Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chiefs win the SB, again

The game against Houston last night clearly showed that Mahomes and his offensive machine are back again this year. They looked unstoppable. Kelce looks strong as ever and the addition of rookie RB Edwards-Helaire, to name a couple of outstanding players, along with a dynamic playbook gives Mahomes options that were hard for even a stout Houston defense to scuttle. Barring injury, they look to be repeat contenders for the big shiny rings.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Edwards-Helaire reminds me of Mojo.

A couple of takeaways:

- Chefs ran the ball 34 times and produced on the ground. (32 pass attempts)

- Houston's defense will look better against lesser offenses, but I see plenty of vulnerability there this year. The texans D is not what it used to be.

The main issue for Houston was Lack of a true No.1 receiver, and bad protection. Almost no QB in the NFL can excel in that situation.

(09-11-2020, 08:25 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: The main issue for Houston was Lack of a true No.1 receiver, and bad protection. Almost no QB in the NFL can excel in that situation.

No doubt. If Watson wasn't so mobile, he'd be on IR already.

(09-11-2020, 07:17 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The game against Houston last night clearly showed that Mahomes and his offensive machine are back again this year. They looked unstoppable. Kelce looks strong as ever and the addition of rookie RB Edwards-Helaire, to name a couple of outstanding players, along with a dynamic playbook gives Mahomes options that were hard for even a stout Houston defense to scuttle. Barring injury, they look to be repeat contenders for the big shiny rings.

This is a good year to tank because no team in the AFC, even the Ravens, is capable of matching the Chiefs this year. The Saints on paper might be able to make it competitive in the Super Bowl. But Brees is regressing and his playmakers outside of Thomas and Kamara can't match those on the Chiefs.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Yeah, I laughed out loud multiple times. How the hell do you defend the Chiefs, especially now that they have a running game?

This was probably the sloppiest and worst they'll look all year, too.

It was nice to see all the boos last night before the game. Keep the politics out and play the game

(09-11-2020, 09:32 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It was nice to see all the boos last night before the game.  Keep the politics out and play the game

Take your own advice and keep the politics out of this forum.

(09-11-2020, 09:32 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It was nice to see all the boos last night before the game.  Keep the politics out and play the game
Take your thoughts to the political section.

Keep the politics out and post about the Chiefs.

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2020, 09:48 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-11-2020, 09:42 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Take your thoughts to the political section.

Exact same thing i was just saying, keep it out.  But the Chiefs are still still the favorite in the AFC but I dont think they will beat the Bucs in the SB

(09-11-2020, 09:42 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Take your own advice and keep the politics out of this forum.

Agreed

(09-11-2020, 09:47 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 09:42 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Take your thoughts to the political section.

Exact same thing i was just saying, keep it out.  But the Chiefs are still still the favorite in the AFC but I dont think they will beat the Bucs in the SB

(09-11-2020, 09:42 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Take your own advice and keep the politics out of this forum.

Agreed
What do you mean “agreed”?

You brought it up.

I concur with the agreement to acknowledge the concession.

(09-11-2020, 09:52 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 09:47 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Exact same thing i was just saying, keep it out.  But the Chiefs are still still the favorite in the AFC but I dont think they will beat the Bucs in the SB

Agreed
What do you mean “agreed”?

You brought it up.
Agreed they should be separate like he said, politics and the game

And the Jags have a half game lead in the division!!!!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-11-2020, 10:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And the Jags have a half game lead in the division!!!!

Be even better when we beat the Colts

I honestly expect something similar to last year.

Chiefs and Ravens in the AFC
49ers, Saints and Packers in the NFC

Most likely the same SB, Chiefs vs 49ers.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(09-11-2020, 10:25 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I honestly expect something similar to last year.

Chiefs and Ravens in the AFC
49ers, Saints and Packers in the NFC

Most likely the same SB, Chiefs vs 49ers.

I think Seattle wins the West this year, SF was lucky to win it last year. I didn't love their draft but they added pieces and winning in Seattle is pretty hard no matter the year or circumstance.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-11-2020, 09:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 09:52 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: What do you mean “agreed”?

You brought it up.
Agreed they should be separate like he said, politics and the game

That is not what I said.

Athletes have every right to make political statements,  just as you have every right to yap about it IN THE POLITICAL SECTION of this board. 

Our message board's rules do not allow political discussion in any forum but the one clearly designated for that purpose.

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2020, 11:03 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-11-2020, 10:42 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 09:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agreed they should be separate like he said, politics and the game

That is not what I said.

Athletes have every right to make political statements,  just as you have every right to yap about it IN THE POLITICAL SECTION of this board. 

Our message board's rules do not allow political discussion in any forum but the one clearly designated for that purpose.

Its exactly what you said, there is a reason they are separate and rightfully so

(09-11-2020, 10:42 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 09:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agreed they should be separate like he said, politics and the game

That is not what I said.

I like to talk football though, you can "yap" about it all yiu want over there lol