Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minshew is the man.

(09-25-2020, 06:46 AM)prime winner Wrote: I don't think Minshew is the answer here in Jacksonville. I think he would be a nice backup but does not have what it takes to be a top tier qb. He's lacking a little arm strength, a little too short to see over the middle well, and has inconsistent games like this one. Chark wasn't dominating this year so I don't think his missed game was that big of a deal.

Yes he's better than Bortles but nowhere near a top tier guy that can carry a struggling team.

He may not be the guy but having an off game in his sophomore season isn't unusual for even the QBs who go on to become all time greats. I get the sense that he's still ascending but his arm strength will always be something he'll have to work around.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-25-2020, 07:25 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-25-2020, 06:46 AM)prime winner Wrote: I don't think Minshew is the answer here in Jacksonville. I think he would be a nice backup but does not have what it takes to be a top tier qb. He's lacking a little arm strength, a little too short to see over the middle well, and has inconsistent games like this one. Chark wasn't dominating this year so I don't think his missed game was that big of a deal.

Yes he's better than Bortles but nowhere near a top tier guy that can carry a struggling team.
You are looking at stats.  Missing Chark was huge last night and it showed.  He draws coverages towards him and teams have to worry aboit the deep threat and it help open things up underneath like to Shenault

Thats not adding the fact that our Oline got man handled. Its kinda hard to throw the ball when the defense is in the backfield more than our own RB is....

An overall bad game from the whole team and a QB in his second year had a bad game so hes not starter worthy... lol

You realize Brees, Brady, Wilson, and so on have all had bad games before right? It happens, then add in the sh!tshow the rest of the team was providing and it becomes really ugly.
In Dougie I Trust!

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2020, 07:37 AM by snowwolf776.)

he was great until doug destroyed him. doug needs to be fired now!

yes other qbs have had bad games before,but never had 6 to 8 in a row. jags qbs always start loseing games in a row after first lose cause doug stinks as hc. Fire him.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Wasn’t his best game but hardly something to crucify him for. He could’ve been the second coming of joe Montana last night and it wouldn’t have made a difference with that defense.

Game was over the first possession we weren’t perfect on.

(09-25-2020, 07:45 AM)NoShoes Wrote: Wasn’t his best game but hardly something to crucify him for. He could’ve been the second coming of joe Montana last night and it wouldn’t have made a difference with that defense.

I agree. Conley dropped a first down conversion, PI on another conversion. 3 receivers had TDs hit them in the hands(the team did score that drive but just the point of the drops).

(09-25-2020, 07:35 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: he was great until doug destroyed him. doug needs to be fired now!

yes other qbs have had bad games before,but never had 6 to 8 in a row.  jags qbs always start loseing games in a row after first lose cause doug stinks as hc. Fire him.

When did Minshew have 6-8 bad games in a row?

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2020, 08:16 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-25-2020, 07:34 AM)Hurricane Wrote:
(09-25-2020, 07:25 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You are looking at stats.  Missing Chark was huge last night and it showed.  He draws coverages towards him and teams have to worry aboit the deep threat and it help open things up underneath like to Shenault

Thats not adding the fact that our Oline got man handled. Its kinda hard to throw the ball when the defense is in the backfield more than our own RB is....

An overall bad game from the whole team and a QB in his second year had a bad game so hes not starter worthy... lol

You realize Brees, Brady, Wilson, and so on have all had bad games before right? It happens, then add in the sh!tshow the rest of the team was providing and it becomes really ugly.
The leader/ center, and the guy who has been our best lineman since drafted was out as i also think was a factor with the way our oline played.  He calls protections at times and he wasn't out there and I think that was a factor as well.  Our best lineman and WR were both out.  Not to say that would of been enough to when but I think those 2 being out is a huge reason why our offense was bad last night other than JRob

This game wasn't on minshew. It was on Todd Wash and the coaching staff. Need a huge bounce back next Sunday.

(09-25-2020, 08:18 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: This game wasn't on minshew. It was on Todd Wash and the coaching staff. Need a huge bounce back next Sunday.

if we can beat the Bengals we will be at .500.  We have 10 days to try to fix some of the problems and hopefully Chark and Linder will be back.  On a side note its nice to have Dede back.  

Westbrook>>>>>>Conley

(09-25-2020, 08:18 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: This game wasn't on minshew. It was on Todd Wash and the coaching staff. Need a huge bounce back next Sunday.

wash needs to go ...  and soon
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Did Minshew have a great game? No. Was it all on him? Also no. Conley certainly didn't help things with his drops and his penalties.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Minshew has the whole year to prove if he is the guy. With this defense, if he’s more like the guy from last night the Jags pick top 3 and we get a top QB. If he’s more like the 2 first games we’re probably just outside the top 10 and we get some defensive help. No point in crowning him a franchise guy or a bust 3 games in.

