Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minshew is the man.

(10-04-2020, 04:47 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 04:45 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: The fact that Minshew RARELY looks to throw down field, is starting to worry me. I was all on board week 1, feeling regrets though. I FIRMLY believe he is being extremely handicapped by this coaching staff though so, there is that.

Didn't you tell me not to question whether Minshew was a true franchise QB?

Yep. Refer to the bolded part. Clearly, I jumped the gun.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2020, 04:51 PM by imtheblkranger.)

Edit: wrong thread

(10-04-2020, 04:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol,l at the Minshew hate, we need defense.  That is by far my biggest concern

But seemingly everyone here wa on board with all of the trades.

Most here wanted to trade Ramsey.

Most here wanted to trade Ngakoue.  It's okay...we had Allen.

Most here were on board with Calais be traded and ditto with Bouye.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2020, 04:56 PM by JagFan81.)

(10-04-2020, 04:43 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 04:39 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Minshew didnt play great today but he is getting so little help around him. The D is giving up way too many points and the O is panicking and trying to play keep up. This isnt a shootout O. Gruden moved away from the run again today when we fell behind a couple of scores.

I see Minshew knowing this is his shot and he is giving it his all but hes got so much to try and overcome. Take today, get a TD in the 4th and we are down 8 (thanks Marrone), then Bengals just run us to death and next time Minshew is on the field its game over. Doesnt even have a shot at winning us the game. The O is really missing that momentum.

He has a lot to overcome, but the greats find a way to overcome it.

I get that and the first few games it felt like the team had faith in Minshew. Now it feels like even Minshew cant help us.

Week 1- 27 points, 19/20 for 173yds, 3TD
Week 2- 30 points, 30/45 for 339yds, 3TD, 2 INT
Week 3- 13 points, 30/42 for 275yds, 1 INT
Week 4- 25 points, 27/40 for 351yds, 2TD, 1INT

Those numbers don't look too bad to me.

(10-04-2020, 04:50 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 04:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol,l at the Minshew hate, we need defense.  That is by far my biggest concern

Thank you Bullseye. The amount of arguments I had for wanting to keep Calais

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2020, 04:57 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-04-2020, 04:50 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

Oh for sure, those trades were great.  We miss Bouye and Campbell.   Campbell is by far the player we miss the most on 3rd downs as he can get pressure up the middle.  We are missing Wilson a ton as well

(10-04-2020, 04:55 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 04:43 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: He has a lot to overcome, but the greats find a way to overcome it.

I get that and the first few games it felt like the team had faith in Minshew. Now it feels like even Minshew cant help us.

Week 1- 27 points, 19/20 for 173yds, 3TD
Week 2- 30 points, 30/45 for 339yds, 3TD, 2 INT
Week 3- 13 points, 30/42 for 275yds, 1 INT
Week 4- 25 points, 27/40 for 351yds, 2TD, 1INT

Those numbers don't look too bad to me.

(10-04-2020, 04:50 PM)Bullseye Wrote: But seemingly everyone here wa on board with all of the trades.

Thank you Bullseye. The amount of arguments I had for wanting to keep Calais
Yeah, I hated getting rid of Campbell and hurts us by far the most and I dont even think its close

Lawerence or Fields first. Defense the next 3-4 picks.

(10-04-2020, 04:43 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 04:39 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Minshew didnt play great today but he is getting so little help around him. The D is giving up way too many points and the O is panicking and trying to play keep up. This isnt a shootout O. Gruden moved away from the run again today when we fell behind a couple of scores.

I see Minshew knowing this is his shot and he is giving it his all but hes got so much to try and overcome. Take today, get a TD in the 4th and we are down 8 (thanks Marrone), then Bengals just run us to death and next time Minshew is on the field its game over. Doesnt even have a shot at winning us the game. The O is really missing that momentum.

He has a lot to overcome, but the greats find a way to overcome it.

He ain't one of them.  He is a great 6th round find who will be a strong back-up or low level starter in the League.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

Minshew is going to become a very rich human being as a 15 year backup/occasional starter like Fitzpatrick. Better than like 90% of QBs can say.

