Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jawaan Taylor

I just wonder what do yall think he plays like this year?  I think he will be our best lineman and plays at a Pro Bowl level.  I think Cam will be much improved too but not on the level with Taylor

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-10-2020, 01:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I just wonder what do yall think he plays like this year?  I think he will be our best lineman and plays at a Pro Bowl level.  I think Cam will be much improved too but not on the level with Taylor

All I know is, he HAS TO cut down on his holding penalties by a significant margin. They were drive killers last year. He was beaten several times in 2019, but instead of giving up sacks, he grabbed and held on, drawing flags. He was a rookie, so I'll give him some leeway, but as a 2nd year starter, he has to cut down on the mental errors. I sincerely hope he can.

(09-10-2020, 01:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 01:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I just wonder what do yall think he plays like this year?  I think he will be our best lineman and plays at a Pro Bowl level.  I think Cam will be much improved too but not on the level with Taylor

All I know is, he HAS TO cut down on his holding penalties by a significant margin. They were drive killers last year. He was beaten several times in 2019, but instead of giving up sacks, he grabbed and held on, drawing flags. He was a rookie, so I'll give him some leeway, but as a 2nd year starter, he has to cut down on the mental errors. I sincerely hope he can.
The hole team has to cut down on penalties.  That's the number 1 thing this team needs to improve on along with stopping the run.  If we can clean up those 2 things we have a chance at the division

He's gonna ball out. I think the whole O-line will play well this year.

(09-10-2020, 01:57 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: He's gonna ball out. I think the whole O-line will play well this year.

Agreed, my only hope is AJ Cann can have a year like he did in 2017

Big Cat Country did a pretty good breakdown on him earlier this year: He gave up 8 sacks on the year, but only 2 in the final 10 games. He also got thrown to the fire by facing some QUALITY pass rushers in the first few weeks: Frank Clark, JJ Watt, Cam Jordan, and Von Miller. The holding I can understand. That's hand placement/technique and he can LEARN to clean that up. The NASTINESS....you either have that or you dont....and he DOES.

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2020/4/14/...ng-forward

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

I am fairly pessimistic in the OL as a whole this year. It is difficult to leave all the starting personnel the same and expect vastly improved results. However, Jawaan Taylor does give the OL some upside with further experience.

So do the Jags have any bad players?

Between Robinson being the “surprise of the league” and Taylor being a pro bowl RT, we going to the Super Bowl?!

(09-10-2020, 02:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Between Robinson being the “surprise of the league” and Taylor being a pro bowl RT, we going to the Super Bowl?!

If you look up a few post you will see my concerns about Cann.  NT is a big question mark as well but we did draft one in the 3rd in Hamilton so I'm hoping he can be an upgrade and fill some gaps and be solid against the run.  Depth is a big concern for me as well

(09-10-2020, 02:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Robinson pre-injury was a solid but not spectacular LT. Up until his injury he was always the lineman we ran behind on 3rd & 1, goalline, short-yardage or "must have" carries. He didn't really get back to being himself till late last year.

Taylor had a rough start to the year being a rookie and going up a murderer's row of elite pass rushers but improved astronomically towards the end of the season.

The problem with our line is the Guards/interior. Linder didn't have a great season by any means but was nicked up a bit, I expect him to return to form as our best Olineman but I'm very Very VERY! worried about Norwell & Cann. Guard should be the easiest position to find and get production out of and I think that they may be the achilles heel of this offense in 2020.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

I’ve been trying to get you guys to see that our Oline is just fine. I think Cam, Linder, Taylor are our long term starters and can buy time for Minshew.

(09-10-2020, 04:14 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I’ve been trying to get you guys to see that our Oline is just fine. I think Cam, Linder, Taylor are our long term starters and can buy time for Minshew.

Because you say so? lol
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

I think he's a guy who is consistently going to struggle against speed rushers, which are lining up over the RT more and more often unfortunately. Other than that I think he'll be good.

(09-10-2020, 04:14 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I’ve been trying to get you guys to see that our Oline is just fine. I think Cam, Linder, Taylor are can be our long term starters and can buy time for Minshew.

FTFY

The entire season will hinge on how good our offensive line will play.

I expect Robinson and Taylor to make significant steps forward in their play - I just hope that it's the case.

(09-10-2020, 01:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 01:57 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: He's gonna ball out. I think the whole O-line will play well this year.

Agreed, my only hope is AJ Cann can have a year like he did in 2017

No doubt.. he's the wildcard in my opinion. Guess we'll just have to see how it all plays out.

(09-11-2020, 08:22 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 01:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agreed, my only hope is AJ Cann can have a year like he did in 2017

No doubt.. he's the wildcard in my opinion. Guess we'll just have to see how it all plays out.

Im hoping that the development of Bartch accelerates over the course of the season. At the same time, I think improved play out of Taylor/Linder can mask some of Cann's deficiencies.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(09-11-2020, 09:33 AM)NCJag Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 08:22 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: No doubt.. he's the wildcard in my opinion. Guess we'll just have to see how it all plays out.

Im hoping that the development of Bartch accelerates over the course of the season. At the same time, I think improved play out of Taylor/Linder can mask some of Cann's deficiencies.

I'd be willing to bet Bartch at least played as well as Cann did in practice, but with no preseason games to test the waters, the coaching staff gave the nod to Cann. I'd expect Bartch to be the starter in 2021 if not sooner. I like that kid.

(09-11-2020, 11:08 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 09:33 AM)NCJag Wrote: Im hoping that the development of Bartch accelerates over the course of the season. At the same time, I think improved play out of Taylor/Linder can mask some of Cann's deficiencies.

I'd be willing to bet Bartch at least played as well as Cann did in practice, but with no preseason games to test the waters, the coaching staff gave the nod to Cann. I'd expect Bartch to be the starter in 2021 if not sooner. I like that kid.

I imagine if Cann falters the kid will get a shot. Probably gets a shot later in the season anyway so they can evaluate him. 

I certainly like that we've heard lots of good things about his training camp efforts. I hope he pushes Cann to play better and takes over for him eventually anyway when he's ready.

Bartch has that mean streak you like to see in a Guard