Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Negatives Vs Colts

(09-15-2020, 05:42 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 11:49 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Under 170 something yards passing.  *yawn*.  We need a Aaron Rodgers real franshise type of QB.

So are you saying the win isn't "good enough" because of stats?  I'll take 19/20 completions for 173 yards  3 touchdowns and 0 interceptions (or other turnovers for that matter) all day long if it means a W rather than a L.  I'm not sure what a "franshise" type QB is like.

He's trolling, anyways I feel ya not sure any of us jag fans know what a franchise type qb looks like as we haven't had one since brunell.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We might want to throw in some pass blitz to help put the pass rush if we have any in washes play book

(09-16-2020, 02:11 AM)Jag88 Wrote: We might want to throw in some pass blitz to help put the pass rush if we have any in washes play book

People love to call for more blitzing, but good QBs carve up a blitz.

The Negatives would be the perfect new nickname for the Washington Football Team.

(09-15-2020, 05:17 PM)uthill Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 04:42 PM)Mikey Wrote: One of those 'boneheaded' penalties is ticky tack poop that doesn't deserve to be called. he wasn't late, his hand just contacted Rivers' helmet.

What part of not hitting the head at all on a QB don't you understand?

k.

Not like he was swinging his arm like a club against Rivers' head. Grazing contact should not be whistled. The criticism is with the ZT aspect of the rule, not the player making an incidental action. I guess you can say that's what I don't understand.

I guarantee if Smoot got alligator arms on that play to avoid tapping Rivers' noggin, half the board here would be screaming about his lack of effort.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2020, 04:54 PM by Upper.)

I was a little disappointed that there was all the talk about how much motion and creativity we were putting into the presnap offense yet we only used it 6.5% of plays, good for 24th most in the league. I think we need to ramp that up significantly if we're going to keep this quick hitting west coast offense rolling against a more aggressive defense.

The top 12 teams in motion% went 12-0 for week 1.

EDIT: This is motion during the snap, not any form of presnap motion.

(09-16-2020, 04:51 PM)Upper Wrote: I was a little disappointed that there was all the talk about how much motion and creativity we were putting into the presnap offense yet we only used it 6.5% of plays, good for 24th most in the league. I think we need to ramp that up significantly if we're going to keep this quick hitting west coast offense rolling against a more aggressive defense.

I'll take what got us a 95% completion rate and a win over changing our offense for some obscure stat.

(09-16-2020, 05:02 PM)Predator Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 04:51 PM)Upper Wrote: I was a little disappointed that there was all the talk about how much motion and creativity we were putting into the presnap offense yet we only used it 6.5% of plays, good for 24th most in the league. I think we need to ramp that up significantly if we're going to keep this quick hitting west coast offense rolling against a more aggressive defense.

I'll take what got us a 95% completion rate and a win over changing our offense for some obscure stat.

Yes. It really sucks only that 2 of our 3 TD passes included effective use of pre-snap movement!!!!  We MUST seek to league-normalize this statistic forthwith!!!!

sarcasm font engaged