, unless UDFA James Robinson (who I like) or Devine Ozigbo (who was never even given a shot last season), has been so impressive in camp that the team felt comfortable with making the move. I'm still shocked though. I'd expect Robinson to be the "guy" from here out. He's a mauler who loves contact and is great in short yardage situations, but lacks the speed to be a consistent breakaway threat. I consider him a "poor man's" Derrick Henry. This should be interesting.

This team has cut Byron Leftwich and David Garrard, the latter shortly after he was named starter for the season. I didn't find this one shocking at all, especially given his stands on social media criticizing the team's personnel moves.

The fact that no one wanted to give the Jags anything for him kinda said it all. I could see him going to several teams, including Tampa, Seattle, Washington, and New England. He's a luxury item for a contender, and could actually fit in well - somewhere else.

On the plus side, I guess we're finally committed to the passing game.

I feel bad for Minshew
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

I'll finally admit this, his vision is crap.

I can see Armstead or Ozigbo being better if given the chance because they have that natural wiggle rbs should have.

Fournette was trying to adopt it but his style was always "I'm bigger and stronger than everyone else so I'll run thru you". And it just didn't work for him. His second year he lost like 20 lbs to add some wiggle and spin but...it's just not natural for him. You notice the difference in he and Derrick Henry, Henry has that slipperyness.

I think Fournette had lost the little identity he had.

(08-31-2020, 09:09 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

(08-31-2020, 09:07 AM)Dimson Wrote: No.

Do you think we've gotten better?

I don't think we are any worse or any better. Pretty much the same.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I Did Not see this one coming...

NH3...
"AZANE"

(08-31-2020, 09:28 AM)p_rushing Wrote:

He isn't great in short yardage, he is blind. That is what hurts him the most. He has all the other skills needed, except for quickness, but he is blind and can't see a hole.

You're insane. Check out 1:25 and 3:54 of the video and tell me that guy lacks vision.