Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Remember 2007

Does anyone remember how they felt when Leftwich was released a week before the season started and Garrard was named the starter? I'm getting weird flashbacks from this weeks events and just hoping this turns out similarly. We lost to the 16-0 Patriots in the divisional that year. Not saying we are gonna make the playoffs but I think this team may outperform many peoples expectations.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2020, 12:10 AM by Brett.)

"Everybody knows about Dungy and the Colts,
You've probably even heard of Norv Turner's Lightning Bolts,
If you're not in the grave and don't live in a cave,
You know who's supposed to win,
Belichick's the favorite, but here's who I'm trusting in,
His name's Del Rio and his team is on a roll,
He's going to lead the Jaguars to the Super Bowl."

I miss those days. Probably one of my favorite seasons for us.

(09-03-2020, 11:54 PM)Jaguars130 Wrote: Does anyone remember how they felt when Leftwich was released a week before the season started and Garrard was named the starter? I'm getting weird flashbacks from this weeks events and just hoping this turns out similarly. We lost to the 16-0 Patriots in the divisional that year. Not saying we are gonna make the playoffs but I think this team may outperform many peoples expectations.

[Image: giphy.gif]
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(09-04-2020, 12:06 AM)Brett Wrote: "Everybody knows about Dungy and the Colts,
You've probably even heard of Norv Turner's Lightning Bolts,
If you're not in the grave and don't live in a cave,
You know who's supposed to win,
Belichick's the favorite, but here's who I'm trusting in,
His name's Del Rio and his team is on a roll,
He's going to lead the Jaguars to the Super Bowl."

I miss those days. Probably one of my favorite seasons for us.

That was a great song. If we had Coughlin back then maybe we would have won lol. Just never caught him at right time.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Yes, I know I am becoming a broken record, but I like our offense to surprise this year. We have a very deep receiving core, an up and coming young QB, an O-line that seems to be on track for improvements, and a new, actually good, offensive coordinator. Defense is a huge wildcard, but I feel like we can at least compete there as long as Allen and our starting linebackers stay healthy (to help compensate for our secondary). Henderson seems legit so far, but I'll hold off judgement until the games on him (though his college stats were ridiculous).

Are you suggesting we're about to cut Minshew on the brink of the start of the season and hand the reigns to Luton?

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 04:24 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(09-03-2020, 11:54 PM)Jaguars130 Wrote: Does anyone remember how they felt when Leftwich was released a week before the season started and Garrard was named the starter? I'm getting weird flashbacks from this weeks events and just hoping this turns out similarly. We lost to the 16-0 Patriots in the divisional that year. Not saying we are gonna make the playoffs but I think this team may outperform many peoples expectations.

2007 was one of the best years of NFL football I've witnessed.  Winning up in Pittsburgh (twice in a 4-week span) was memorable.  I really thought we had a shot at the whole deal that year.

But this year feels more like 2011 than 2007 to me.  In 2011, Gene Smith cut David Garrard immediately after a team luncheon where he was introduced as the starting QB, replaced him with Luke McCown for 2 starts, then the Blaine Gabbert Experiment began.  Along with 10 years of misery (minus 2017).  The good news is we can't move down the ranks much lower than we already are.  Can we?
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

[Image: michael-jordan-laughing.gif]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I remember saying in week 3 of the preseason when Garrard entered the game and threw a strike to Wrighster that he was going to be the starter. The offense just moved so much smoother with Garrard.

I remembered they interviewed Leftwich on the sideline and he had basically nothing to say about our struggling offense. He kept saying we’re going to be OK.

On the eve of the season, Byron was cut.

But no I don’t get that feeling for 2020.