(10-04-2020, 05:30 PM)Upper Wrote: Minshew is going to become a very rich human being as a 15 year backup/occasional starter like Fitzpatrick. Better than like 90% of QBs can say.

I would agree.  He's going to have a Fitzpatrick / Tyrod Taylor type of career.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(10-04-2020, 05:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lawerence or Fields first. Defense the next 3-4 picks.

This coaching staff?  This offensive line?  The line had their worse protection break downs when we needed them the most. I dont care what QB you roll out there, this is team doom.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I would agree, but it is hard to have an opinion when he is always seems to be chased around the backfield by the opposing players. I have noticed not many QB's do well under those conditions. I do admit he is one step too slow to turn the corner sometimes unlike a few others. His passes are slower than others getting to the target. BUT what do I know am most likely wrong.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(10-04-2020, 05:38 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 05:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lawerence or Fields first. Defense the next 3-4 picks.

This coaching staff?  This offensive line?  The line had their worse protection break downs when we needed them the most. I dont care what QB you roll out there, this is team doom.

But but but the O-line is fine
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Have to agree with this.

(10-04-2020, 05:30 PM)Upper Wrote: Minshew is going to become a very rich human being as a 15 year backup/occasional starter like Fitzpatrick. Better than like 90% of QBs can say.

I'm not convinced you're not right but it's a curious take when he's actually been playing as well or better than some other QBs projected to be franchise players. Do we assume he's going to just stop developing? It's not uncommon for young QBs to play well in year one then have a little bit of a step back in their second year before hitting their stride.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2020, 06:35 PM by Newton.)

Let’s just see how the year plays out, pick Lawrence  or Fields, and keep Minshew. He is a team first guy and could handle it if he gets beat out for the starting job, but we also would not be forced to start a rookie right away.

(10-04-2020, 05:38 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:

If we’re in position to get Lawrence or Fields, I honestly think we’ll have a new coaching staff.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2020, 06:40 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(10-04-2020, 06:27 PM)hb1148 Wrote:

I'm not convinced you're not right but it's a curious take when he's actually been playing as well or better than some other QBs projected to be franchise players. Do we assume he's going to just stop developing? It's not uncommon for young QBs to play well in year one then have a little bit of a step back in their second year before hitting their stride.

I think it depends what you mean by "developing".  Most young QB's struggle with their decision-making on the field and their biggest area of development is in this area.  I don't see Minshew being deficient in this area.  He appears more polished in this aspect of his game than most young QB's.  I think most of his struggles are physical, and I don't know how much that is going to change or develop.  He is a fighter and an easy guy to cheer for (like Fitz and Tyrod Taylor), but he has no special physical traits that will allow him to become elite, imo.

I think he has to open it up the rest of the year. The check downs aren’t going to get it done on their own with this defense. He has to play to win the job, not play to not lose it.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2020, 06:41 PM by homebiscuit.)

If Minshew plays the next game like he has the last two, I think that officially designates him as NOT the man. A franchise QB needs to roll with the good and the bad of a team. Look what raw rookie Burrow is doing with a team with an O line of turnstiles. Minshew only deserves so many chances to get his stuff in one sock. If he can't do that in 3 consecutive games, then maybe it's time to hand him the clipboard and give Luton a shot because help is not on the way.

(10-04-2020, 06:35 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 06:27 PM)hb1148 Wrote: I'm not convinced you're not right but it's a curious take when he's actually been playing as well or better than some other QBs projected to be franchise players. Do we assume he's going to just stop developing? It's not uncommon for young QBs to play well in year one then have a little bit of a step back in their second year before hitting their stride.

I think it depends what you mean by "developing".  Most young QB's struggle with their decision-making on the field and their biggest area of development is in this area.  I don't see Minshew being deficient in this area.  He appears more polished in this aspect of his game than most young QB's.  I think most of his struggles are physical, and I don't know how much that is going to change or develop.  He is a fighter and an easy guy to cheer for (like Fitz and Tyrod Taylor), but he has no special physical traits that will allow him to become elite, imo.

True but neither are Tom Brady or Drew Brees particularly gifted physically. I'll be interested to see how he ultimately fits into the team's future. A new regime is likely going to want to being in their own QB.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.