(09-25-2020, 08:44 AM)Jags239 Wrote: Minshew has the whole year to prove if he is the guy. With this defense, if he’s more like the guy from last night the Jags pick top 3 and we get a top QB. If he’s more like the 2 first games we’re probably just outside the top 10 and we get some defensive help. No point in crowning him a franchise guy or a bust 3 games in.

This is a well measured and accurate take. I do think that last night was a blow to my short-term confidence in Minshew, but I am still hopeful we can make some adjustments and bounce back. The lack of Chark really hurt us as well. We better be resigning Chark as soon as possible after year three of his rookie deal. Conley played a role in killing 4 drives (2 drops, PI, and interception).

More Westbrook, less Conley.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2020, 09:41 AM by snowwolf776.)

(09-25-2020, 08:11 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-25-2020, 07:35 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: he was great until doug destroyed him. doug needs to be fired now!

yes other qbs have had bad games before,but never had 6 to 8 in a row.  jags qbs always start loseing games in a row after first lose cause doug stinks as hc. Fire him.

When did Minshew have 6-8 bad games in a row?

he hasn't yet,but doug will make sure he does. bortles was a good qb until doug ruined him. Gabbert could've been decent,doug destroys everything he coaches look at bills they sucked for years after he  quit there.  he needs to be fired. minshew will end up with 10 stright bad games in a row if doug isn't fired now.  Bengals are going to crush us worse then guppies did. its all dougs fault that this is worst suckssonville team ever. Colts handed game to jags. Jags can't win,as long as doug is the HC might as well get use to loseing all the time. this team is worse then the 0-16 lions,and 0-16 browns. only have a win cause it was handed to them.

Honestly we need Minshew. We never get the first overall pick. Do you want to trade picks for another unproven QB that will get destroyed by this team?

Really bad game across the board. This defense will need the whole season just to get a few stops. We don't need a punt return team because teams barely punt.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-25-2020, 08:11 AM)PS9 Wrote:
(09-25-2020, 07:45 AM)NoShoes Wrote: Wasn’t his best game but hardly something to crucify him for. He could’ve been the second coming of joe Montana last night and it wouldn’t have made a difference with that defense.

I agree. Conley dropped a first down conversion, PI on another conversion. 3 receivers had TDs hit them in the hands(the team did score that drive but just the point of the drops).

Conley dropped TWO key first down conversions that killed drives. One on the first drive of the game I'm pretty sure it was, or maybe second but either way it killed the drive. Then after halftime he had a pass hit him literally in the numbers on his chest that he dropped that would've been about a 30 yd gain. That's where Chark is missed badly. Neither of those passes would've been dropped by Chark and maybe those drives continue into TDs that change the course of that game... 

But Conley sucks so we'll never know. Caldwell needs to sign Chark to a long term contract right friggin away. 

Can't be more obvious how important he is to the team than last night.

no qb in the nfl can save or help this team until doug is fired. hes the whole cause of all the loseing. hes made the jags the new clevand browns of the nfl. a laughing stock,can't even beat a winless guppies team. no offensse inteded to browns fans.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2020, 09:31 AM by imtheblkranger.)

(09-25-2020, 09:18 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(09-25-2020, 08:11 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: When did Minshew have 6-8 bad games in a row?

he hasn't yet,but doug will make sure he does. bortles was a good qb until doug ruined him. Gabbert could've been decent,doug destroys everything he coaches look at bills they sucked for years after he  quit there.  he needs to be fired. minshew will end up with 10 stright bad games in a row if doug isn't fired now.  Bengals are going to crush us worse then guppies did. its all dougs fault that this is worst suckssonville team ever. Colts handed game to jags. Jags can't win,as long as doug is the HC might as well get use to loseing all the time. this team is worse then the 0-16 lions,and 0-16 bengals. only have a win cause it was handed to them.

Bortles had his most successful season with Doug as his coach. 

And no we are not worse than the 0-16 Lions and Browns lol (also, the Bengals never went 0-16)

thanks ,i couldn't rember if it was browns,or bengals. that year was nothing but pre-luck. doug is a loser. he needs to be fired. 2017 was a lucky year. bortles was good that year cause of himself,not doug. we are worse then those 0-16 teams. when you can't beat a winless guppies team you flat out suck.