Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Will you accept the results of the election?

(10-13-2020, 12:04 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I think it's good to be mistrusting of government, but that goes both ways, I don't feel like people criticize the left enough for the way they feed taxpayer money to corporations through government bloat. Both sides are padding pockets. The left does that with government programs, and the right does it through deregulation. Big corporations benefit either way, though they seem to be increasingly favoring the left as of late. Small businesses favor the right as of late. That should be an indicator of who is helping whom.

It's not always size so much as sector.
Businesses which have made their money off of mining or munitions or military hardware are going to be pro Republican regardless of if they are large or small.
Businesses that make their money off of entertaining young people or renewable energy are going to be more pro democrat, again regardless of if they are large or small.
And of course all of this is in flux.
Depending on how permanent Trump's stamp on the Republican Party is, they could become the party of tariffs, and the political alignment of businesses will split based on how much they depend on international trade.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Messages In This Thread
Copycat - by copycat - 09-12-2020, 08:07 PM
Copycat - by copycat - 09-12-2020, 08:48 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 09-13-2020, 07:16 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by flsprtsgod - 09-13-2020, 09:59 AM
RE: Will you accept the results of the election? - by mikesez - 10-13-2020, 12:29 PM