Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Strength of this team?

Jack and Joe at LB ???

Cry all you want but I like our offensive line.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's certainly not the intestinal fortitude of this message board.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-04-2020, 09:07 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I honestly do not know.  This team is poor across the board.  I couldn't name a strength outside of maybe Minshew.

Eh...  There's not a lot of marquee names to get hyped about, but it may be a pretty decent roster. 

I like the receivers we have -

- and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the RB group turns out to be productive. 
Every single year there are a half dozen undrafted running backs that produce. Maybe this year we'll see fantasy owners eagerly scooping up Robinson or Ozigbo. 

- I like Minshew's upside.  He could have a good year in 2020.

More than being "poor" we have a lot of question marks with inexperienced or unheralded players who will see playing time. 
 - Safety, CB, NT, and a rookie DE all might be fine, or might be an issue. Question marks. 

- The LB group should be better than last year if they stay healthy. 

- Offensively - the RB room could boom or bust, but I think Gruden gets something out of them. 

- The O-Line is a question mark as well since we have Cam supposedly progressing, Taylor supposedly progressing and we hope that Bartch supplants Cann at RG or at least pushes him. 
Is Minshew going to be leaving the pocket too quickly due to pass blocking issues?  Maybe, maybe not. 

-  Pass rush may be an issue, or Chaisson may do what Ngakoue did in his rookie year. We know Allen will get his. Will any of the interior guys disrupt the pocket?  Don't know. More question marks.

Allen will be double teamed more. Offensive lines can put all their attention on him. I expect less out of him this year.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-06-2020, 12:07 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Allen will be double teamed more.  Offensive lines can put all their attention on him.  I expect less out of him this year.

You can try to help a tackle out sometimes with Allen but you can't do it all the time and it won't always work. 
Also - If teams focus too much on Allen it will give DTs like Bryan and Jernigan a chance to pressure from the inside. 

I don't expect less. He's also going to see his snap count increase dramatically from last season. He'll produce pressures and sacks.

(09-06-2020, 12:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-06-2020, 12:07 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Allen will be double teamed more.  Offensive lines can put all their attention on him.  I expect less out of him this year.

You can try to help a tackle out sometimes with Allen but you can't do it all the time and it won't always work. 
Also - If teams focus too much on Allen it will give DTs like Bryan and Jernigan a chance to pressure from the inside. 

I don't expect less. He's also going to see his snap count increase dramatically from last season. He'll produce pressures and sacks.

Lets not make things up to fit an agenda.   Either Bryan or Jernigan have proven to be good consistent pass rushers.  These 2 can be blocked one on one by most teams.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-06-2020, 02:58 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(09-06-2020, 12:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You can try to help a tackle out sometimes with Allen but you can't do it all the time and it won't always work. 

Lets not make things up to fit an agenda.   Either Bryan or Jernigan have proven to be good consistent pass rushers.  These 2 can be blocked one on one by most teams.

Agreed. Jernigan is primarily a run stuffer and Bryan can be blocked by a speed bump.

IMO Allen will be fine, he has elite talent.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(09-06-2020, 02:58 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(09-06-2020, 12:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You can try to help a tackle out sometimes with Allen but you can't do it all the time and it won't always work. 

I have no agenda.

I've also made nothing up. 

If an O-line elects to help a tackle as YOU suggested they would vs Allen  - they do it by shading the guard adjacent to him or they assign a RB or TE.
 Anytime they utilize the guard then the guys I mentioned will benefit. It's a very basic concept.

Lambo is a good kicker that has a good story. The punter was good value and continues to perform. Minshew is fun to watch. Allen is fun to watch and has potential. We have given away the core of the team and yet we still get to watch another young team go out and fight week in and week out. All of the evidence says no matter what, we get to do it all over again in 2021.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.