Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Watson gets a new contract

This aged well

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-14-2020, 12:12 PM)JackCity Wrote: This aged well

Who is eating crow in your opinion? I don’t think Watson is bad, but great QBs elevate poor teams to at least .500.

So will Houston regret the contract? Probably not.

Is Watson worthy of elite QB money? At this point, I would say no.

(11-14-2020, 01:36 PM)rufftime Wrote:

Who is eating crow in your opinion?  I don’t think Watson is bad, but great QBs elevate poor teams to at least .500.  

So will Houston regret the contract?  Probably not.

Is Watson worthy of elite QB money?  At this point, I would say no.

Exactly, he still ain't worth QB money even with a top 3 LT you had to bring in to help him.  Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers etc.those are the guys you give those type of contracts to.

He ain't better than Josh Allen

(09-21-2020, 04:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Whats funny is our QB is better than the 160 mil dollar QB
I believe this is what JackCity is referring to.....

(11-15-2020, 02:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 04:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Whats funny is our QB is better than the 160 mil dollar QB
I believe this is what JackCity is referring to.....

A healthy Minshew still is

(11-15-2020, 02:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 02:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I believe this is what JackCity is referring to.....

A healthy Minshew still is
Huh?

You think Minshew is better than Watson? Like.... if you were the GM of the Texans, you would call the Jags and trade Watson straight up for Minshew?

(11-14-2020, 01:36 PM)rufftime Wrote:

Who is eating crow in your opinion?  I don’t think Watson is bad, but great QBs elevate poor teams to at least .500.  

That's a pretty stupid way to look at QB play and contracts given his entire body of work

(11-15-2020, 05:01 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 01:36 PM)rufftime Wrote: Who is eating crow in your opinion?  I don’t think Watson is bad, but great QBs elevate poor teams to at least .500.  

That's a pretty stupid way to look at QB play and contracts given his entire body of work

Do you feel Watson is playing up to that contract?

Would you sign him to that contract right now if you were the Texans?

Do you feel that he is an elite QB that can carry his team? At this point he has 2 wins against the lowly Jags.

Yes he has had a tough schedule. Yes his defense is struggling. Even still, how often do you see franchise QBs picking in the top 5?

“I wouldn’t trade Minshew for MURRAY”

Hahahaha some of y’all nuts.

(09-11-2020, 12:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont see the Texans even making it to .500 without Hopkins

This aged well

(11-15-2020, 08:24 PM)rufftime Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 05:01 PM)JackCity Wrote: That's a pretty stupid way to look at QB play and contracts given his entire body of work

Do you feel Watson is playing up to that contract?

Do you feel that he is an elite QB that can carry his team?  At this point he has 2 wins against the lowly Jags.  

Yes he has had a tough schedule.  Yes his defense is struggling.  Even still, how often do you see franchise QBs picking in the top 5?

Yes

Yes

Yes

(11-15-2020, 09:19 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 08:24 PM)rufftime Wrote: Do you feel Watson is playing up to that contract?

Do you feel that he is an elite QB that can carry his team?  At this point he has 2 wins against the lowly Jags.  

Yes he has had a tough schedule.  Yes his defense is struggling.  Even still, how often do you see franchise QBs picking in the top 5?

Yes

Yes

Yes

I would probably say

No

Yes

No

Mostly this is because the Jags have been so starved for good QB play for a long time. He is definitely better than any QB we’ve had in recent memory. I just don’t think he will ever carry a team to a super bowl. He is not a top 5 QB imo.

(11-15-2020, 09:55 PM)rufftime Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 09:19 PM)JackCity Wrote: Yes

Yes

Yes

I would probably say

No

Yes

No

Mostly this is because the Jags have been so starved for good QB play for a long time.  He is definitely better than any QB we’ve had in recent memory.  I just don’t think he will ever carry a team to a super bowl.  He is not a top 5 QB imo.

Idk if you have been following but if you're a top 10 QB you're getting a huge contract and it will be worth it. It's not Watson's fault the coaching and defense has been horrendous.  

He's been a top 10 QB over the period since he was drafted so I don't really understand your argument

Watson isn't an elite QB, but there are only a few of those anyway. Is he top ten? Yes. Will he be able to win with nothing around him like Rodgers ever? Probably not. It should be obvious at this point that Hopkins did him a lot of favors.

(11-15-2020, 11:28 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 09:55 PM)rufftime Wrote: I would probably say

No

Yes

No

Mostly this is because the Jags have been so starved for good QB play for a long time.  He is definitely better than any QB we’ve had in recent memory.  I just don’t think he will ever carry a team to a super bowl.  He is not a top 5 QB imo.

Idk if you have been following but if you're a top 10 QB you're getting a huge contract and it will be worth it. It's not Watson's fault the coaching and defense has been horrendous.  

He's been a top 10 QB over the period since he was drafted so I don't really understand your argument

My whole argument is that I think the shine is coming off him a bit. I think he is looking more like a second tier (8-12) QB. I was surprised to see you [BLEEP] on the idea that the Texans would regret that contract. Especially after only 2 wins against our team.

He is probably top 10 I agree. Top 10 QBs get paid, I agree.
I would have signed him to that contract and built around him.

However sitting at 2 wins with a “franchise QB” would be disappointing. I would not be totally confident that I hadn’t made a huge mistake.

(11-16-2020, 10:52 AM)rufftime Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 11:28 PM)JackCity Wrote: Idk if you have been following but if you're a top 10 QB you're getting a huge contract and it will be worth it. It's not Watson's fault the coaching and defense has been horrendous.  

My whole argument is that I think the shine is coming off him a bit.  I think he is looking more like a second tier (8-12) QB.  I was surprised to see you [BLEEP] on the idea that the Texans would regret that contract.  Especially after only 2 wins against our team.

He is probably top 10 I agree.  Top 10 QBs get paid, I agree.
I would have signed him to that contract and built around him.

However sitting at 2 wins with a “franchise QB” would be disappointing.  I would not be totally confident that I hadn’t made a huge mistake.

His play is actually better this season than last season though. The shine isn't 'coming off' , they just had a coaching change and one of the worst defenses in football.  

If you're a young 10 QB and getting a new deal you're getting a massive deal and it's going to be worth it because the alternative option is significantly worse. And only an idiot would think having Deshaun Watson locked up long term is a huge mistake

(11-16-2020, 10:52 AM)rufftime Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 11:28 PM)JackCity Wrote: Idk if you have been following but if you're a top 10 QB you're getting a huge contract and it will be worth it. It's not Watson's fault the coaching and defense has been horrendous.  

However sitting at 2 wins with a “franchise QB” would be disappointing.  

Fair warning to those who think Lawrence and Fields are "the fix".

This season Watson is 6th in the league in Passer Rating, EPA, and IQR.

Pretty good.