Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chiefs win the SB, again

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2020, 01:19 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(09-11-2020, 11:42 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 11:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Incorrect.

I told YOU to keep politics out of a football thread. 

I said NOTHING about the two things being separate anywhere other than on this message board. 

Don't attempt to loop me into this ignorant assertion that athletes shouldn't be allowed to express themselves.

I don’t want to derail this thread but it bears asking the question strictly on deliberative terms. Should they be allowed to express themselves on fan times and fan dimes? It’s not like they have no other outlet for expression.

No they shouldn't, against popular belief, they do not have the "right to do that".. The NFL is a private corporation.. they aren't subjected to allow on site protest. If y'all showed up to y'all's job acting like they have, ask yourselves.. would y'all still have a job? You wouldn't, nobody would.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-12-2020, 05:28 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 10:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It was in the League Forum but people like Eric1 couldn't control their need to insult other posters, so it got moved here where we don't give a [BLEEP] about dumb [BLEEP] takes like his.

Yes, the Mods are going to have to accept the fact that no part of the NFL is now apolitical. Every moment of the game has been sacrificed on the altar of SJWism and every one of us in now forced to participate. YOU WILL BE FORCED TO CARE OR YOU WILL HAVE NOTHING TO DO.

Oh please, this section is full of nothing but dumb [BLEEP] takes and your posts in here are typically at the top of that list. Keep being a brain washed, clueless fool though.  Don't stray too far from your herd now.

My posts are exquisite. I know that's a big word for you, but you might learn it when you reach the 10th grade. Keep trying Dolly!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

This thread:

[Image: Spain-train-crash.gif]

Holy [BLEEP]. Eric1 got triggered. That got out of control fast. TDS ain't no joke.

(09-12-2020, 10:58 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Holy [BLEEP]. Eric1 got triggered. That got out of control fast. TDS ain't no joke.

Its funny lol,, Its the way them Antifa kids act when they don't get their way and want to throw a temper tantrum.

(09-12-2020, 11:27 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 10:58 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Holy [BLEEP]. Eric1 got triggered. That got out of control fast. TDS ain't no joke.

Its funny lol,, Its the way them Antifa kids act when they don't get their way and want to throw a temper tantrum.

I never come across loons like this in my every day interactions with people in real life. Wonder if it's because I live in Florida or if they just hide their insanity well.

(09-12-2020, 11:44 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 11:27 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Its funny lol,, Its the way them Antifa kids act when they don't get their way and want to throw a temper tantrum.

I never come across loons like this in my every day interactions with people in real life. Wonder if it's because I live in Florida or if they just hide their insanity well.
Oh me neither

(09-12-2020, 11:50 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 11:44 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I never come across loons like this in my every day interactions with people in real life. Wonder if it's because I live in Florida or if they just hide their insanity well.
Oh me neither

And you won't because most people wouldn't say 90% of what they post online to a person's face unless they're in a like-minded group. That goes for both sides.

Computer technology has done more to undermine critical thinking, civil discourse, and the art of conversation and debate than anything in the history of man. My hope is the last few months serve as a cautionary tale, but it won't. Rather than discuss differences like adults, most people would rather resort to parries of anonymous insults in the ether. We're all guilty.

Troll level epic in this thread
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(09-12-2020, 11:44 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 11:27 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Its funny lol,, Its the way them Antifa kids act when they don't get their way and want to throw a temper tantrum.

They only lash out from their safe space.. a.k.a., Momma"s house..

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2020, 02:20 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(09-12-2020, 09:52 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: This thread:

[Image: Spain-train-crash.gif]

This Democratic race..

To date.. I have yet to have one single Democratic voter able to explain to me what platform their party is actually running on besides "I hate Orange man, Orange man is bad".  Now they don't even want to debate.

.. and they call themselves intellectuals.. 

It's time for the working man to take his country back. Adults in the room need to take back control.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2020, 02:40 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(09-11-2020, 10:42 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 09:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agreed they should be separate like he said, politics and the game

That is not what I said.

Athletes have every right to make political statements,  just as you have every right to yap about it IN THE POLITICAL SECTION of this board. 

Our message board's rules do not allow political discussion in any forum but the one clearly designated for that purpose.

Can you stop man. I really just want to read this thread. The comment was pretty bland, just let it go.

Wow this was in politics, I didn’t even realize it, I thought it was an actual game thread for about 1 page.

Guys if your gonna give warnings about a comment please keep it short and sweet and let the thread continued. I 100% think this thread was done in by overly aggressive moding.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(09-12-2020, 12:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 11:50 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Oh me neither

And you won't because most people wouldn't say 90% of what they post online to a person's face unless they're in a like-minded group. That goes for both sides.

Computer technology has done more to undermine critical thinking, civil discourse, and the art of conversation and debate than anything in the history of man. My hope is the last few months serve as a cautionary tale, but it won't. Rather than discuss differences like adults, most people would rather resort to parries of anonymous insults in the ether. We're all guilty.

You hit the nail right on the head.  I would include technology such as cell phones in that (basically the same thing).

