Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minshew is the man.

(09-16-2020, 09:15 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 06:47 AM)hb1148 Wrote: Probably not but who knows where his ceiling is? What he's done is encouraging and he has a finesse to his game that makes it easy to forget he's only started his 13th NFL game. I don't remember what Wilson was like after 13 games but pretty sure he wasn't what he is now.

2012 - 64%  26tds 10 ints  100.0 rating

Wilson was good from Day 1 of his first camp and beat out the just signed and very expensive Matt Flynn for the job. The big difference is Russell's cannon right arm.

So, yeah, GM15 as a poor man's Wilson isn't really that far off. Wilson was and is better, but we'll see what the Stache does this year and hope for the same results.

Yeah I decided to check after I posted that. Wilson had a pretty good rookie year but obviously he's considerably better now. Also compared to Minshew, his QBR was noticeably better but Minshew was comparable in almost every other stat and better in some. So that confirms your point and should hopefully bode well for the future even if he's not the freakish athlete that Wilson is.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-16-2020, 02:57 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 09:15 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 2012 - 64%  26tds 10 ints  100.0 rating

Wilson was good from Day 1 of his first camp and beat out the just signed and very expensive Matt Flynn for the job. The big difference is Russell's cannon right arm.

So, yeah, GM15 as a poor man's Wilson isn't really that far off. Wilson was and is better, but we'll see what the Stache does this year and hope for the same results.

Yeah I decided to check after I posted that. Wilson had a pretty good rookie year but obviously he's considerably better now. Also compared to Minshew, his QBR was noticeably better but Minshew was comparable in almost every other stat and better in some. So that confirms your point and should hopefully bode well for the future even if he's not the freakish athlete that Wilson is.

Yeah but Wilson had the benefit of a great running game early on and he didn't have to do too much, not to mention a perfect Seattle D. I think Wilson is better than Minshew sure, but I don't think Minshew is behind him on intelligence or ability for us to win games.

(09-16-2020, 03:39 PM)MojoKing Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 02:57 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Yeah I decided to check after I posted that. Wilson had a pretty good rookie year but obviously he's considerably better now. Also compared to Minshew, his QBR was noticeably better but Minshew was comparable in almost every other stat and better in some. So that confirms your point and should hopefully bode well for the future even if he's not the freakish athlete that Wilson is.

Yeah but Wilson had the benefit of a great running game early on and he didn't have to do too much, not to mention a perfect Seattle D. I think Wilson is better than Minshew sure, but I don't think Minshew is behind him on intelligence or ability for us to win games.
“Or ability to win games”?! You don’t think the Jags win more game with Wilson?

(09-16-2020, 07:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 03:39 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Yeah but Wilson had the benefit of a great running game early on and he didn't have to do too much, not to mention a perfect Seattle D. I think Wilson is better than Minshew sure, but I don't think Minshew is behind him on intelligence or ability for us to win games.

sure, Wilson is a game changer, all I am saying is with right personnel around Minshew and an offense designed around his play style, I don't think we'd be that far off as terms as Wins. Minshew is just as clutch IMO, however Wilson is obviously a dual threat with a better arm, but I don't necessarily think that thats guaranteed a lot more wins

https://youtu.be/mOqGBES3p6o

Enjoy gents.

Good video. I'll take efficiency all day long.

(09-17-2020, 02:47 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Enjoy gents.

Probably getting a little over my skis now.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2020, 12:34 PM by imtheblkranger.)

From that same guy as the Machine video:

https://youtu.be/Z_Juk5yP4EM

Some people on Twitter are saying analyst Greg Cosell who likes to break down tapes/analyze QB's is saying Gardner is a franchise QB. They said he was explaining the reasons today. Greg is supposed to be on "The Herd" today where he does stuff like this. I am interested in seeing video of his analysis of Gardner.

(09-17-2020, 01:40 PM)mal234 Wrote: Some people on  Twitter are saying analyst Greg Cosell who likes to break down tapes/analyze QB's is saying Gardner is a franchise QB. They said he was explaining the reasons today. Greg is supposed to be on "The Herd" today where he does stuff like this. I am interested in seeing video of his analysis of Gardner.

https://youtu.be/2dGPjQChHhU
From 5:27-6:59
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2020, 02:22 PM by The Real Marty.)

(09-17-2020, 01:40 PM)mal234 Wrote: Some people on  Twitter are saying analyst Greg Cosell who likes to break down tapes/analyze QB's is saying Gardner is a franchise QB. They said he was explaining the reasons today. Greg is supposed to be on "The Herd" today where he does stuff like this. I am interested in seeing video of his analysis of Gardner.

Found it!  It's at the 9:51 mark.  "Gardner Minshew is a quality NFL quarterback who is only going to get better."  And he goes on to say we don't need Trevor Lawrence.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfTsfkKot9k

Guys...... did.... did we find a real QB?

(09-17-2020, 03:18 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Guys...... did.... did we find a real QB?

I believe we'll know the answer to this by the bye.

I remember the Saints were the team to give Minshew the first round of trouble (but hell they gave Brady lots of trouble last week), I am curious to see how teams play Minshew in the coming weeks. We'll know if he has learned from his mistakes by around the bye for sure

(09-17-2020, 02:19 PM)MightyRx Wrote:

https://youtu.be/2dGPjQChHhU
From 5:27-6:59

(09-17-2020, 02:19 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Found it!  It's at the 9:51 mark.  "Gardner Minshew is a quality NFL quarterback who is only going to get better."  And he goes on to say we don't need Trevor Lawrence.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfTsfkKot9k

Thanks for posting these clips. I'm glad to see Greg support Gardner and state he believes he is a good quality starting QB.  I think he is too.

(09-17-2020, 08:34 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-17-2020, 02:47 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Enjoy gents.

Probably getting a little over my skis now.

Big Grin

(09-16-2020, 07:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 03:39 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Yeah but Wilson had the benefit of a great running game early on and he didn't have to do too much, not to mention a perfect Seattle D. I think Wilson is better than Minshew sure, but I don't think Minshew is behind him on intelligence or ability for us to win games.

No matter, we got Brian Anger instead.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Imagine what happens when coaches actually develop the scheme around the talent of their players...

This.

(09-17-2020, 03:45 PM)MojoKing Wrote: I remember the Saints were the team to give Minshew the first round of trouble (but hell they gave Brady lots of trouble last week), I am curious to see how teams play Minshew in the coming weeks. We'll know if he has learned from his mistakes by around the bye for sure

Imagine...a good defense giving a rookie QB trouble...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-18-2020, 08:28 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(09-17-2020, 03:45 PM)MojoKing Wrote: I remember the Saints were the team to give Minshew the first round of trouble (but hell they gave Brady lots of trouble last week), I am curious to see how teams play Minshew in the coming weeks. We'll know if he has learned from his mistakes by around the bye for sure

Imagine...a good defense giving a rookie QB trouble...

And he still was better in one of his worst games than we've had as an average game from our most recent QBs