Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars taking a visit from RB Devonta Freeman

I actually liked him a lot in college and when in Atlanta played well. I like the move if he is signed, as a stop gap, and if he stays healthy.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...60034?s=20
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Always liked him, not giving him the ball enough in the 2016 SB cost the Falcons the lombardi trophy. 

I say sign him if the price is right, don't think he can be a 300 carry bell cow but having a more veteran early down back who's a good influence in the locker room isn't a bad thing.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Falcons running game went down hill when Kyle Shanahan left for the niners job. in 2017 didn't have as many touches rushing the ball as his two probowl years in 2015 and 2016 with Shanahan. Then he got hurt in 2018. Did have success in the passing game in 2019, but again less touches rushing the ball.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Freeman would be s good stop-gap.

Was wondering when this would happen...

(09-05-2020, 06:44 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: Was wondering when this would happen...

I am surprised he is visiting since he turned down an offer from the seahawks I believe. Now he is visiting the Jags.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Him and Thompson would make a great rotation

Would be a good fit in Gruden’s system and maybe our best nací in pass pro.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

On a 1 or 2 year deal, why not?
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

He hasn't looked good in 3 years. He doesn't run with the same urgency, especially after the injury. At this point, I don't think he's any better than what we have.

I thought we didn't need help, we had guys performing better than Fournette  Laughing

Anyway, it seems like Freeman sucks now, I don't think he is nowhere near the player he once was.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We can’t go into week 1 with no legit RB1. Sign him

Makes sense.
Hope they add him.
Great pass catcher and that'll work with Gruden.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2020, 10:00 AM by D-Money.)

(09-06-2020, 12:41 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I thought we didn't need help, we had guys performing better than Fournette  Laughing

Anyway, it seems like Freeman sucks now, I don't think he is nowhere near the player he once was.

Laughing They just say anything

(09-06-2020, 12:06 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He hasn't looked good in 3 years. He doesn't run with the same urgency, especially after the injury. At this point, I don't think he's any better than what we have.

This. The proof is in the pudding with the teams not being willing to pay what he wants. They have the game tap. 

I'm excited to see what Zig, Armstead, and Robinson can do. I think at least one of them will be equal to or better than Fournette, minus the baggage and hefty price tag. Fournette has the Tarzan measurables, but he plays mostly like Jane. Robinson was a bell cow in college. Zig has shown some potential, too. Not sure about Armstead - just not enough game reps.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Hopefully he has more left in the tank than Jamaal Charles did.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Meh

Well, this has gone rather quiet. Can't see it happening if it hasn't by now..

I feel like it's probably a similar situation to fournette, in that Freeman wants to be the man at RB, whereas the jags seem committed to using multiple guys. Freeman will likely wait for an opportunity to open up where he can be the guy. If that chance ever comes for him...

I"m kind of anxious to see what our young guys do....