Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Will you accept the results of the election?

(11-06-2020, 01:04 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 10:47 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: It was my understanding that we’re better off today than we were before the Paris Climate Agreement. Do you have proof he’s allowing them to pollute more now than before?

The biggest polluters and villains in the climate change discussion are China and India. No amount of flogging and self imposed guilt by the USA will change those facts.  Democrats may end up screaming "it wasn't us!" as the waters engulf our coasts. Put some pressure on those countries.  A Biden admin will never accomplish this because he's already bought and paid for with China money.

What they need is Maximo for Oil and Gas.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-06-2020, 01:04 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 10:47 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: It was my understanding that we’re better off today than we were before the Paris Climate Agreement. Do you have proof he’s allowing them to pollute more now than before?

The biggest polluters and villains in the climate change discussion are China and India. No amount of flogging and self imposed guilt by the USA will change those facts.  Democrats may end up screaming "it wasn't us!" as the waters engulf our coasts. Put some pressure on those countries.  A Biden admin will never accomplish this because he's already bought and paid for with China money.

Which is why we should be quantifying the extent of their carbon pollution, impose a tariff on their exports proportional to that pollution, and pressure other cleaner countries to impose the same tariff on them.
It's called a carbon tax.  One country can kick off an international solution to this problem.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-06-2020, 01:07 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 01:04 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: The biggest polluters and villains in the climate change discussion are China and India. No amount of flogging and self imposed guilt by the USA will change those facts.  Democrats may end up screaming "it wasn't us!" as the waters engulf our coasts. Put some pressure on those countries.  A Biden admin will never accomplish this because he's already bought and paid for with China money.

Which is why we should be quantifying the extent of their carbon pollution, impose a tariff on their exports proportional to that pollution, and pressure other cleaner countries to impose the same tariff on them.
It's called a carbon tax.  One country can kick off an international solution to this problem.

Tariffs on Chinas exports? Gee, wish we had a president that had thought of THAT.

You voted for the wrong dude if its tariffs you are chasing.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 01:21 AM by NewJagsCity.)

(11-06-2020, 01:07 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 01:04 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: The biggest polluters and villains in the climate change discussion are China and India. No amount of flogging and self imposed guilt by the USA will change those facts.  Democrats may end up screaming "it wasn't us!" as the waters engulf our coasts. Put some pressure on those countries.  A Biden admin will never accomplish this because he's already bought and paid for with China money.

What they need is Maximo for Oil and Gas.

Bahaha that would bankrupt them and get them in bed with "Big Tech". Not a bad idea
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-06-2020, 01:09 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 01:07 AM)mikesez Wrote: Which is why we should be quantifying the extent of their carbon pollution, impose a tariff on their exports proportional to that pollution, and pressure other cleaner countries to impose the same tariff on them.

Tariffs on Chinas exports? Gee, wish we had a president that had thought of THAT.

I'm sure you already know Trump's tariffs were not tied to this issue of the environment.  And that he didn't put any new tariffs on India, even though they are a bigger polluter.  And he didn't ask any other nations to join us in imposing the tariffs. Try to keep up.

(11-06-2020, 08:01 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 01:09 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Tariffs on Chinas exports? Gee, wish we had a president that had thought of THAT.

I'm sure you already know Trump's tariffs were not tied to this issue of the environment.  And that he didn't put any new tariffs on India, even though they are a bigger polluter.  And he didn't ask any other nations to join us in imposing the tariffs. Try to keep up.

You will need a lot more than that extra minimum wage Florida voters just gave you if you want to slap additional tariffs on China for something as silly as the environment.

(11-06-2020, 08:28 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 08:01 AM)mikesez Wrote: I'm sure you already know Trump's tariffs were not tied to this issue of the environment.  And that he didn't put any new tariffs on India, even though they are a bigger polluter.  And he didn't ask any other nations to join us in imposing the tariffs. Try to keep up.

You will need a lot more than that extra minimum wage Florida voters just gave you if you want to slap additional tariffs on China for something as silly as the environment.

Right.  I'd take the revenue that the tariffs create and distribute it back to the citizens.

(11-06-2020, 12:00 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 08:28 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You will need a lot more than that extra minimum wage Florida voters just gave you if you want to slap additional tariffs on China for something as silly as the environment.

