Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The next 7 games

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 12:00 AM by NewJagsCity.)

I dont see us beating the Packers, but if we play like we did today, i can see 6 of the next 7 games being winnable. Im assuming next week may be a loss, but who knows. I see this team gelling quickly in the next 3 to 4 games as they get more game time together. Thoughts?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Let’s take it one week at a time, just like Minshew is doing. I think we can beat the titans. They are due for an AFC championship hangover. Don’t forget minshew already did beat them once last year (yes I know with Marriota) Stopping the run will be key.

Agreed one week at a time and enjoy each week.

I’m pessimistic we beat the Tacks. They always play us super physical and Derrick Henry keeps owning us. They are our biggest weakness.

Stinkin tacks.... I’m cautious with predicting anything with them. But if we do beat them, look out division!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 02:37 AM by JagsFanSince95.)

If we beat the tacks this week, and assuming we don’t have any regression or turd games, I see this team hitting 4-0. Bengals looked bad and so did Miami. 3-1 isn’t so bad for a team expected to go 2-14 either.

This sounds crazy, but this team could go on an early run. If we beat our division opponents, undefeated at the bye is a real possibility, we play some meh teams early on this year. I could see us losing 1 division game and maybe dropping a loss to Detroit. Still, 4-2 at the bye would be a huge success and sets the table to push for a division title.

I think I predicted 5-11. Yesterday's team was better than that. But I still don't think we will make the playoffs.

But thank God we have a competitive team that will make this season a lot more fun than a lot of us (including me) thought it would be.

I think the Miami, Cincinnati and Detroit games are very winnable. I also give us a fighter's chance against Houston, but I just don't see us beating Green Bay or Tennessee. Who knows? I was wrong this week though. Hopefully, I will be wrong about those games too. Even so, if we could go into the bye week with a 4-2 record, that would be awesome!

Slow your roll. Winning is great and all but we weren't exactly world beaters. We got gashed and with how Tennessee plays it's going to be a long boring game I'm afraid.

I still don' think this team is very good, but they played a heckuva game on Sunday, and it may be a team that has found a QB. If the team has found a franchise QB, it won't be long until the team is winning.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Don't forget that 3 Wild Card Teams make the playoffs this year.

(09-15-2020, 02:22 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I still don' think this team is very good, but they played a heckuva game on Sunday, and it may be a team that has found a QB.  If the team has found a franchise QB, it won't be long until the team is winning.

The team may not be fantastic but did you see some of the games this week? A lot of teams are looking pretty awful this year. Still early obviously, but I think we have enough talent on offense to be competitive, assuming we don't suffer any regressions.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2020, 05:56 AM by The Real Marty.)

Before last Sunday, I think I made several predictions.  I think I predicted 5-11 and then I think I predicted 1-15.  Something like that.  

After Sunday, I could see us reaching 8-8 if everything goes right.   We played a lot better on Sunday than I thought we would, and if that is any indicator, then we are better than I thought we were.

In particular, I think we are better at stopping the run.  As I recall, last year we had a 5 game losing streak in midseason where opponents ran right through us like we weren't even there.  We had guys getting pushed out of the running lane, blown assignments, poor gap control, the works.  That was absolutely the worst thing about this team last year.

(09-13-2020, 11:01 PM)Newton Wrote: Let’s take it one week at a time, just like Minshew is doing. I think we can beat the titans. They are due for an AFC championship hangover. Don’t forget minshew already did beat them once last year (yes I know with Marriota) Stopping the run will be key.

This is the realistic way of looking at it. There's no sense in looking beyond the next game because teams improve, personnel change, and injuries alter the tides very quickly. 

Looking to Tennessee, Henry didn't do much against Denver. But I also spotted Denver doing what needs to be done to stop Henry and that is to take his feet out. Henry created those epically embarrassing bulldozer runs against us because our defenders tried to tackle him high, which is the worst thing to do considering his heavy upper body build.

Tannehill has a quick and accurate release. He'll carve us up like Rivers did unless we do a better job in the secondary. 

What's up with Gostowski? He missed four, FOUR, FG attempts against Denver.

(09-15-2020, 07:02 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 11:01 PM)Newton Wrote: Let’s take it one week at a time, just like Minshew is doing. I think we can beat the titans. They are due for an AFC championship hangover. Don’t forget minshew already did beat them once last year (yes I know with Marriota) Stopping the run will be key.

This is the realistic way of looking at it. There's no sense in looking beyond the next game because teams improve, personnel change, and injuries alter the tides very quickly. 

Looking to Tennessee, Henry didn't do much against Denver. But I also spotted Denver doing what needs to be done to stop Henry and that is to take his feet out. Henry created those epically embarrassing bulldozer runs against us because our defenders tried to tackle him high, which is the worst thing to do considering his heavy upper body build.

Tannehill has a quick and accurate release. He'll carve us up like Rivers did unless we do a better job in the secondary. 

What's up with Gostowski? He missed four, FOUR, FG attempts against Denver.

He's old, it happens.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

It's funny what one win will do for people's outlook. We've gone from people wondering if we'll get 3 wins to people talking about possible division championships. Win against Indy notwithstanding, I still see 7, 8 wins tops.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I think we will have a much better idea of where we truly stand after this weekend. If we beat the titans, then we will have learned a lot.

Still see this as a 7-9 team; but hey, anything is possible

(09-15-2020, 08:55 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Still see this as a 7-9 team; but hey, anything is possible

Dude when is Metroid 4 gonna come out

(09-15-2020, 08:56 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 08:55 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Still see this as a 7-9 team; but hey, anything is possible

Dude when is Metroid 4 gonna come out

Nintendo is too busy rereleasing Mario games  Rolleyes