Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rain is just non stop this year

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2020, 09:28 PM by EricC85.)

I don’t remember the last day it didn't rain? My damn pigs are in water up to there calves it’s practically a swimming pool outback!? You know how bad wet pig manure smells? I can’t even get in there to clean it up the water is so bad and every day more comes! Is it just me or has this been an extra wet rain season?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This thread should've totally been named Wet Pig Manure.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

This is why I don't keep animals. My kids want to get me a dog and I tell them only if it cleans up after itself and pays its own vet bills.

The rain wasn't too bad this year until August. The humidity the last couple of weeks has been brutal.

I walked past a herd of sheep recently, and that was the most amazingly bad smell I've ever smelled. Wow.

The smells not bad with pigs if you keep the pen clean but you simply can’t achieve that when its in 3-4 inches of water the rains killing me this year

Rain???? Ha!!!!!

(09-03-2020, 03:23 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Rain???? Ha!!!!!

Are you still on fire out there?

(09-04-2020, 12:21 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 03:23 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Rain???? Ha!!!!!

Are you still on fire out there?

The fires are like 50% contained now but at least ash has stopped falling from the sky day and night.

(09-04-2020, 05:23 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 12:21 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Are you still on fire out there?

The fires are like 50% contained now but at least ash has stopped falling from the sky day and night.

Now that the ground cover is burned off, the coming rain will precipitate (no pun intended) the next California natural disaster, landslides. Thus, the cycle continues.

Damn it more rain I’m gonna need a kayak to get down my road soon

We have a new fire that's generating its own weather system lol. I'm legitimately in the shadow of this thing:

https://twitter.com/sfchronicle/status/1...76801?s=19

(09-11-2020, 12:36 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: We have a new fire that's generating its own weather system lol. I'm legitimately in the shadow of this thing:

That’s crazy wish I could send you some of our rain

(09-11-2020, 12:36 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: We have a new fire that's generating its own weather system lol. I'm legitimately in the shadow of this thing:

Typically the rains in California begin about this time of year. Hopefully you guys get a shift in weather patterns soon.

If you've visited California, you can see why people want to live there. If you've lived there, you can see why people want to leave.

(I made that up but I think it is perhaps true.)

(09-11-2020, 07:19 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: If you've visited California, you can see why people want to live there.  If you've lived there, you can see why people want to leave.  

Well done, Marty. A perfect characterization of that strange dichotomy.

(09-11-2020, 06:20 AM)EricC85 Wrote:

That’s crazy wish I could send you some of our rain

No way man, keep it! Got 50 tons of fruit on the ground drying lol. 

Hope you move goes well!

(09-11-2020, 07:19 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: If you've visited California, you can see why people want to live there.  If you've lived there, you can see why people want to leave.  

Probably somewhat true. But people usually only visit the coastal areas.

But it's also a pretty big place. To me there's 3 california's. There's a big division between coastal Ca and inland (rural) Ca, and also north/south differences - although these are more superficial. 

If you stick me in Long Beach (LA) or Knob Hill (SF), I wouldn't have a whole lot in common with either group. 

Probably a whole lot like the difference between Jax and Miami now that I think about it.

(09-11-2020, 03:53 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:

Probably somewhat true. But people usually only visit the coastal areas.

But it's also a pretty big place. To me there's 3 california's. There's a big division between coastal Ca and inland (rural) Ca, and also north/south differences - although these are more superficial. 

If you stick me in Long Beach (LA) or Knob Hill (SF), I wouldn't have a whole lot in common with either group. 

Probably a whole lot like the difference between Jax and Miami now that I think about it.

It's pretty much like that in a lot of states.  In NM if you get out of Albuquerque and Santa Fe it's a pretty nice state.  In Colorado get out of the Denver area., etc.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Kinda like owning a boat.. The two greatest days of being a boat owner is the day you but the boat.. and the day you sell it.

Jesus Christ.. Mother Nature is making natural atom bombs now.  #2020..

Looks like a damn mushroom cloud.