Right.  I'd take the revenue that the tariffs create and distribute it back to the citizens.

Really? In what form? Tax credits, welfare? Please elaborate how you would distribute tariff income to the citizens.

The answer to the initial question posed is no if any Trumper was answering, by the way. And that's how it was always going to be if Trump lost.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 03:13 PM by mikesez.)

(11-06-2020, 01:11 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 12:00 PM)mikesez Wrote: Right.  I'd take the revenue that the tariffs create and distribute it back to the citizens.

Really? In what form? Tax credits, welfare? Please elaborate how you would distribute tariff income to the citizens.

That's negotiable, in my book.
I'd prefer to lower taxes.  
I'd put the tariff money into the social security trust fund, then I would eliminate social security taxes on the first few thousand dollars of people's annual income.  Whatever made the thing revenue-neutral.

(11-06-2020, 03:12 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 01:11 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Really? In what form? Tax credits, welfare? Please elaborate how you would distribute tariff income to the citizens.

That's negotiable, in my book.
I'd prefer to lower taxes.  
I'd put the tariff money into the social security trust fund, then I would eliminate social security taxes on the first few thousand dollars of people's annual income.  Whatever made the thing revenue-neutral.

So you think your Federal government is going to use income from tariffs to lower your taxes? Don't you know our government has a spending problem that is never going to stop? 

Maybe you are a conservative at heart. Who knew...

Well this aged like milk.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 03:55 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-06-2020, 01:11 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 12:00 PM)mikesez Wrote: Right.  I'd take the revenue that the tariffs create and distribute it back to the citizens.

Trade wars and trade deficits are one of the most misunderstood concepts in economics.  A country that applies tariffs to foreign goods in most situations hurts their own businesses (who pay the tariffs on the goods) and their consumers (who get charged higher prices from the businesses to make up their inflated costs).  Trump's trade wars hurt our country; it did not help it.  It is an imaginary war with no victory... except for the government, who pockets the tariff $$$.  Trump's tariffs are basically hidden taxes on American businesses and citizens.

And Trump increased the deficit each and every year he was in office. How does any "conservative" support this guy?
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 03:57 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Even the most hardcore leftists on here have to appreciate the irony in the fact Hillary still hasn't accepted the result from 2016 and now you want to shun Trump for doing the same, except with an actual valid reason.

(11-06-2020, 03:52 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 01:11 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Really? In what form? Tax credits, welfare? Please elaborate how you would distribute tariff income to the citizens.

Trade wars and trade deficits are one of the most misunderstood concepts in economics.  A country that applies tariffs to foreign goods in most situations hurts their own businesses (who pay the tariffs on the goods) and their consumers (who get charged higher prices from the businesses to make up their inflated costs).  Trump's trade wars hurt our country; it did not help it.  It is an imaginary war with no victory... except for the government, who pockets the tariff $$$.  Trump's tariffs are basically hidden taxes on American businesses and citizens.

Most things with long term benefits won't be pain free up front. Trust me, I flip houses in my free time and the cost of construction materials and appliances have gone through the roof, pun intended. I'm not mad at Trump for this because I am a reasonable person. I also know we will go back to the status quo with Joe where we pay less for items, but allow China to continue to gain on our economy and continue to steal our IP, which is awful for us long term.

I was willing to pay more with the tariffs if that meant things were made in America, but that takes more than a few years to actually materialize.

Everyone increases the deficit. That takes multiple people to tango.

(11-06-2020, 03:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Even the most hardcore leftists on here have to appreciate the irony in the fact Hillary still hasn't accepted the result from 2016 and now you want to shun Trump for doing the same, except with an actual valid reason.

(11-06-2020, 03:52 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Trade wars and trade deficits are one of the most misunderstood concepts in economics.  A country that applies tariffs to foreign goods in most situations hurts their own businesses (who pay the tariffs on the goods) and their consumers (who get charged higher prices from the businesses to make up their inflated costs).  Trump's trade wars hurt our country; it did not help it.  It is an imaginary war with no victory... except for the government, who pockets the tariff $$$.  Trump's tariffs are basically hidden taxes on American businesses and citizens.

