Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags release Fournette!!

(08-31-2020, 09:46 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I feel bad for Minshew

Why?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Also, are they moving Shenault to rb?

(08-31-2020, 09:44 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 09:23 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: In all the years I've been a Jaguars fan (since 1995), no move has shocked me more. I realize Fournette has been a disappointment and was going to get released after the season the season, but now? We didn't even draft his replacement! We have nobody behind him on the roster, unless UDFA James Robinson (who I like) or Devine Ozigbo (who was never even given a shot last season), has been so impressive in camp that the team felt comfortable with making the move. I'm still shocked though. I'd expect Robinson to be the "guy" from here out. He's a mauler who loves contact and is great in short yardage situations, but lacks the speed to be a consistent breakaway threat. I consider him a "poor man's" Derrick Henry. This should be interesting.

This team has cut Byron Leftwich and David Garrard, the latter shortly after he was named starter for the season.  I didn't find this one shocking at all, especially given his stands on social media criticizing the team's personnel moves.

The fact that no one wanted to give the Jags anything for him kinda said it all.  I could see him going to several teams, including Tampa, Seattle, Washington, and New England.  He's a luxury item for a contender, and could actually fit in well - somewhere else.

On the plus side, I guess we're finally committed to the passing game.

Given the Derrius Guice situation in Washington, that seems like the most logical fit. Tampa would also make a lot of sense.

(08-31-2020, 09:23 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: In all the years I've been a Jaguars fan (since 1995), no move has shocked me more. I realize Fournette has been a disappointment and was going to get released after the season the season, but now? We didn't even draft his replacement! We have nobody behind him on the roster, unless UDFA James Robinson (who I like) or Devine Ozigbo (who was never even given a shot last season), has been so impressive in camp that the team felt comfortable with making the move. I'm still shocked though. I'd expect Robinson to be the "guy" from here out. He's a mauler who loves contact and is great in short yardage situations, but lacks the speed to be a consistent breakaway threat. I consider him a "poor man's" Derrick Henry. This should be interesting.

Rock Armstead is the same guy as Fournette with much less headache.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-31-2020, 09:48 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 09:46 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I feel bad for Minshew

Why?

Fournette was the best RB on the roster. Other guys have done nothing and CT is made of glass. 

More pressure/less help for Minshew.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2020, 09:55 AM by The_Franchise_QB.)

A complete mess and the season hasn't even started. It's more so about giving Shew someone reliable. We all agree 3NET wasn't elite, but he was decent. Now there is nobody reliable out the backfield, all pressure on Minshew. No offensive line, no RB, no TE... yikes.

(08-31-2020, 09:53 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Rock Armstead is the same guy as Fournette with much less headache.

I was not really impressed with Armstead at all, (what little I saw of him.) To me, he is just a guy. He's just o.k. at several aspects of the position, but doesn't stand out at anything. I just can't see him as a good starting RB, especially behind a bad O-Line.

If Fournette goes to a team that gives him a FB he'll do better because he's almost exclusively a straight line steam-powered runner.

I Did Not see this one coming...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Fournette was useful for turning those -5 yard sacks to -3 yard gains

(08-31-2020, 08:43 AM)JW Wrote: Good.....trouble from the start.

Common theme among our talented players.    When you have 5 divorces, sometimes you need to look in the mirror and realize it's not the other persons problems.

For fantasy purposes, who do you guys think will be the best pickup? Armstead? Or I'm guessing it could just really be a true RBBC.

(08-31-2020, 10:12 AM)Brett Wrote: For fantasy purposes, who do you guys think will be the best pickup? Armstead? Or I'm guessing it could just really be a true RBBC.

I don't have a clue. I'm gonna avoid the Jags' RB's altogether.

(08-31-2020, 10:12 AM)Brett Wrote: For fantasy purposes, who do you guys think will be the best pickup? Armstead? Or I'm guessing it could just really be a true RBBC.

The Jags season starter might not be on the team yet.  Not taking shots at the young man, but I just wasn't impressed by Armstead last year.  Maybe he makes a breakout, maybe we are watching for final cuts from other teams.

What fresh hell is this??!!

I dont know what to say anymore. I was annoyed yesterday. Today I'm....nuclear!

Wallbash

(08-31-2020, 09:53 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 09:48 AM)Dimson Wrote: Why?

Fournette was the best RB on the roster. Other guys have done nothing and CT is made of glass. 

More pressure/less help for Minshew.

I know he was WAY overdrafted and is never going to be worthy of that pick, but for all his faults, Fournette was really good at picking up the blitz to give Minshew more time to make a throw or find space to scramble.  With our inconsistent OLine, that's definitely going to be missed - no matter how much confidence the FO has in the line. Remains to be seen how good others will be at this.....

Shere Khan and Doug Moron are making me care less and less about this team by each calculated move.. Kinda numb to all their foolishness. I'll be buying a Lamar Jackson jersey in the next few years because I refuse to buy a London Sillynanny one..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I'm just shocked that if the front office kinda knew this was coming, why didn't we draft a RB to replace him?

He was an OK player and I don't think he will be particularly hard to replace. However, I don't know if we have his replacement on the roster right now. Maybe one of the depth RBs is having a tremendous camp, I am interested in hearing what the camp observers in the local media think.

The front office is making questionable decisions from an outside perspective. It looks like a rough season coming up, glad I don't have to sit through it in the stadium at least.