Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Strength of this team?

I honestly do no know.  This team is poor across the board.  I couldn't name a strength outside of maybe Minshew.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2020, 09:22 PM by Newton.)

(09-04-2020, 09:07 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I honestly do no know.  This team is poor across the board.  I couldn't name a strength outside of maybe Minshew.

I think our receiving core should be our strength this year. If we can implement Gruden's offense quickly, then we may see a more exciting team than we have in ages. His style of play calling will fit Minshew's natural abilities more, and we have play makers. However, a young team with a new offense and no off season will go through some growing pains I would assume. COVID is a total wild card as well. I could see veterans who are loaded with cash taking the year off mentally more than young, hungry players during this situation.

(09-04-2020, 09:07 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I honestly do no know.  This team is poor across the board.  I couldn't name a strength outside of maybe Minshew.

I really like Minshew, relative to everyone else on this team.  But I think we all like him because there were zero expectations for him last season being a low-drafted rookie.  The jury is out on him being a long-term answer.  As of right now, I don't see it.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

Dave Caldwell?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

The ability of the front office to draft talented players in the 1st round and the coaching staff that really develops young talent. .

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2020, 11:38 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(09-04-2020, 11:31 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: The ability of the front office to draft talented players in the 1st round and the coaching staff that really develops young talent.  .

Don't forget the ability of the front office to find high-character players and the coaching staff to create a positive culture where current players want to stay and free agents are dying to come to.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(09-04-2020, 11:37 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 11:31 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: The ability of the front office to draft talented players in the 1st round and the coaching staff that really develops young talent.  .

Don't forget the ability of the front office to find high-character players and the coaching staff to create a positive culture where current players want to stay and free agents are dying to come to.

Do not forget, creating a culture of sustained success. The jags are competitive every year!

Lambo!
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(09-04-2020, 11:45 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Lambo!

The punter and kicker are both great.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I think our LB unit will be a strong point with Jack back to his spot. Special Teams should be good. I like our WRs too. And then of course the most important spot, QB.

The way I see it...these guys still have to go out and make plays. On the flip side, the Patriots had Brady, Gronk, Welker, Moss, and a slew of other studs and they didn’t win it all. When we had Ramsey, Telvin, Campbell, Fournette, Westbrook, Yan, Jack, Bouye etc., we didn’t win it all. I guess what I’m saying is next man up. We lacked a QB for so many years but had a great defense. Now we have a legit QB and a bunch of role players.

Still gotta suit it up and play. Miami and the no name defense? Probably not, but heading into 2021 we are sitting in a good spot. Kinda like the 76ers played their cards.

The strength of this team is that we are always in the running for a Top 10 pick.

Mike Clay's unit grades had us above average at EDGE before the Yannick grade. Now we are below average at every position according to him. Page 51 I believe.

https://g.espncdn.com/s/ffldraftkit/20/N...ctions.pdf

(09-05-2020, 04:58 PM)Upper Wrote: Mike Clay's unit grades had us above average at EDGE before the Yannick grade. Now we are below average at every position according to him. Page 51 I believe.

Thx for sharing.  It confirms what I have been saying.  It's going to be a lousy team.

(09-05-2020, 04:58 PM)Upper Wrote: Mike Clay's unit grades had us above average at EDGE before the Yannick grade. Now we are below average at every position according to him. Page 51 I believe.

On the bright side, the projections is for the Jags to have the 1st overall pick AND a top 10 pick from the LA Rams.   

Of course, if DC is picking again - and he will almost certainly be retained even if the Jags go 0-16 - those picks will again be wasted.

The Stadium experience is our greatest strength. Large stadium screens, pools, dog park... what more could you ask for?

Some of you people.

https://youtu.be/7wd_L3ejXIs

(09-05-2020, 10:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Some of you people.

Exactly, with the decade that we just had, one would think the fanbase would be a little more appreciative.  The big investment we're making in undrafted free agents, past and present, alone shows we're on the right path.

Only the ones who realize the truth.   Wallbash

https://youtu.be/7wd_L3ejXIs

That should be the Jaguars theme song of 2020.

I do like the depth we have at WR.