Most things with long term benefits won't be pain free up front. Trust me, I flip houses in my free time and the cost of construction materials and appliances have gone through the roof, pun intended. I'm not mad at Trump for this because I am a reasonable person. I also know we will go back to the status quo with Joe where we pay less for items, but allow China to continue to gain on our economy and continue to steal our IP, which is awful for us long term.

I was willing to pay more with the tariffs if that meant things were made in America, but that takes more than a few years to actually materialize.

You are confusing deficit with debt.  Everyone increases the debt, not the deficit.  I wasn't an Obama fan, but he actually decreased the deficit every year he was in office.  Trump's tax cuts (90% of which went to the top 1%) actually increased the deficit.  Meaning the rich got free money that added to the debt that future Americans will have to repay...  just kicking the can down the road.  Do you think that is conservativism?  That's ridiculous.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(11-06-2020, 05:04 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 03:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Even the most hardcore leftists on here have to appreciate the irony in the fact Hillary still hasn't accepted the result from 2016 and now you want to shun Trump for doing the same, except with an actual valid reason.

You are confusing deficit with debt.  Everyone increases the debt, not the deficit.  I wasn't an Obama fan, but he actually decreased the deficit every year he was in office.  Trump's tax cuts (90% of which went to the top 1%) actually increased the deficit.  Meaning the rich got free money that added to the debt that future Americans will have to repay...  just kicking the can down the road.  Do you think that is conservativism?  That's ridiculous.

Trump tax reform only helping the top 1% is the biggest misnomer and sham going, and good for the Democrats selling it that way. It worked.

Most everybody benefited from tax reform. I instantly got more money in my paycheck. Most uninformed people were accustomed to receiving a refund, not fully understanding what a refund actually is, and when they received more money in their paychecks and ended up getting less of a refund, the Democrats pounced on it because that was an easy score with the mindless.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 05:18 PM by The Real Marty.)

(11-06-2020, 05:10 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 05:04 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: You are confusing deficit with debt.  Everyone increases the debt, not the deficit.  I wasn't an Obama fan, but he actually decreased the deficit every year he was in office.  Trump's tax cuts (90% of which went to the top 1%) actually increased the deficit.  Meaning the rich got free money that added to the debt that future Americans will have to repay...  just kicking the can down the road.  Do you think that is conservativism?  That's ridiculous.

Trump tax reform only helping the top 1% is the biggest misnomer and sham going, and good for the Democrats selling it that way. It worked.

Most everybody benefited from tax reform. I instantly got more money in my paycheck. Most uninformed people were accustomed to receiving a refund, not fully understanding what a refund actually is, and when they received more money in their paychecks and ended up getting less of a refund, the Democrats pounced on it because that was an easy score with the mindless.

You know what's an easy score with the mindless?  Giving people a tax cut and paying for it with borrowed money.  

"Hey, here's a hundred bucks.  By the way, you owe a hundred bucks, because I borrowed it in your name."

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 05:21 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-06-2020, 05:10 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 05:04 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: You are confusing deficit with debt.  Everyone increases the debt, not the deficit.  I wasn't an Obama fan, but he actually decreased the deficit every year he was in office.  Trump's tax cuts (90% of which went to the top 1%) actually increased the deficit.  Meaning the rich got free money that added to the debt that future Americans will have to repay...  just kicking the can down the road.  Do you think that is conservativism?  That's ridiculous.

You're not very good at math... are you?  You throw crumbs to the peasants to make them think they are getting something good, while you walk out the back with the gold and silver.  Typical scam. Typical Trump.

I’m not sure you can say I “accept” it. But I’ll get over it and move on hoping for the best. And when I say that, I’m not expecting Biden or Harris to make things great. I’m just hoping for not worse case scenario.

(11-06-2020, 05:20 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 05:10 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Trump tax reform only helping the top 1% is the biggest misnomer and sham going, and good for the Democrats selling it that way. It worked.

You're not very good at math... are you?  You throw crumbs to the peasants to make them think they are getting something good, while you walk out the back with the gold and silver.  Typical scam.

I am good at understanding when you give incentive to the people who actually create jobs and reduce crippling regulations, the economy explodes.