Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So when do we cut or trade Josh Allen ?

Is he worth a 1st round pick, or maybe like a 3rd and a 5th ?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2020, 11:12 PM by D-Money.)

They might trade him for a 2nd & 3rd. Everyone will make it seem like Caldwell got over on the other team, then everyone will say he was a locker room cancer.

Maybe he'll be the first to be really good and actually wanna stay in JAX? Please?.... probably not.

(09-01-2020, 11:12 PM)High Octane Wrote: Maybe he'll be the first to be really good and actually wanna stay in JAX? Please?.... probably not.

Ha, I get the pessimism, but Josh Allen will be signed as soon as available at the end of year 3 IMO. He is a high character guy, and Khan will be keen to not repeat the same mistakes we made with Yannick and Jalen.

I mean, probably not satire in a couple years, but come on try to at least give it a game or two. I really have this gut feeling this team will surprise this year. Smoot and Bryan are primed for breakout years. Allen is a monster and will demand attention, this will help the rook on the other side with favorable match ups. LB core will be better this year, Jack will be back where he was much better outside.. Our secondary is young and probably struggles early, but otherwise has promising upside.

The offense is all on Minshew now, if hes the man, we will be very competitive this year.

I'm expecting an announcement of Doug Marrone as starting QB the way this weeks going!

I mean Telvin, Campbell, Jackson, Arob, Jalen, Yan, Fournette, hey lets trade Allen for a 5th and then when we win 3 games this year and get the 3rd overall pick, we can trade all of our picks to trade up for Lawrence.

Then let’s trade Minshew away and draft Foles.

Really? Really?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Good grief.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-01-2020, 10:36 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Is he worth a 1st round pick, or maybe like a 3rd and a 5th ?

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]

(09-01-2020, 10:36 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Is he worth a 1st round pick, or maybe like a 3rd and a 5th ?

Don't worry dude.

Shenault is the fastest man alive and apparently he has great hands
Oliver will comeback and will be the best TE ever
Collin Johnson is another megatron
Chaisson will break the rookie sack record
Luton is the next Brady
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(09-02-2020, 08:51 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:

Don't worry dude.

Luton is the next Brady

I thought Minshew was the next Brady?

The way Caldwell is negotiating, we could potentially get a 3rd and a 5th only if we package him up with CJ Henderson and DJ Chark.  Oh, and the sweet thing about our deal is that 5th could turn into a 4th if the other team wins the Super Bowl and they all get named 1st Team All Pro

(09-02-2020, 06:19 AM)Rico Wrote: Good grief.

(09-02-2020, 06:44 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]

Indeed.

So many whiny little twits on this board.
I sure hope these people aren't grown men (or women) acting like this.

Then we can all take comfort by saying he was a bad apple and now we have a positive attitude in the locker room now.

#NoSwag

I am also disappointed by the Yan situation. I do not believe we will repeat the same mistakes with Chark or Allen.

So is the narrative that Dave doesn't get good value for trades? Other than Yan, he has actually been pretty good in that department. Retaining drafted talent, not so much.

(09-02-2020, 08:51 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:

Don't worry dude.

Luton is the next Brady

You've probably got a job waiting for you making scarecrows with how easily you build strawmen.

(09-02-2020, 10:43 AM)rufftime Wrote: I am also disappointed by the Yan situation.  I do not believe we will repeat the same mistakes with Chark or Allen.  

So is the narrative that Dave doesn't get good value for trades?  Other than Yan, he has actually been pretty good in that department.  Retaining drafted talent, not so much.

I tend to agree. I think a lot of the issue with Yan (and Jalen) was TC controlling the negotiating process. That combined with the attitudes those players developed, led to them wanting out and having negative presences. Chark, Allen, and Minshew (if he is the guy) all seem o be different in that regard. They know they are good, but they don't have that diva mentality, they seem to be wanting to be part of a Jax culture change, but we'll see.

I think Dave learned from the mistakes of those situations (whether his fault or TC) and won't repeat them again.

OP is being ridiculous and clearly doesn’t know jags history. Allen will not be traded. With our luck tho, there is a decent chance he will get injured right after a long term contract and never be the same again. I put it at about 5.5 years.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Campbell was happy here, Dareus was too after he came from Buffalo

It’s these uber talented but immature and mentally weak guys who can’t seem to last here in Jax. I watched Hard Knocks and Jalen is a dumb $$