Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
You Just Can't Fix Stupid

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 12:19 PM by homebiscuit.)

Okay, finally a thread which can be a suppository depository repository for stories of all the idiotic things people do. 

I begin with this one:

Gender reveal party blamed for California wildfire

One of three major wildfires currently burning in California and blamed for the evacuation of some residents of San Bernardino County was apparently sparked by a gender reveal party, according to state officials.

A news release from California's Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (Cal Fire) on Sunday indicated that a pyrotechnic device used to generate colored smoke was behind the El Dorado Fire, which has burned more than 7,000 acres and was as of Monday just 5 percent contained according to state officials...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-07-2020, 12:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Okay, finally a thread which can be a suppository depository repository for stories of all the idiotic things people do. 

I begin with this one:

One of three major wildfires currently burning in California and blamed for the evacuation of some residents of San Bernardino County was apparently sparked by a gender reveal party, according to state officials.

A news release from California's Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (Cal Fire) on Sunday indicated that a pyrotechnic device used to generate colored smoke was behind the El Dorado Fire, which has burned more than 7,000 acres and was as of Monday just 5 percent contained according to state officials...

Back in my day "gender reveal" happened when the slimy thing came out of my wife.  Then we smoked cigars and drank booze while I boasted to my friends about what I made.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 06:56 PM by homebiscuit.)

Chinese rocket booster appears to crash near school during Gaofen 11 satellite launch

https://twitter.com/i/status/1302933386990891008

Btw, that orange cloud after impact is a clear indication of hypergolic fuel; the mixing of two chemicals to produce an exothermic reaction strong enough to propel a rocket. Highly toxic.  They do this to their own people. 

(09-07-2020, 12:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Okay, finally a thread which can be a suppository depository repository for stories of all the idiotic things people do. 

I begin with this one:

If I lived in CA I wouldn't light a cigarette. I wouldn't want to be responsible for scorched earth.

(09-07-2020, 06:51 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

I begin with this one:

If I lived in CA I wouldn't light a cigarette. I wouldn't want to be responsible for scorched earth.

I can't imagine anyone being so dense as to not see the consequences of this. But we had our own here in good ol' NE Florida few years ago when a guy in Baker county decided to burn some books in his backyard when the whole area was in the middle of a weeks long burn notice. Like in California, it started a wildfire that covered a huge area. 

People are just stupid, sometimes.

There's a whole lot of stupid in this article.........

https://www.factinate.com/experience/new...mFlhEE47WM
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Statistically speaking, half the world is stupider than the most average.
The most average is not that smart.
s
;

;

Although I didn’t read the link, and I’m sure it’s tragic, I’d say there’s an argument for stupid can be fixed. I’m not big on those people who don the spandex and ride their 10k bicycles next to vehicles traveling 45+ mph. I’m also not big on minivans or people hanging out of cars. So, maybe stupidity was fixed?

It says "complete stupidity" led to that. Probably could add copious amounts of alcohol to it, I'd bet.

I begin with this one:

And here i was thinking a friend’s gender reveal party was an unnecessary bit of selfishness during a pandemic. At least they only endangered friends and family who knew the risk, not everyone within miles.

Until they went home, that is.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I begin with this one:

Do you know if it was a boy or girl?

(10-27-2020, 04:20 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

I begin with this one:

Do you know if it was a boy or girl?

I'm not sure. What do sun eclipsing clouds of gray smoke indicate?

(10-27-2020, 04:49 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 04:20 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Do you know if it was a boy or girl?

A transgender pope?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(10-27-2020, 04:49 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 04:20 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Do you know if it was a boy or girl?

When I followed the Grateful Dead it usually meant trippin on acid (although my drug of choice was always tequila).

(10-27-2020, 05:49 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 04:49 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm not sure. What do sun eclipsing clouds of gray smoke indicate?

A transgender pope?

/golf clap

(01-23-2021, 10:58 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Woman drives around cross arms, hit by oncoming train (news4jax.com)

I have a long time friend that was a conductor for Florida East Coast Railway.. He would tell me all the horror stories about hitting cars and running people over.. He said the train would knock them clean out of their shoes and there would be body parts scattered for half a mile..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-23-2021, 06:00 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 10:58 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Woman drives around cross arms, hit by oncoming train (news4jax.com)

I have a long time friend that was a conductor for Florida East Coast Railway.. He would tell me all the horror stories about hitting cars and running people over.. He said the train would knock them clean out of their shoes and there would be body parts scattered for half a mile..

Sadly, that happens way more often than people think.  Having a dad that was RR police and a wife in HR at a RR company, I’ve heard way more than I care to.  This company even had, may still have, a program dedicated to putting awareness out for this exact thing.  Fairly certain I wasn’t supposed to see it, but I saw a tape of a super unfortunate  mother walking with her young child.  I guess the tracks were owned by the company or something, idk.  Because it was passenger trains on the tracks.  One train was stopped, blocking vision to cross.  Mom goes to cross tracks by foot, sees on coming train, she stops.  That split second, the child while holding moms hand took an extra step or two.  That’s all she wrote.  There wasn’t much of the kid left whatsoever.  Sad to watch.

(01-25-2021, 06:26 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 06:00 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I have a long time friend that was a conductor for Florida East Coast Railway.. He would tell me all the horror stories about hitting cars and running people over.. He said the train would knock them clean out of their shoes and there would be body parts scattered for half a mile..

Sadly, that happens way more often than people think.  Having a dad that was RR police and a wife in HR at a RR company, I’ve heard way more than I care to.  This company even had, may still have, a program dedicated to putting awareness out for this exact thing.  Fairly certain I wasn’t supposed to see it, but I saw a tape of a super unfortunate  mother walking with her young child.  I guess the tracks were owned by the company or something, idk.  Because it was passenger trains on the tracks.  One train was stopped, blocking vision to cross.  Mom goes to cross tracks by foot, sees on coming train, she stops.  That split second, the child while holding moms hand took an extra step or two.  That’s all she wrote.  There wasn’t much of the kid left whatsoever.  Sad to watch.

Wasn't the the opening scene from The Boys?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato