Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So when do we cut or trade Josh Allen ?

(09-02-2020, 03:20 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: I saw him at Publix the other day, he said he 91% sure he was getting traded to the Patriots for a 3rd pick.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all to see this Jerry Porter reference continue to make the rounds long after the Jags have moved to London.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-03-2020, 07:26 PM)KodiakJag Wrote:
(09-02-2020, 03:20 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: I saw him at Publix the other day, he said he 91% sure he was getting traded to the Patriots for a 3rd pick.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all to see this Jerry Porter reference continue to make the rounds long after the Jags have moved to London.

When I saw Shad at Publix last night he was...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-03-2020, 05:24 AM)Hurricane Wrote:
(09-02-2020, 10:45 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Add Bouye to the list, he was a pro through and through. I tend to think the bold is the case, add in the 100 grit sandpaper personality that is Tom Coughlin's to the mix and you get the Yann and Ramsey sagas. Head cases with massive, yet frail egos that when challenged, they act like children and demand a trade. Managing modern day frail and manic behavior is very challenging in all aspects of life, not just sports.

This right here.

I for one like the way Coughlin is strict. Yes, he went past what he is allowed to do but i think that had alot to do with the fact he wasn't sure how to handle these young guys. This is 2020, these young men get their feelings hurt and don't know what discipline is. Soon as it gets hard, they want to jet.

Yes, the days of brow beating young players into submission are over. Our FO better get hip or they're never going to succeed.

Plus this city is going need to let go of that mentality from 50 years ago. Society is turning into a seller's market. The players are slowly realizing they have the leverage as they're who power the league.

Our FO tried to play that "We're going to reward our GOOD BOYS who smile and dance exactly how we want first". And that's no longer going to fly! That locker room knew who the studs were and who deserved to be paid first. Back in the 70s, 80s, it would have went over much better because society had a more submissive personality. They more readily accepted "shut up and play". Not this generation,  and I can see from various comments that there's still a segment of the population especially in this city who haven't caught up to the times.

If there's any reason Khan moves the team, this will be it. That the FO and people of this city haven't progressed enough to realize that times have changed.

And THIS is why we're hemorrhaging players and having to over pay free agents. TC and that FO were on that GOOD OL BOYS crap. If I were a player I would leave or charge exuberant amounts in FA too in order to play for this team.

*None of this directed at the quoted post*

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1303471678853459973
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-04-2020, 11:30 AM)Mandeezee Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 05:24 AM)Hurricane Wrote: This right here.

I for one like the way Coughlin is strict. Yes, he went past what he is allowed to do but i think that had alot to do with the fact he wasn't sure how to handle these young guys. This is 2020, these young men get their feelings hurt and don't know what discipline is. Soon as it gets hard, they want to jet.

Yes, the days of brow beating young players into submission are over. Our FO better get hip or they're never going to succeed.

Plus this city is going need to let go of that mentality from 50 years ago. Society is turning into a seller's market. The players are slowly realizing they have the leverage as they're who power the league.

Our FO tried to play that "We're going to reward our GOOD BOYS who smile and dance exactly how we want first". And that's no longer going to fly! That locker room knew who the studs were and who deserved to be paid first. Back in the 70s, 80s, it would have went over much better because society had a more submissive personality. They more readily accepted "shut up and play". Not this generation,  and I can see from various comments that there's still a segment of the population especially in this city who haven't caught up to the times.

If there's any reason Khan moves the team, this will be it. That the FO and people of this city haven't progressed enough to realize that times have changed.

And THIS is why we're hemorrhaging players and having to over pay free agents. TC and that FO were on that GOOD OL BOYS crap. If I were a player I would leave or charge exuberant amounts in FA too in order to play for this team.

*None of this directed at the quoted post*
Thank you for breaking that down like that. I don't understand how the fans can't see it, its like they want to be blind. Jalen leaves, he's a cancer. They loved Yan until he wanted to leave, then he was a Me First player. Fournette leaves, Harrison leaves, Bouye leaves and are all just happy to be away from this organization but they keep ignoring the common denominator. 

You're right tho, the mentality and mindset has to change before they will understand.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!