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

So when the athletes make political comments and actions during the game day thread are we not aloud to comment on it in real time? IE I'm watching the kick off and in the game day thread and watch a bunch of millionaire SJW talking about equality and white privilege can I say anything about it or do we just pretend its not in our face during the game?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(09-12-2020, 08:40 PM)EricC85 Wrote: So when the athletes make political comments and actions during the game day thread are we not aloud to comment on it in real time? IE I'm watching the kick off and in the game day thread and watch a bunch of millionaire SJW talking about equality and white privilege can I say anything about it or do we just pretend its not in our face during the game?

The sin that dare not speak its name.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-12-2020, 05:48 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 05:28 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Oh please, this section is full of nothing but dumb [BLEEP] takes and your posts in here are typically at the top of that list. Keep being a brain washed, clueless fool though.  Don't stray too far from your herd now.

Yes, because always resorting to juvenile insults without even trying to debate a topic or answer a opposing view is such a smart intelligent "take".  Rolleyes

Why would I waste my time trying to have an actual debate or discussion in this section? You're all far too stuck in your politics and you all think your [BLEEP] doesn't stink (regardless of the side you support). You all think your opinions are gospel. Trying to debate/discuss politics is the same as trying to debate/discuss religion. It's pointless and never gets anybody anywhere at the end of the day.

Both sides/parties are a joke and brain washed. You guys literally try and chew each other down for no reason, because you're told to (and actually believe it) and you actually think your opinion or vote matters lol. All you guys are doing is making this country worse by supporting a bunch of corrupt liars and crooks.

(09-12-2020, 09:32 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 05:48 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Yes, because always resorting to juvenile insults without even trying to debate a topic or answer a opposing view is such a smart intelligent "take".  Rolleyes

Why would I waste my time trying to have an actual debate or discussion in this section? You're all far too stuck in your politics and you all think your [BLEEP] doesn't stink (regardless of the side you support). You all think your opinions are gospel. Trying to debate/discuss politics is the same as trying to debate/discuss religion. It's pointless and never gets anybody anywhere at the end of the day.

Both sides/parties are a joke and brain washed. You guys literally try and chew each other down for no reason, because you're told to (and actually believe it) and you actually think your opinion or vote matters lol. All you guys are doing is making this country worse by supporting a bunch of corrupt liars and crooks.

Even if no one admits to being convinced by anyone else, it's still worthwhile to know what "the other side" is thinking, and your own thoughts become clearer (hopefully) as you articulate them.  
The part that's really pointless us the insults.  They might make you feel good but they don't help anyone understand why you think like you do.
But, hey, if you don't want to do anything but insult us, don't let the door hit ya...
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(09-12-2020, 09:40 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 09:32 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Why would I waste my time trying to have an actual debate or discussion in this section? You're all far too stuck in your politics and you all think your [BLEEP] doesn't stink (regardless of the side you support). You all think your opinions are gospel. Trying to debate/discuss politics is the same as trying to debate/discuss religion. It's pointless and never gets anybody anywhere at the end of the day.

Even if no one admits to being convinced by anyone else, it's still worthwhile to know what "the other side" is thinking, and your own thoughts become clearer (hopefully) as you articulate them.  
The part that's really pointless us the insults.  They might make you feel good but they don't help anyone understand why you think like you do.
But, hey, if you don't want to do anything but insult us, don't let the door hit ya...

Today's politics isn't about what "the other side is thinking".. It's all about, how can I make up a bunch of [BLEEP] about the other side and try to tear them down as much as possible.. Lie, lie, lie and lie some more. With some extra thieving and more lying.

None of those people on either side that you guys blindly support gives two [BLEEP] about you, me, or any of us in the general public, yet people eat up damn near everything they say and run with it.. That's the problem. People are too busy being told what to think/believe. They watch whatever news feeds they support and eat all that [BLEEP] up like it's facts.

(09-12-2020, 09:32 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 05:48 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Yes, because always resorting to juvenile insults without even trying to debate a topic or answer a opposing view is such a smart intelligent "take".  Rolleyes

Pot meet kettle!!!!

(09-12-2020, 10:00 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 09:40 PM)mikesez Wrote: Even if no one admits to being convinced by anyone else, it's still worthwhile to know what "the other side" is thinking, and your own thoughts become clearer (hopefully) as you articulate them.  

Today's politics isn't about what "the other side is thinking".. It's all about, how can I make up a bunch of [BLEEP] about the other side and try to tear them down as much as possible.. Lie, lie, lie and lie some more. With some extra thieving and more lying.

None of those people on either side that you guys blindly support gives two [BLEEP] about you, me, or any of us in the general public, yet people eat up damn near everything they say and run with it.. That's the problem. People are too busy being told what to think/believe. They watch whatever news feeds they support and eat all that [BLEEP] up like it's facts.

Campaign rhetoric from both sides can be that way.
Trump's Twitter feed is certainly that way.
But at the end of the day, Congress passes actual bills and the president signs actual executive orders.
And while those bills and those orders may be bad ideas, they are not lies. They are the rules we have to live by from that point on.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.