Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minshew is the man.

(09-29-2020, 11:22 PM)mal234 Wrote: Gardner was featured in this week's addition of mic'd up during the Dolphins game. That game ended up not going well for the Jags and wasn't very eventual, but I did see some interesting things in this video. First of all Gardner really seems to love his teammates. He geuniely cares about them and likes encouraging them, seeing do well. Also in spite of his and the team's performance, he actually seemed pretty calm during this game.  He didn't seem rattled when he was mic'd up even after the Jags went down big again.

He even told Jay Gruden that he felt good in the pocket. Even though on television his performance was a bit off. He also really enjoyed the running games and likes that the team was going with that. He mentioned that multiple times including to Jay Gruden. He actually came across a bit poised in this video, though his performance on television didn't come across as that. Hopefully, this was just a rougher performance by him and the team and they will bounce back sooner than later. I think his attitude and effort can help make that happen.

Also in this video (and I just mentioned this in another thread) he mentioned to Dede how his connection with Dede in training camp regarding targets/receptions was 15/15. Which makes me wonder why he didn't really go to Dede more in this game, instead of Chris who had a rough game. Maybe he will go to Dede more in upcoming games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzoWjo2nta8

I definitely enjoyed watching the video a few days ago and had the same thoughts as you did. And when they lose he never throws anyone under the bus, he takes full responsibility.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-30-2020, 11:30 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(09-29-2020, 11:22 PM)mal234 Wrote: Gardner was featured in this week's addition of mic'd up during the Dolphins game. That game ended up not going well for the Jags and wasn't very eventual, but I did see some interesting things in this video. First of all Gardner really seems to love his teammates. He geuniely cares about them and likes encouraging them, seeing do well. Also in spite of his and the team's performance, he actually seemed pretty calm during this game.  He didn't seem rattled when he was mic'd up even after the Jags went down big again.

He even told Jay Gruden that he felt good in the pocket. Even though on television his performance was a bit off. He also really enjoyed the running games and likes that the team was going with that. He mentioned that multiple times including to Jay Gruden. He actually came across a bit poised in this video, though his performance on television didn't come across as that. Hopefully, this was just a rougher performance by him and the team and they will bounce back sooner than later. I think his attitude and effort can help make that happen.

Also in this video (and I just mentioned this in another thread) he mentioned to Dede how his connection with Dede in training camp regarding targets/receptions was 15/15. Which makes me wonder why he didn't really go to Dede more in this game, instead of Chris who had a rough game. Maybe he will go to Dede more in upcoming games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzoWjo2nta8

I definitely enjoyed watching the video a few days ago and had the same thoughts as you did. And when they lose he never throws anyone under the bus, he takes full responsibility.

Hes going to make a great coach after he retires. Dude has the attitude, excitement and drive to push guys.
In Dougie I Trust!

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2020, 01:15 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(09-30-2020, 06:31 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(09-30-2020, 05:02 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: I would agree with that.  I think that is why people like him, because they recognize that.  But how much talent does he have?  Especially as teams get more tape on him and scheme him to his weaknesses?  Time will tell.

That will come down to coaching in my opinion.  Miami learned from tape and pushed him. They will need to adjust.  We will see. The defense is going to be a drag just like how the offense was in 2017 and 2018.

I agree with you that the D is weak and our O is well ahead of it, but our offense is still below average in the League. Statistically, our defense is actually ranked higher than the offense right now.  That's why you can't just look at the numbers, because clearly our offense is ahead of our D with the eye test. The numbers need to be looked at in proper context.

(09-30-2020, 07:24 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(09-30-2020, 06:31 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: That will come down to coaching in my opinion.  Miami learned from tape and pushed him. They will need to adjust.  We will see. The defense is going to be a drag just like how the offense was in 2017 and 2018.

The offense was 6 in total offense and 5th in scoring offense in 2017 so you must be referring to something else my good man.

See above.  We were not the 5th or 6th best offense in the NFL during 2017 (despite those statistics) and it held us back. Using statistics alone, that would mean our current defense is better than half the defenses in the League, including Baltimore, LA Rams, Buffalo, Tennessee, and Seattle. Clearly, it is not.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

I seem to remember our Offense getting plenty of short fields that year as well.

R-E-L-A-X

(10-01-2020, 03:53 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: R-E-L-A-X

LOL... I would if we had Aaron Rodgers at QB.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(10-01-2020, 07:24 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/MJD/status/1311774576527863808

MJD was awesome in Jax.  Love seeing him support a guy that is easy to cheer for.  Not sure if he is the long-term solution, but Minshew makes it interesting for me to watch the games right now.

(10-01-2020, 04:03 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(10-01-2020, 03:53 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: R-E-L-A-X

LOL... I would if we had Aaron Rodgers at QB.

Lol! But we do.

Rodgers just sat for 4 seasons  Big Grin

(10-02-2020, 01:07 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-01-2020, 04:03 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: LOL... I would if we had Aaron Rodgers at QB.

Lol! But we do.

Rodgers just sat for 4 seasons  Big Grin

Gotcha.  So we just have to R-E-L-A-X for about 3 more seasons until we expect anything.  lol

Minshew looking very hesitant the last two weeks.

Minshew Mania is approaching Manic Depressive.

(10-04-2020, 03:12 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Minshew looking very hesitant the last two weeks.

He has, but it doesn't help that Chark is the only one who can get separation consistently

(10-04-2020, 04:03 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 03:12 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Minshew looking very hesitant the last two weeks.

He has, but it doesn't help that Chark is the only one who can get separation consistently

Good thing we drafted two lousy defensive players in the first round. No team needs players who score points i  this modern league.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

If we are in position to select Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields - we have to do it.

Don't repeat the same mistakes this franchise has made in the past leaving great prospects in the draft because we had a decent QB at the time.

Minshew is good for the player that he is - a 6th round draft pick and today once again showed that. He has flashes of excellency but as of more recently, his gameplay has regressed for many different reasons.

Minshew didnt play great today but he is getting so little help around him. The D is giving up way too many points and the O is panicking and trying to play keep up. This isnt a shootout O. Gruden moved away from the run again today when we fell behind a couple of scores.

I see Minshew knowing this is his shot and he is giving it his all but hes got so much to try and overcome. Take today, get a TD in the 4th and we are down 8 (thanks Marrone), then Bengals just run us to death and next time Minshew is on the field its game over. Doesnt even have a shot at winning us the game. The O is really missing that momentum.

(10-04-2020, 04:39 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Minshew didnt play great today but he is getting so little help around him. The D is giving up way too many points and the O is panicking and trying to play keep up. This isnt a shootout O. Gruden moved away from the run again today when we fell behind a couple of scores.

I see Minshew knowing this is his shot and he is giving it his all but hes got so much to try and overcome. Take today, get a TD in the 4th and we are down 8 (thanks Marrone), then Bengals just run us to death and next time Minshew is on the field its game over. Doesnt even have a shot at winning us the game. The O is really missing that momentum.

He has a lot to overcome, but the greats find a way to overcome it.

The fact that Minshew RARELY looks to throw down field, is starting to worry me. I was all on board week 1, feeling regrets though. I FIRMLY believe he is being extremely handicapped by this coaching staff though so, there is that.

(10-04-2020, 04:45 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: The fact that Minshew RARELY looks to throw down field, is starting to worry me. I was all on board week 1, feeling regrets though. I FIRMLY believe he is being extremely handicapped by this coaching staff though so, there is that.

Didn't you tell me not to question whether Minshew was a true franchise QB?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Lol,l at the Minshew hate, we need defense. That is by far my biggest concern