Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Injury Updates Week 2

Jarrod Wilson To IR 

https://twitter.com/LaurieFitzptrck/stat...28386?s=20

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Excited to see if Sidney can take advantage of this fresh start for him. He has talent, so lets see!

Thor in the starting lineup now...

I like the unlimited 3 week IR

It isn't our team, but since we play them on Sunday... They'll be without Adoree Jackson

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/...7947865089

Looks like we came out of week 1 somewhat unscathed

(09-14-2020, 05:52 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Looks like we came out of week 1 somewhat unscathed

Well... losing a starting safety who wasn't exactly playing lights out should probably have you concerned about the level of play from the incoming back-up. 
 But, yeah, could have been much worse.

(09-14-2020, 05:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 05:52 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Looks like we came out of week 1 somewhat unscathed

Well... losing a starting safety who wasn't exactly playing lights out should probably have you concerned about the level of play from the incoming back-up. 

I put my trust and faith into the coaching staff to make the right decisions.  They are going to put their best 11 on the field.  The best may not all play "lights out", but they were good enough to get the win and that's all that matters.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-14-2020, 05:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

The guy that replaced him got an INT yesterday, so nothing to complain about yet.

(09-14-2020, 06:12 PM)Minshew Mania Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 05:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Well... losing a starting safety who wasn't exactly playing lights out should probably have you concerned about the level of play from the incoming back-up. 
The guy that replaced him got an INT yesterday, so nothing to complain about yet.

Got an INT in dime coverage vs a team down with no time that HAD to throw the ball...

You're up, Gabbert. Hopefully your career as a safety works out better than your career as a QB.

I mean Wingard made more plays than Wilson did already..

(09-15-2020, 02:11 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: I mean Wingard made more plays than Wilson did already..

LOL

That's a really whack perspective, but I hope that's how it plays out. 

The reality is that Wingard is a box safety who is behind an undrafted back-up free safety turned starter on the depth chart. 

If you want to feel confident in Wingard at the wrong safety spot for his supposed skill set because he picked off an aging Rivers who was forced to sling it to come from behind, I'm afraid I can't share your confidence.  I hope you turn out to be right though.

Only if Earl Thomas was a good teammate, boy would he be a good addition to this D

Wingard didn’t wake up to an interception. I mean, he broke on the ball and made a play. He jumped the route.

So I already like his tendencies better than Wilson.

Wilson was playing against the same aging Rivers who had the throw the ball all day and Wilson didn’t get an interception.

Wingard came off the bench and did his thing.

(09-15-2020, 08:42 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Wingard didn’t wake up to an interception. I mean, he broke on the ball and made a play. He jumped the route.

So I already like his tendencies better than Wilson.

Wilson was playing against the same aging Rivers who had the throw the ball all day and Wilson didn’t get an interception.

Wingard came off the bench and did his thing.

"Jumped the route" is a little much.  

He sat back in zone coverage and watched Rivers stare down one receiver on 3rd down late in the game/down on the scoreboard and broke to the ball on the release. 

It was a good play. I hesitate to presume it's an indicator that our back-up FS is going to be some uber-ball-hawk. There's a reason why he's behind Wilson on the depth chart. 

I'm not hating on the kid. I just don't think that play should be viewed as something to expect regularly - and I think he may well get caught out of position by Tannehill next week a few times when he doesn't have the luxury of sitting back in zone knowing a desperation pass is coming.

(09-14-2020, 11:13 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: You're up, Gabbert. Hopefully your career as a safety works out better than your career as a QB.

Lol.  I think the same thing with winegard.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Wingard doesn't bother me especially vs the Titans. Not worried when that team wants to run the ball 30+ a game. What a snoozer the DEN/TEN game was. As always, we stop Henry we stand a solid chance of beating these guys. Glad we came out of week 1 fairly healthy.

Cant wait to play the titans. I hope our run defense comes to play and maybe we can get a pass rush this time. Cheers to wingard. This is his shot